FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The future of "The Office" (US)

rogue_skydragon
So Steve Carrel's beloved character Michael Scott has officially left the Office after a very emotional farewell. What will the rest of the Dunder Mifflin family do now that their off-beat boss is gone? Will Ferrel is filling in temporarily (I think for just 1 or two more episodes), then it's a free-for-all with famous actors such as Jim Carrey making special guest appearances. What are your thoughts on the future of "The Office?"
gverutes
I thought Will Farrell on the first episode without M S was pretty good. Obviously, I will miss M S, but it was a good attempt at keeping the show funy and going.
missdixy
I love The Office, and Michael Scott, too, but honestly I am actually glad that he left the show because I feel it opens it up to great opportunities! I can't wait to see who ends up being the permanent replacement (and I also can't wait to see the episodes with all the guest stars). It's a good show and I think it was time for a big-character change like that. Sure they've added characters like Andy and Erin and Darrel that have made it better but those were all additions and minor characters were the ones that left. This should be interesting!
mplankbball
For me, Dwight and Kevin give the most laughs. Michael's best moments (and some of my favorite moments on the show) were with Toby, so I'll miss that.

As long as they are only ever changing 1 or maybe 2 people at a time, I think the show could go on for a long time no matter who is replaced.
snowboardalliance
So I knew Ricky Gervais and Will Arnett were officially in the finale for a while. Now we've got a bunch of others in the running for boss, including Jim Carey and Ray Romano...woah even Warren Buffet apparently (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/the-office-warren-buffett-joins-the-season-finale.html)

So at first I thought Gervais was the obvious choice, I mean c'mon, he's the boss of the original office. However, I'm not sure the U.S. version would be the best fit, I can even see him turning the offer down.

I'm really not sure what will happen, but they've done a good job so far and I will keep watching no matter who gets the position.

I just hope that it isn't a cliffhanger at the end, at least tell us who is replacing Michael.