FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain name not working

spider
Sorry i havent posted for awhile,, looking at my domain name, it dont point to my site no more,, it was, but not now,,, i put the domain name server address ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net for my dns nameservers. so, i know its all set up,,,i also went and parked the domain name in my cpanel... it worked for almost a week, and it just quit working,, like its not pointing to anything except what yahoo wants it to point at.. im going to try to see if i can get it transfered for free to another company, hopefully with free hosting, parking, transfer, masking, and lets me lets me push subfolders through,,, i say free because i dont even have a dime to my name right now,, i purchased the domain name from yahoo.com for 4.99...lol... thats why i came here,,, thanks ahead of time,,,
Bondings
spider wrote:
Sorry i havent posted for awhile,, looking at my domain name, it dont point to my site no more,, it was, but not now,,, i put the domain name server address ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net for my dns nameservers. so, i know its all set up,,,i also went and parked the domain name in my cpanel... it worked for almost a week, and it just quit working,, like its not pointing to anything except what yahoo wants it to point at.. im going to try to see if i can get it transfered for free to another company, hopefully with free hosting, parking, transfer, masking, and lets me lets me push subfolders through,,, i say free because i dont even have a dime to my name right now,, i purchased the domain name from yahoo.com for 4.99...lol... thats why i came here,,, thanks ahead of time,,,

I'm sorry to hear this, you should have posted it by then. But according to what you said, it pointed to some yahoo page. And that meant that the problem was due to Yahoo and not Frihost. If your domain redirects to yahoo instead of Frihost, then no possible setting on Frihost can change that.
spider
Well, thats really the point,,,, when i purchased my domain name from yahoo... and set the name servers,, i waited,, and it finally worked with my website,,, and it worked fine,, but when i tried to view my site before i went to work this morning, it was pointing to yahoo's "This site is under construction" page,,,, Its just that is seams to be all set correct, and i used to own a domain name before,,,, so, i figure i know what im doing,, but anyone can make one little mistake,,, and mess everything up,,, just didnt know if you had heard of this happening before or not,,,,, think im starting not to like yahoo's work,,,lol... i used to use mydomain.com but you have to pay for certain things with them now....I love their service, but yet,,, have no money..lol... I had even just started redoing the entire site to make it all my own scripting,,, was starting on search engine script last night..lol... it just sucks,,, love your service though,,, by the way ,,, you all have any small buttons, or small banners i can add to my site when i finally get it figured out?