FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone code computer games

lifeplaysu420
i code c++ updateing games that are realsed.
Bluedoll
Would you be willing to do something using your skills for $frih or might you have a little time to help me understand things related to the gaming world?

What kind of things can you do? Hope you don't mind talking to a novice.
sketteksalfa
visit codeguro.com
Bluedoll
sketteksalfa wrote:
visit codeguro.com
that's cool, thanks. They sell car insurance? Laughing
IceCreamTruck
This question might go over better in the computer software forum. I imagine that a lot of code geeks actually skip this forum as not being very interesting to them.

Also, lifeplaysu420, I'm not sure what "c++ updating" and "realsed" mean. Did you mean to say "I program realistic games in c++"? That makes a little more sense. I'm only asking because I'm trying to figure out if you are asking about games programming or what.

Does this thread have a purpose other than a big long list of "yes - <computer language>" type answers? Are you starting a coding club or something?
Bluedoll
<c++ updating> go to site for social networking (mainly larger sizes here)
<realsed> group of fisherman that get a good bite all at the same time

This is likely about meeting others online in a simulation peer game.
Cheeldash
I think he means he works on finished games like making patches or expansions.
cybersa
I think he means
"Are you coded any game?"
emanuel2
Cheeldash wrote:
I think he means he works on finished games like making patches or expansions.

with c++? I don't think so xD
Cheeldash
emanuel2 wrote:
with c++? I don't think so xD

Well he said:
Quote:
i code c++ updateing games that are realsed.

Which should be "I code c++ updating games that realised" and if you update games that are realised you're doing patches or expansions, since mods are not done in c++.
Or maybe he works as coder but he doesn't understand what he does.
Bluedoll
I read it to mean..

“I code with c++”

“and . . . . I like to work on new games that get released!” Question

Question is when you use c++ isn’t it sort of like drag and drop? Of course eventually one is going to end up using c language – the code. Correct?

So does this now mean, he finds a new game and rewrites it to make it function better? Maybe, he is doing that right now and hasn’t had time to get back to his post?
IceCreamTruck
Bluedoll wrote:
I read it to mean..

“I code with c++”

“and . . . . I like to work on new games that get released!” Question

I hate to say this because you are wrong about so many things, but I think you are right about this.

Bluedoll wrote:

Question is when you use c++ isn’t it sort of like drag and drop? Of course eventually one is going to end up using c language – the code. Correct?

No, it's pretty much fairly difficult writing just like most other computer languages. It's robust, and basically c++ has no limits on the computer so it can be used for patches (if original is c++), updates and dlls, background reporting services, and even the entire OS can be written in c++, not to mention games which can have a c++ loader but are essentially written in something like openGL or DirectX, but c++ can definitely access those systems.

c++ is more a style of programming, and a subset of standard components. Components can also be c++ code, but are divided into subsections for inclusion in other programs, so you don't have to write all the code for something like a form field, or a slide bar. C++ components cover most of the parts you can think of to include in a computer program, and you may graphically add these to your program in a visual C++ platform, but this is not required. C++ can be written by hand, but it's also a compiled language, so you do need a compiler which translate English computer code into binary that the computer can process very quickly.

Bluedoll wrote:

So does this now mean, he finds a new game and rewrites it to make it function better?

After you filled in his meaning I think I am reading it correct now

"I code [in] c++[, and I] update games that are [released]" He patches/improves games... version improvements for the next release. I get it now.

Bluedoll wrote:

Maybe, he is doing that right now and hasn’t had time to get back to his post?

Ugh, right again. Why do you force me to agree with you like this... it's really annoying. Smile

PS. Just the way he makes his statement, and now that I understand his words better I think he works in a large company on projects that are too large for one person to have completed by themselves. Hence, him saying he updates projects instead of creating them, as the project may be quite large indeed. I work every day on projects that are way too complex for one person to program, and it's only processing insurance documents and medical paper work. I can't imagine how involved some games software is, and it's probably often a lot of coding for very little effect on the screen whereas my job mostly has a real world side of each computer program/work flow that we run. In insurance software there is a real world paper trail, but this is not the case with some HUGE computer games.
inuyasha
I'm a PHPer Very Happy I coded a webpage game a few years ago but it's not the technology but the design that attracts people. So my work seemed to be just a failure Very Happy . Anyway, I got more familiar with PHP during that time. That's not too bad. Wink
Insanity
I've done game design in RPG maker and gamemaker, but nothing really in the hardcore languages like C++ or Java or something.
loremar
I'm still learning how to make games by myself. Currently studying Ogre3D. But if you're talking about tweaking on a built game then I guess there are tools you can find in the internet. Wait isn't discussing about these thing against frihost rules? I guess you can do it but only for personal use. Still making your own game with your own codes and your own 3D models and your own arts/graphics is still way cool.
Nameless
I used to code some simple 'endless arcade' style games with Gamemaker, but they never got any attention and I was pretty much terrible at adding an art or sound, so I gave up after a while. Occasionally I'll still mod roguelikes that use lua or have store data in text files, but serious coding languages always seemed like they'd be too much time friggin' around with code for simple functions and not enough time designing and balancing the game for me to enjoy it.
Radar
Coding games would be fun, but without a specific goal or knowledge that people are going to use the end result, I don't think I'd readily spend time.
remram44
loremar wrote:
I'm still learning how to make games by myself. Currently studying Ogre3D.

I tried Ogre3D a while ago but found Irrlicht to be much more tweakable/extensible/simple. Plus, it supports all the major file formats...

Anyway, building games takes a lot more time than I have right now, so I tend to leave a lot of projects unfinished Mad
loremar
remram44 wrote:
I tried Ogre3D a while ago but found Irrlicht to be much more tweakable/extensible/simple. Plus, it supports all the major file formats...

Yeah, I've heard about comparisons between Irrlicht and Ogre3D. They say Irrlicht is easier to learn and use while Ogre3D can do almost anything in terms of graphics(much expected for an engine which only focused on graphics). But I'm definitely going to try both to see what's best to fit me.
abhizz
Sounds great if you can code games, I'm a coder of little mobile games like java