FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 4 problem? (frihost.org)

drunkenkoz
I'm currently having a problem with my domain for the past three days where it's been constantly slow and has horrible loading times. I am currently on the http://frihost.org domain. Please let me know cause a couple of my friends are also on this one and they've been having long loading times too.
PGe-tips
I experianced the same yesterday ... between 22.30 and 23.30 (GMT+1) server 4 seemed to be down.
... Bondings announced that he will be switching this server at the end of may .. perhaps he is doing some preparations that interfere with the performance ...? As long as all returns within a reasonable time I guess we will have to live with it. After all it's a free host !
drunkenkoz
Yeah I know what you mean. This is one of the best free hosts I've been with in a long time. I was just wondering because the website has been on and off for the past couple of days and it's been pretty laggy with long load times. Just wanted to make sure nothing serious was going on with the servers.
Bondings
It seems like a small DOS against the server. Some computer was constantly posting data to a Wordpress admin page. I banned the ip address and the load has returned to normal levels. I think this combined with the updating of statistics caused the server to be so slow/unresponsive. It didn't have anything to do with the upcoming server move.
drunkenkoz
Yeah the load has been a lot better today compared to the last couple of days.
PGe-tips
Again my domains from Frihost are inaccessible ?
again I can login to the ip adress http://72.232.207.138:2222
all files are still present (checked with the admin panel) and if I browse to an HTML link (through the Directadmin browser they show up great (with a very long URL). if I do the same for a php page the a get the following error:
Quote:
mark('afterLoad') : null; // Instantiate the application. $app = JFactory::getApplication('site'); // Initialise the application. $app->initialise(); // Mark afterIntialise in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterInitialise') : null; // Route the application. $app->route(); // Mark afterRoute in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRoute') : null; // Dispatch the application. $app->dispatch(); // Mark afterDispatch in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterDispatch') : null; // Render the application. $app->render(); // Mark afterRender in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRender') : null; // Return the response. echo $app;

It seems like the PHP inetrpreter is down.
Finally I can not access my stuff through FTP neither.

Hopefully it gets fixed fast !!!!
Bondings
PGe-tips wrote:
Again my domains from Frihost are inaccessible ?
again I can login to the ip adress http://72.232.207.138:2222
all files are still present (checked with the admin panel) and if I browse to an HTML link (through the Directadmin browser they show up great (with a very long URL). if I do the same for a php page the a get the following error:
Quote:
mark('afterLoad') : null; // Instantiate the application. $app = JFactory::getApplication('site'); // Initialise the application. $app->initialise(); // Mark afterIntialise in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterInitialise') : null; // Route the application. $app->route(); // Mark afterRoute in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRoute') : null; // Dispatch the application. $app->dispatch(); // Mark afterDispatch in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterDispatch') : null; // Render the application. $app->render(); // Mark afterRender in the profiler. JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRender') : null; // Return the response. echo $app;

It seems like the PHP inetrpreter is down.
Finally I can not access my stuff through FTP neither.

Hopefully it gets fixed fast !!!!

Sorry, there has been a server transfer (new server) and it seems like I didn't restore your account on the new server. I'm restoring it now, so it should start working in a few minutes. My apologies for the problems.

Please check http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-125551.html for more information.
PGe-tips
Again fast and furious ... great job Bondings!
let's enjoy the new hardware, ... and make a back-up once more