FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Who is your favourite third party games developer?





Nameless
Mine is easily Atlus; I've played quite a few of the RPGs they've published, and almost all of them have been fun*. Some of the games were a little niche (that's not a bad thing) but all still had a lot of quality put into them. Plus they made the Trauma Center series, which is always a plus.

* Legacy of Ys was stupid boring, but I'll forgive that because Atlus only ported it.
weableandbob
Definitely Valve, I love all their game, and they actually care about PC =D
cybersa
I like ACTIVISION's Games very much.
catscratches
Tale of Tales
silverdown
I like Lionsgate i think that one the one who created Black and white and black and white 2
QrafTee
Blizzard even though they take forever to release anything, but that's because they have standards.

Riot Games because they're a relatively new company that is achieving over everyone's expectation.

Nintendo because they stay relatively true to what they sought out to produce since the beginning of their video game venture.

Square Enix because of all they produced in the past... their recent stuff... meh.

Bioware because they really brought an openness to wRPGs with a great storyline to back it up... although their recent stuff has been kinda garbage too.
drunkenkoz
QrafTee wrote:
Blizzard even though they take forever to release anything, but that's because they have standards.

Riot Games because they're a relatively new company that is achieving over everyone's expectation.

Nintendo because they stay relatively true to what they sought out to produce since the beginning of their video game venture.

Square Enix because of all they produced in the past... their recent stuff... meh.

Bioware because they really brought an openness to wRPGs with a great storyline to back it up... although their recent stuff has been kinda garbage too.

I agree with you 100% on Blizzard and Riot Games. Blizzard has brought us many great games over the years such as Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. Riot Games brought us Dota for Warcraft 3 and League of Legends.
LostOverThere
As cliché as it sounds, I think Valve are absolutely fantastic. All their work is up to an incredibly high standard and they come across as genuinely nice guys.

I just wish they'd hurry up with Half-Life 3. Wink
Dementei
LostOverThere wrote:
As cliché as it sounds, I think Valve are absolutely fantastic. All their work is up to an incredibly high standard and they come across as genuinely nice guys.

I just wish they'd hurry up with Half-Life 3. Wink


I especially agree, and I totally wish they could inform us with some progress with HL3 or Episode 3.
Probably making big improvements on the Source engine or something.. they may surprise us.
QrafTee
LostOverThere wrote:
As cliché as it sounds, I think Valve are absolutely fantastic. All their work is up to an incredibly high standard and they come across as genuinely nice guys.

I just wish they'd hurry up with Half-Life 3. Wink
I used to think that until they pulled that Left 4 Dead 2 low-blow garbage. Portal 2 was a solid game, but remember that Portal 1 was part of an entire Orange Box package... and they're trying to smash on the upcoming companies Riot Games and S2 with their upcoming MOBA game, and then try to steal the DOTA name... I don't know anymore
yoske25
Rockstar games
QrafTee
yoske25 wrote:
Rockstar games
Rockstar is alright, Grand Theft Auto IV wasn't that good and neither were the DLC packs for it. I haven't gotten to try L.A. Noire yet, but I hope it's good.
william
For the record, if you asked first party I would say Nintendo straight away.

But for third parties I'm going to have to go with the obvious and say Valve. Half Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and so much more have defined the unmatched PC gaming experience.

Additionally, Retro Studios has done a pretty good job as well, releasing some of my all time favorite games (and their work on Donkey Kong Country Returns was brilliant). And going back to the 1990s, you could say Rare was the equivalent.
drunkenkoz
william wrote:
For the record, if you asked first party I would say Nintendo straight away.

But for third parties I'm going to have to go with the obvious and say Valve. Half Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and so much more have defined the unmatched PC gaming experience.

Additionally, Retro Studios has done a pretty good job as well, releasing some of my all time favorite games (and their work on Donkey Kong Country Returns was brilliant). And going back to the 1990s, you could say Rare was the equivalent.

You forgot to add Counter-Strike to that list. Counter-Strike has been an amazing first person shooter for well over 10 years now.
Kaitaye
Definitely Blizzard, Bioware and Rockstar games - for their legendary products. And native CD Projekt for the incredible Witcher Laughing
Adiiforu
Mine is Easy , EA.

They make beautiful games.
I was dumbstuck when i saw the trailor of 'Mirrors Edge'.
How beautiful can they go from here?

Just released trailors of RUN, and Alice in Wonderland.
Josso
Mojang (everyone has high hopes for this in the future I think), chris saywer's games, valve, blizzard

argh too many
Munin
Ubisoft, because I like the way they face a project and how they develop the story of a series.
dan751
Used to be Polyphony Digital, makers of Gran Turismo. They've been a big disappointment lately. Used to be Bungie, LOVED the Halo trilogy. Currently, my win goes to "ThatGameCompany" makers of Flower, it's quite a relaxing game, a big break from all the adrenaline and shooting. The trailer doesn't do it justice, it must be tried to properly appreciate the game. Smile
LostOverThere
ThatGameCompany are really cool too! Flower is a wonderful experience to play.
kiralight
valve.. its make many cool fps game.. gravity, its make ragnarok online my best game 4eva Very Happy
squareenix, its make a kingdom heart Very Happy
dzrealkiller
100% with Blizzard World of Warcraft is such a big hit players just keep coming to join in, i say they need to change a few models in game tho like round things have square eadges they need to change that now that computers now are so much more powerful they need to round a few things off and im not running the game down personaly i love the game i would just love to see some improvment to textures an that, But never the less its one hell of a fun and competitive game.
mirushi
EA and Ubisoft!
Peterssidan
Bullfrog, before they was defunct Crying or Very sad
Josso
Peterssidan wrote:
Bullfrog, before they was defunct Crying or Very sad


Really? Thats a shame didn't they make Populus the beginning
Peterssidan
Josso wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
Bullfrog, before they was defunct Crying or Very sad


Really? Thats a shame didn't they make Populus the beginning

Yes that's right. They also did Theme Park, Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper.
Hello_World
Adiiforu:
Quote:
Mine is Easy , EA.

They make beautiful games.
I was dumbstuck when i saw the trailor of 'Mirrors Edge'.
How beautiful can they go from here?


I agree. And I am surprised how few people talk about Mirrors Edge, amongst the most beautiful games ever made and fun to play...

It alone was the reason I bought a PS3 - I saw Mirrors Edge on at a store and was completely entranced.

I really also like Bethesda.
Cmdoo
I'ts always been Valve/steam, counter-strike!
memet21
i like easports games Very Happy i love football
Related topics
PlayStation 3
Recent free LAN party games?
SSB:B (super smash bros: Brawl, the one for Wii)
Third party VPN software?
[Official]Wii
Good Games for the Nintendo DS
who have emulators.
Steam games
Wii vs PS3
Recommed Wii Games
Why people hate Mac-OS (users)?
The DS is not for games anymore... :(
HP opens TouchSmart PC to third-party development
Third Party
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.