FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obama's birth certificate

Navigator
Check this one up, not to make the GOP happy but to know the truth about this issue:

deanhills
Wow! Interesting post Navigator. Particularly as far as the different layers are concerned. I'm not an expert at layers, but when I imported the PDF file as layers with my GIMP software program, it came up with two layers, but to my eye they look exactly the same.

I have to wonder though. Don't you think he would have been put through thorough screening by the opposition, the media, the military and the CIA before he got appointed to President? I can't believe that in a society where all public figures are subjected to the nth degree of scrutiny that the media would have missed this one.

Would be interesting to see what the ramifications would be if the certificate were genuinely forged. Possibly at this late stage of the game it would be in the interest of all the parties who were supposed to have checked it out for no one to know? Twisted Evil
liljp617
I really wish people would stop spreading this video. It's literally one of the most ignorant videos I've ever seen and whoever made it should be embarrassed.

Optical character recognition...look it up.
Navigator
liljp617 wrote:
I really wish people would stop spreading this video. It's literally one of the most ignorant videos I've ever seen and whoever made it should be embarrassed.

Now that's interesting, will look it up, thanks. Just a question though, does OCR also distinguishes handwritten cursive writing?

Well, according to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Recognition of Latin-script, typewritten text is still not 100% accurate even where clear imaging is available. One study based on recognition of 19th and early 20th century newspaper pages concluded that character-by-character OCR accuracy for commercial OCR software varied from 71% to 98%;[2] total accuracy can only be achieved by human review. Other areas—including recognition of hand printing, cursive handwriting, and printed text in other scripts (especially those East Asian language characters which have many strokes for a single character)—are still the subject of active research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition
Navigator
deanhills wrote:
Wow! Interesting post Navigator. Particularly as far as the different layers are concerned. I'm not an expert at layers, but when I imported the PDF file as layers with my GIMP software program, it came up with two layers, but to my eye they look exactly the same.

I have to wonder though. Don't you think he would have been put through thorough screening by the opposition, the media, the military and the CIA before he got appointed to President? I can't believe that in a society where all public figures are subjected to the nth degree of scrutiny that the media would have missed this one.

Would be interesting to see what the ramifications would be if the certificate were genuinely forged. Possibly at this late stage of the game it would be in the interest of all the parties who were supposed to have checked it out for no one to know? Twisted Evil

The ramifications are tremendous if you ask me. It would only polarize the entire nation.
Bikerman
LOL...the nation seems pretty polarised already to me.
This is rather a stupid video, make by a stupid person, who obviously thinks everyone is a stupid as he.
handfleisch
liljp617
Navigator wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

Now that's interesting, will look it up, thanks. Just a question though, does OCR also distinguishes handwritten cursive writing?

Well, according to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Recognition of Latin-script, typewritten text is still not 100% accurate even where clear imaging is available. One study based on recognition of 19th and early 20th century newspaper pages concluded that character-by-character OCR accuracy for commercial OCR software varied from 71% to 98%;[2] total accuracy can only be achieved by human review. Other areas—including recognition of hand printing, cursive handwriting, and printed text in other scripts (especially those East Asian language characters which have many strokes for a single character)—are still the subject of active research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition

I don't particularly know and that excerpt is from a 2009 article. I don't particularly care all that much. He's released both forms of accepted birth certificate to the public. There's literally nothing else he can do to combat stupidity on the issue. There's absolutely nothing that will convince these morons. And yes, they are morons.
emanuel2
handfleisch wrote:

funny Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
emanuel2 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

funny :D

Not really. It's a rather stupid picture. Things like that really piss me off. The one bad thing about Osama dying is that now Obama's ratings will skyrocket - not really mattering rather or not he was actually the one responsible for killing him. Osama could have choked on his own (removed the word because it might be offensive) and died from suffocation and Obama would have been a hero whose ratings skyrocketed.

From what I see, Obama didn't do much. I don't think it was his leadership that had him killed. Highly trained and skilled military personal killed him and they should be the ones to receive credit. Although now Obama is almost guaranteed reelection.

I am not a violent person but Osama was a terrible person who we are probably better off without and I wish that I had been the one to pull the trigger. Whoever pulled the trigger will probably never have trouble picking up women (or me depending on their preference) again.
handfleisch
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
emanuel2 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

Not really. It's a rather stupid picture. Things like that really piss me off. The one bad thing about Osama dying is that now Obama's ratings will skyrocket - not really mattering rather or not he was actually the one responsible for killing him. Osama could have choked on his own (removed the word because it might be offensive) and died from suffocation and Obama would have been a hero whose ratings skyrocketed.

From what I see, Obama didn't do much. I don't think it was his leadership that had him killed. Highly trained and skilled military personal killed him and they should be the ones to receive credit. Although now Obama is almost guaranteed reelection

Dude, lighten up. It's more of a joke about the birthers than anything else.

But of course there certainly were many executive decisions over the last couple years that the Commander in Chief had to make to get to this conclusion, and that's one thing Obama's getting credit for. For example, they could have just bombed the compound without being sure Bin Laden was in there, which would have been a safer but less certain plan.

Also there was the fact that the country lessened the focus on going after Bin Laden when it invaded Iraq, and Obama overtly made Bin Laden the highest priority again when he came into office. So credit where credit is due.
Nameless
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
emanuel2 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

funny Very Happy

Not really. It's a rather stupid picture.

That's more or less why I LOLed.
Afaceinthematrix
handfleisch wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
emanuel2 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

From what I see, Obama didn't do much. I don't think it was his leadership that had him killed. Highly trained and skilled military personal killed him and they should be the ones to receive credit. Although now Obama is almost guaranteed reelection

Dude, lighten up. It's more of a joke about the birthers than anything else.

But of course there certainly were many executive decisions over the last couple years that the Commander in Chief had to make to get to this conclusion, and that's one thing Obama's getting credit for. For example, they could have just bombed the compound without being sure Bin Laden was in there, which would have been a safer but less certain plan.

Also there was the fact that the country lessened the focus on going after Bin Laden when it invaded Iraq, and Obama overtly made Bin Laden the highest priority again when he came into office. So credit where credit is due.

Of course. He did make some good decisions. But I am just dreading these potential campaign races where he will take full credit (probably more so than the dude/chick who pulled the trigger) for this for the sake of winning an election. Politics are so very dirty.

Quote:
That's more or less why I LOLed.

Yeah photoshop can be funny.

BTW: I never did mention my opinion on this video. Is it even necessary? I pretty much agree with the general consensus here and think it has about as much merit as the government conspiracy that turned our twenty dollar bill into the world trade center being hit.
truespeed
Obama trumps Trump.

deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Obama trumps Trump.
I'd have preferred him to ignore Trump, so can't help but thinking there has to be an understanding between the two that goes deeper than trying to prove a point. I can't help but wonder whether Trump either directly or indirectly has and/or will be making a contribution to Obama's campaign and this is part of a PR campaign.
ProwerBot
Okay... he's the president of the united states. Nah I guess they didn't run any tests or do any sort of background checks at all before he was admitted to office...

Come on people, think a little bit harder.
deanhills
ProwerBot wrote:
Okay... he's the president of the united states. Nah I guess they didn't run any tests or do any sort of background checks at all before he was admitted to office...

Hmmmm ..... OK ..... Think

Is Hawaii really part of the United States? Twisted Evil
liljp617
ProwerBot wrote:

To my knowledge, there is no independent formal verification process that determines if candidates possess the Constitutionally mandated requirements to hold office (not from the Electoral College, FEC, or SCOTUS). The only entity that certifies candidates is the nominating committee, which takes place within the party. It seems that would be a broader issue that somebody might want to take care of prior to 2012.

Not that it really matters in this case. All that matters is that his mother was a US citizen...and not even the genius Trump disagrees with that.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Not that it really matters in this case. All that matters is that his mother was a US citizen...and not even the genius Trump disagrees with that.
Right, but presuming (and I don't believe this is the case, let's just presume) his birth certificate was falsified, then surely that would have been a criminal act on his part that would have disqualified him from standing for Congress, Senate or the Presidency?
Navigator
liljp617 wrote:

I was curious and started to play with a couple of OCR programs, I tested scanned text coming from a printed source as well as a scanned text coming from my own handwriting, the software actually work pretty good with the printed stuff, but not so well with the handwritten stuff, not even close.

I was wondering why would OCR had to "repaint" the handwritten parts? thats actually modifying the source which I find odd.
liljp617
Navigator wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

I was curious and started to play with a couple of OCR programs, I tested scanned text coming from a printed source as well as a scanned text coming from my own handwriting, the software actually work pretty good with the printed stuff, but not so well with the handwritten stuff, not even close.

I was wondering why would OCR had to "repaint" the handwritten parts? thats actually modifying the source which I find odd.

I don't know what you mean by repaint.
silverdown
wow... not quite sure how to comment.
MJsusan
wow, Obama is so cool in this picture. lol
sketteksalfa
A classic republican throwing stupid allegations. I still believe, the world is better with the Democrats on the seats.
jmi256
sketteksalfa wrote:
A classic republican throwing stupid allegations. I still believe, the world is better with the Democrats on the seats.

Democrats started the allegations. During the primaries, it was the Clinton camp that started spreading the allegations that Obama wasn't born in the US and was a Muslim to discourage primary votes going to Obama.
deanhills
jmi256 wrote:
sketteksalfa wrote:

Democrats started the allegations. During the primaries, it was the Clinton camp that started spreading the allegations that Obama wasn't born in the US and was a Muslim to discourage primary votes going to Obama.
Right on! Also, this mud slinging happens on both sides all of the time. Game of politics - particularly bipartisan politics.
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
sketteksalfa wrote:

LOL, you're blaming even this on Democrats? You're comparing some anonymous emails to the crazed "Birtherism" engaged in over a long period of time by all sorts of Republicans and righties, including FOX news, Republican presidential candidates, Rush Limbaugh... This was an epic failure of the conservatives, one of many in the last few years.
silverdown
Interesting.. now I wonder if he is even human... ok im kidden but seriously that is scary! Shocked
jmi256
handfleisch wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
sketteksalfa wrote:

LOL, you're blaming even this on Democrats?

Are you denying that it was the Democrats who were Hillary supporters who started “Birtherism”?
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
sketteksalfa wrote:

LOL, you're blaming even this on Democrats?

Are you denying that it was the Democrats who were Hillary supporters who started “Birtherism”?
Are you denying it was the Republicans and the conservative movement who promoted, encouraged, continued, obsessed on and embarrassed themselves for months and months with "Birtherism"?
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
jmi256 wrote:

Are you denying it was the Republicans and the conservative movement who promoted, encouraged, continued, obsessed on and embarrassed themselves for months and months with "Birtherism"?

I'm pretty sure that you both agree that the democrats started it, and then the republicans took it and ran with it...

And yet, you still manage to argue about it.
gandalfthegrey
Blatant racism by 'tea-partiers' - Would anyone dare ask a white president for their birth certificate?

Maybe if these Republican voters would have asked for George W. Bush's birth certificate, maybe they would have realized he is a spoiled blueblood and party boy from New England, and not your average patriotic Texan tough-guy.
deanhills
gandalfthegrey wrote:
Blatant racism by 'tea-partiers' - Would anyone dare ask a white president for their birth certificate?
The first guys who asked for his birth certificate were in his own party during the presidential primaries. As far as I know the tea party guys had not been around at that time to the extent they've been in 2009-2010.