FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just a couple of questions

Vindictive
Ok now to apply for web hosting here you need 10 points in the forums correct? If so what do we need to do after we have applyed and been accepted? Do we still need forum points in order to keep our web space? Just wondering since most people I know only use the forums when needed (support wise) because most have forums on there own website.

Second question, are the servers up most of the time, and how is the loading times for most of the site here? The reason I ask is because I spent weeks getting domain names and working on a website just to find out the servers where always down and when they were up and running they were super slow.

I've heard alot of good thing's about FriHost so I'm sure the servers are ok, but if we must keep posting on a regular basis in the forums that might be a problem since life seems to get in the way what with work, 2 kids, wife, cat, dog, World of Warcraft oh and of coarse a website to run Smile
S3nd K3ys
Vindictive wrote:
Ok now to apply for web hosting here you need 10 points in the forums correct? If so what do we need to do after we have applyed and been accepted? Do we still need forum points in order to keep our web space? Just wondering since most people I know only use the forums when needed (support wise) because most have forums on there own website.

You need 5 quality posts, not 10 points. Then post once a day. (Quality posts) Or post 7 good posts a week etc, you get 15 points in the negative before your site is shut down, and they warn you.

Quote:
Second question, are the servers up most of the time, and how is the loading times for most of the site here? The reason I ask is because I spent weeks getting domain names and working on a website just to find out the servers where always down and when they were up and running they were super slow.

This server is very fast and reliable.

Quote:
I've heard alot of good thing's about FriHost so I'm sure the servers are ok, but if we must keep posting on a regular basis in the forums that might be a problem since life seems to get in the way what with work, 2 kids, wife, cat, dog, World of Warcraft oh and of coarse a website to run Smile

1 good post a day is not that hard. Well worth the cost of admission.
Vindictive
Thats good to here about the servers and yes I suppose 1 post a day isn't so bad but it will be hard for me to do on the weeks I work out of town Sad anyways thanks for your help S3nd K3ys!
S3nd K3ys
Vindictive wrote:
Thats good to here about the servers and yes I suppose 1 post a day isn't so bad but it will be hard for me to do on the weeks I work out of town Sad anyways thanks for your help S3nd K3ys!

You're welcome. Remember, you don't have to post every day, so long as you keep your points up. I might go a few days without posting, then post a bunch in one day to bring my points back up. (I actually spend more time posting here than I spend working on my web space Wink it's just kind of fun here)