FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Doctor Series 6

medesignz
So has anyone on FriHost been watching the new Doctor Who?

Todays episode was Part 2 of the season opening, which was based around the Apollo 11 mission, and the aliens known as The Silence.

BUT what stumped me was something what I saw which was a young girl appearing to Regenerate.

Does that mean the doctor is a little girl?
Nameless
medesignz wrote:
BUT what stumped me was something what I saw which was a young girl appearing to Regenerate.

My thoughts pretty much immediately went to episode 'The Doctor's Daughter' from an older season, but since this Doctor Who the actual explanation will almost certainly turn out much more arbitrary and illogical (but still very awesome).

I kind of preferred it when the season-long arcs were, you know, subtle. Or at least not blatant dangling plots that the writers take time out of the adventure-of-the-week to remind us off before continuing to ignore them.
medesignz
priya12 wrote:
Modern Family is my favorite tv show. I watch Modern Family online daily. It is a interesting show show. I like this show so much.

You and SamNeil12 have the same taste in sentences...
medesignz
Have you heard that there is going to be two seasons this year... well its a split season... first time in bloody years... and kinda frustrating... what are your views on shows that do this?
TheBigBlueBox
What did everyone thing of the River Song reveal? Did they like it or think it was anti-climatic?

I, for one, guessed that we going to be who she was (I won't see if you haven't seen the episode yet) but I thought the execution was absolutely beautiful and the writing was incredible. Doctor Who Series 6 has gone the way of Doctor Who Series 1 in my eyes, it's got the cult edge back and it feels so epic!

Can't wait for the next episode !!!!
medesignz
TheBigBlueBox wrote:
What did everyone thing of the River Song reveal?...

I thought the execution was absolutely beautiful...

Not to be understood as an actual execution people Very Happy
Nameless
River Song's reveal was okay, but nowhere near dramatic enough to justify the build-up ... although, presumably this will later be tied in with the plot at the start of the series for some actual consequences. I wasn't so fond of the episode itself; it was too showy without providing any setup or rising tension from start to end of the episode, and so felt equally flat throughout.

That said, I can't wait to kill Hitler! Laughing
medesignz
Nameless wrote:
River Song's reveal was okay, but nowhere near dramatic enough to justify the build-up ... although, presumably this will later be tied in with the plot at the start of the series for some actual consequences. I wasn't so fond of the episode itself; it was too showy without providing any setup or rising tension from start to end of the episode, and so felt equally flat throughout.

That said, I can't wait to kill Hitler! Laughing

I have a feeling though, that no matter what the reveal would have been, some people would not have thought it worthy enough of the build up
Radar
The reveal was interesting. I'm not sure whether or not it's satisfying.
medesignz
Well everyone assumed she was the doctors wife from HIS future... they had to put an extra dangley bit on it
Tesa323
I haven't heard alot yet where do youget this info on 2 seasons?
medesignz
Its not season two... where did you get that idea?
Tuvitor
Series 6 is on Netflix now... and Series 7's in production. That said, I think as campy and wild as series 6 was, I still think Steven Moffat is a better showrunner than RTD, but I think his shows overall were better before he was a showrunner.

I hear Marc Sheppard is back in Series 7. I'm hearing that he'll be a full-time companion, but that might just be a rumor. This next series is stretched over fall 2012 and 2013 and will end with the 50th anniversary...

That said, I have an interesting theory on the Silence and the fields of Trenzalore, and exactly what the uttering of the Doctor's true name will entail...
medesignz
Tuvitor wrote:
Series 6 is on Netflix now... and Series 7's in production. That said, I think as campy and wild as series 6 was, I still think Steven Moffat is a better showrunner than RTD, but I think his shows overall were better before he was a showrunner.

I hear Marc Sheppard is back in Series 7. I'm hearing that he'll be a full-time companion, but that might just be a rumor. This next series is stretched over fall 2012 and 2013 and will end with the 50th anniversary...

That said, I have an interesting theory on the Silence and the fields of Trenzalore, and exactly what the uttering of the Doctor's true name will entail...

When will the new series be on TV?