FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

'connection reset' for accessing via domain, but [solved]

ocalhoun
So, I've got the domain equinedream.org mapped to my Frihost hosting, and it has worked wonderfully for years...

For the last two days though, any attempt to access anything under that domain name (including subdomains of it) has been met with a response of 'connection reset'.
(I haven't changed any configurations for the hosting here in years, so it's not a setting change I messed up. It is possible that my domain finally expired, and I will probably be renewing it through godaddy now anyway, but if the problem was an expiring domain, I would expect 'not found', 'server unavailable', or 'this domain has been parked by _____ company' rather than 'connection reset')

The Frihost given domain of onet.frih.net still works fine, and everything is accessible via FTP just fine, however.

I'm wondering if this may be some side-effect of the recent server downtime? Something wrong with the name servers, or perhaps some configuration change?
kirii
Quote:
Notice: This domain name expired on 04/28/11 and is pending renewal or deletion

When your domain expired,it will be temporarily parked at another place,just renew,i think your problem will be solved
ocalhoun
kirii wrote:
Quote:
Notice: This domain name expired on 04/28/11 and is pending renewal or deletion

When your domain expired,it will be temporarily parked at another place,just renew,i think your problem will be solved

This is the message you got?
*checks again*
I still only get 'connection reset'. Confused

If the message you quoted is accurate, that is much more helpful. Looks like I do need to renew my domain.
Bondings
It says so when I access the domain too. Try to renew it as fast as possible.
ocalhoun
Ah, well that settles it.
*off to renew the domain*

Thanks.