FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and misc drawings

karysky
Hello, here are a couple of drawings available on my website.
Yoda:

Hermione Granger:

Remus Lupin:

Fox Mulder:

An animated smiley:

Sully, Godsmack singer:

That's it for now. What do you think?
ali_napso
nice work
prithvi
Nice work there, especially your pencil drawings. Cool

So that's another addition to the list of artists on Frihost.
karysky
The drawings look better on paper... the scanner screw them up, unfortunately Sad
noliver
karysky wrote:
The drawings look better on paper... the scanner screw them up, unfortunately Sad

Yep, scanners do that. They seem to mess up the tonal range completly. Anyway, nice art !

Cheers,
Nick.
rockroyalty
ooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!thats so pretty!!!!haha...i can't draw!!!!!when i try 2 draw a dog..it'll look like a fly...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!pretty pretty pretty!
amazing!
albusa
good work, still practincing, I have seen that you have a good concept of drawing but you most use diferents pencil graduations; example for detailed thinks use hard pencils(2H,3H) for dark finish use (2B,3B,5B) if you want to give you some more tips feel free to pm me, i will glad to help you.
karysky
Thank you very much!

Yes I am still practicing and I need practice, as I've never taken any drawing courses.

Thanks for the tips, I will use them. I only use cheap pencils and cheap paper... I will try to buy better ones.

But on paper the pencil stroked are more gradual, and I did use two pencils (HB and 2B) but it did not look nice once scanned.
tidruG
karysky wrote:

Sully, Godsmack singer:

That's it for now. What do you think?

That one is absoultely breath-taking. Maybe I liked it best because I really like Godsmack? Wink
No, but seriously, you have some talent. Keep nurturing that atlent. Keep practising. In a couple of your pencil sketches I noticed the faces were slightly "bent", maybe you should work on that?
kazoe
lupin's face looks kinda flat, the construction of the head is not straight, so to say. can't put it well. try making a criss-cross from his eyes then his nose, you'll see, its not balanced, making it flat in effect.
coyoteblk
Never been a fan of Harry Potter, but your drawings are nice.
naruto
Isee yo like harry potter alot . ey ? Well about the drawing its very good on the pencil but wont you colour them ? It would be alot better that way . Please colour them and post them . By the way what scanner do you use ?? Question . Ill give you 7/10 for that but you better colour it .
kain
Very good. I love Harry Potter and Star Wars. Yoda is so cool!
kosherjellyfish
Hermoine looks like a man!

Well... I can't draw potraits for nuts. I never took art in school after I was 14, and I know nuts about shading... how I wished they offered Art of O'Levels.
Eiffel
Nice pencil work~

You seem to me to be avoiding high-contrast shading, though. If you try to utilize more black and darker shades in contrast to the white, you can create much more dynamic lighting, as well as a stronger composition. ^^

It also looks like you might've avoided using guidelines on the Lupin pic. This can end up making the facial features slightly askew.

Keep up the good work, and post some more ^______^