FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which video game consoles do you have?

chartcentral
What video game console(s) do you guys have?

Include those which you owned from a long time ago as well.
And you may also mention handheld game consoles.
If you've got several, please also indicate what's your favorite among the ones you own. Smile
welshsteve
OK, I'll start at the beginning.

My first console was the Atari 2600 - remember games such as PacMan, Space Invaders, BattleTanks, Breakout (with the paddles), Galaxian, Pheonix.

Then I had the Commodore 64. Still love this computer today, although I don't own the original any more, I use the Vice64 emulator to play games such as International Soccer, Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, Summer Games I & II, Winter Games, Microprose Soccer, Football Manager, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders Very Happy... the list goes on... games can be downloaded from Gamebase 64

After that I had the Amiga 500, which even to today has the best soccer game ever in Sensible Soccer.

I then had a Sega Master System, then a SNES, then a Sega MegaDrive, then PlaystationOne. I now own a PC and don't really game any more, although I'm partial to a game of golf on my son's Nintendo Wii. My son did have a Gamecube and a Playstation2, but now has an Xbox360.
Ankhanu
Currently hooked up/used consoles are:
.: PS3
.: PS2
.: Wii
.: Nintendo DS

I've had a couple others through the years, but not as many as a lot of people Razz
.: NES
.: SNES
.: Game Cube
.: C64 (it was primarily for games Wink )
drunkenkoz
These are the current consoles I own:
  • xbox and xbox 360
  • ps1,ps2 and ps3
  • Nintendo 64
  • Super Nintendo
  • Nintendo DS(Lite)
  • Sega
  • Dreamcast
  • Gamecube
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Gameboy Handheld

I have a couple of older systems stored away too, but never really use them.
rayxzero
I own the following consoles:

1. PS2
2. PS3
3. Nintendo Wii

Mostly I use is the PS3 System.
gh0stface
The consoles that I have owned are the original NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast (one of the best consoles ever! Way ahead of it's time at the time!), and the latest and greatest, PS3.

Too bad PSN is down. Stupid crackers.
Nameless
I've owned ... pretty much every Nintendo console from N64 / GBC onwards (except for 3DS), and no others. I'm far less of a Nintendo fanboy than that actually sounds though, and most of my gaming now is freeware, indie or old emulated games on a laptop. I'll probably not bother buying any more consoles unless I suddenly get rich for some fantastic reason.

My favourite console is easily the Game Boy Advance for the sheer number of excellent platformers and RPGs that I played on it. That it didn't yet have any of the almost always unnecessary gimmicky nonsense that almost every friggin' game developer decided was compulsory to throw into their games for later Nintendo consoles helps.
drunkenkoz
gh0stface wrote:
The consoles that I have owned are the original NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast (one of the best consoles ever! Way ahead of it's time at the time!), and the latest and greatest, PS3.

Too bad PSN is down. Stupid crackers.

I loved the NES as a kid, but I don't own it anymore.

Regarding the PS3 subject. Do you know if there are any updates on the hackers.
wombatrpgs
Ha, don't blame the hackers, blame the ones responsible for the poor security.
cybersa
I don't have gaming console.
But use my phone as Gaming Console.LOL
Favorite game NFS.
kitsrock
I've never really owned any game consols.

But recently, I've been given a PSP along with a few games (God of War and Patapon), and I'm not enjoying them as nearly as much as I thought I would.

Don't get me wrong. It's great fun and all, but I guess I got it after I sort of grew out of my gaming phase. I just thought I'd go crazy nuts playing it for 12 hours a day like I used to play WC3 or SC.
gh0stface
wombatrpgs wrote:

I'd say it would go both ways.

SONY for the lax security, but it's still the hackers fault for taking down the network. If there were no hackers with malicious intent, the network wouldn't have gone down.
wombatrpgs
gh0stface wrote:

SONY for the lax security, but it's still the hackers fault for taking down the network. If there were no hackers with malicious intent, the network wouldn't have gone down.

Hm, I thought the issue was that Sony took down the network after discovering that the vulnerability existed...
chartcentral
The only console I had was a Nintendo Entertainment System. And if you count the brick game for a handheld game console, I also had one. Other than that, I was satisfied with having to play on the arcade or rent per hour for some PlayStation stuff. And as of now, I still play on the arcade from time to time or with some games on my PC. Smile
Nameless
wombatrpgs wrote:

Don't blame the rapists, blame the women responsible for the flimsy clothing.

... Rolling Eyes
weableandbob
My earliest console was a Gameboy Color, shortly followed by an N64. Then I moved on to a Gamecube, DS, and Wii (Yes, I liked Nintendo a lot), until finally moving to PC a few years ago.
rogue_skydragon
Ahh, I love this topic. Here's a list of the gaming consoles I've owned in chronological order.

1. Super Nintendo
2. Sega Genesis
3. Gameboy Pocket
4. Gameboy Color
5. Nintendo GameCube
6. Gameboy Advance
7. Nintendo DS

My father owns an Atari that sits in our garage, but I don't really know if it works or not.
gh0stface
wombatrpgs wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

Hm, I thought the issue was that Sony took down the network after discovering that the vulnerability existed...

I wasn't being literal. But you are correct. SONY did take town the network after they discovered the hacking situation.
drunkenkoz
wombatrpgs wrote:

Security is never perfect. There is always going to be a hole somewhere in the code. Then the hackers exploit that hole in order to gain access.
wombatrpgs
drunkenkoz wrote:

Security is never perfect. There is always going to be a hole somewhere in the code. Then the hackers exploit that hole in order to gain access.

Maybe there's no such thing as "perfect" code, but it is very possible to make systems that are practically impossible to attack. This was obviously not one of those systems. I'd be embarrassed to have worked on the security code for this setup...
drunkenkoz
wombatrpgs wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Maybe there's no such thing as "perfect" code, but it is very possible to make systems that are practically impossible to attack. This was obviously not one of those systems. I'd be embarrassed to have worked on the security code for this setup...

The people who hacked into the Sony security system are experts. A lot of the information that was stolen off their systems are being sold all over the black market right now.
eday2010
I own the following:

Atari 2600
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Super Nintendo
    Xbox 360
    Nintendo Wii
    Nintendo DS

I used to have more, but didn't keep the ones I would never play.
metalfreek
I am not much of a video game player now but as a kid I used to play a lot. My favorite game includes

mario
Bomberman
tank
Contra etc.

The cartridge looks like this.

I am thinking of getting a Playstation or wii. What are your recommendation?
wombatrpgs
metalfreek wrote:

Whichever one has games you like more?
metalfreek
wombatrpgs wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

That is cool but what about other facilities, easy availability of games, graphics, durability etc. I want some suggestion from people who have played both PS and Wii. What are their thoughts and which one they like the most. I know that its all personal preferences but I just want to know that the experience guys have to say.
drunkenkoz
metalfreek wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

That is cool but what about other facilities, easy availability of games, graphics, durability etc. I want some suggestion from people who have played both PS and Wii. What are their thoughts and which one they like the most. I know that its all personal preferences but I just want to know that the experience guys have to say.

He should totally get an xbox 360 because it's an awesome system.
yoske25
Sony Plastation 1 Razz

and i'v e a lot of games but to my computer..
all the COD serias
GAT IV
GTA SA
and much much more..
wombatrpgs
metalfreek wrote:

If you don't like what you're playing, all that other stuff makes zero difference.
_AVG_
I have an XBOX 360 and a Nintendo DS (the former is spoiled and the latter is rarely used - only during travel, flights, etc.). I guess I play most of the stuff on the PC.

I wonder whether an iPad/iPhone/iTouch could be counted as a gaming console?
gverutes
Nintendo 8-bit and only nintendo. The most groundbreaking system ever!
drunkenkoz
_AVG_ wrote:
I have an XBOX 360 and a Nintendo DS (the former is spoiled and the latter is rarely used - only during travel, flights, etc.). I guess I play most of the stuff on the PC.

I wonder whether an iPad/iPhone/iTouch could be counted as a gaming console?

I think those would fit more into the category of being a computer.
wombatrpgs
drunkenkoz wrote:

Well, people count the PC as a gaming device nowadays, so I guess it could be considered a gaming system. Certainly not a console though.
Nameless
wombatrpgs wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Well, people count the PC as a gaming device nowadays, so I guess it could be considered a gaming system. Certainly not a console though.

The term 'console' was used to describe computers before it was used to describe video-game specific devices. If somebody buys or puts together a powerful computer explicitly for the purpose of playing modern video games, it's reasonable enough to call it a video game console.
GoldenEagle
I have:
Super Nintendo
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Gameboy Color
Gameboy

I like the Playstation consoles the best since they were always more powerful than my hand-held devices, though hand held devices are pretty good for their mobility. I haven't really touched any of the newer generation hand-helds like the PSP or the DS so I can't really say much about them. Maybe the 3D DS would be good.
wombatrpgs
Nameless wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

The term 'console' was used to describe computers before it was used to describe video-game specific devices. If somebody buys or puts together a powerful computer explicitly for the purpose of playing modern video games, it's reasonable enough to call it a video game console.

I completely forgot that could be used to describe systems in general. Yeah, I'd say any PC could be a console as long as the user uses it to run games then.
Utopia GFR
Hi there Smile

Well I actually own the 360 and I use it for LIVE purposes as well Smile

Feel free to add my gamertag (Utopia GFR) if we share common games (I've got a bunch of Arcade and FPS games like Unreal Tournament, Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein etc... )

Back in the old days, I had The Atary Lynx handheld console (I think I owned maybe 60% of the titles), the Megadrive, the PS1, The XBOX, the very first Gameboy and I played a lot of coin op arcade games Smile

My favorite videogame console was probably the first XBOX since I had a huge crush on a game called "Crimson Skies, High Road to Revenge", I think I spent between 500 and 1000 hours of my time on that game Very Happy

I liked that console because the games were just tremendous and the graphics awesome Smile

I used to be a PC gamer addict as well but I'm no more interested in upgrading (thus spending a lot of cash) my material just to have more or less decent quality on my computer Smile

I was eventually a videogame reviewer for 8 years so I'm quite knowledgeable Very Happy

chartcentral wrote:
What video game console(s) do you guys have?

Include those which you owned from a long time ago as well.
And you may also mention handheld game consoles.
If you've got several, please also indicate what's your favorite among the ones you own. Smile
drunkenkoz
Nameless wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

A console that could do other things. xD
SC__Programmer
i own a PS2,Wii,and a PSP Very Happy

and not all hackers are bad...like for the PSP,if it wouldnt of got hacked it still wouldnt be around.over 75% of ppl that buy one buys it for the stuff ppl make,not sony's stuff.like me....i have a hacked PSP.i hack games to help ppl have stuff,i make apps and games for ppl too.its just the un-responsible ones that are bad Wink

and for those that dont know Anonymous(which refuses it sometimes) hacked the PSN....and knowing them they wouldnt take anyones credit cards and bankrupt them Wink the 2 reasons why they did it was
1) Take revenge on Sony for suing GeoHot
2) Show the bigger picture
wombatrpgs
drunkenkoz wrote:

A console that could do other things. xD

Well, the PS3 plays blu-ray and everything, right? Seems like everything's getting more diverse.
ZeytinGrafik
an Xbox 1
a wii
2 nintendo ds

I got the xbox for free. A friend of mine was throwing it away after purchasing his 360. Just modded it so that i can play homebrew with it. (yeah sure!) I'm using it as a media center now. Also its full of emulator games that i still play.

I got myself a second hand DS to play super mario and my girlfriend wanted it for a few days. Instead of giving mine to her i bought another one for her. Now that we are married we have 2 DS's at home. I've been playing dragon quest ix at the moment.

Then one day i met a man selling his "korean" wii for around $50 and i purchased it. Bought a harddisk and soft-modded it. then we bought a balance board. We use it to play Big Brain Academy Smile

I used to have an intellivision when it was cool to have one. (was it 1980 or so?) I remember playing boxing and a top-down racing game.
bukaida
Firstly I had a Cassette like TV gaming console with lots of games packed in a cartridge, a gun to connect and two controllers.

Next I had a hand held brick game (with other variations).

Then my old computer with old games like castle wolfenstein, Age of Emp, Max payne etc etc.

Recently bought a PS2 for my six year old son and about ten game DVDs. The problem is that, the original game DVDs are still costly and and irreplaceable once scratched ( I do not have a Modded one).

I aso have a galaxy Tab where Android games can be played. As the Android has already established itself as a gaming platform, so these tabs may be considered as consoles (comparing with PSP).
SpaceInvader75
OK, my first console was an Atari 2600.

I played games on computer after that, for a long time. I didn't have another console until the PS1, except for the orginal Gameboy.

Then, after the PS1, didn't get another console, until I got an xbox 360.

I've played more games on computer, until the last few years, most of which I've had an xbox360.

For it's time, I'd have to say I liked the PS1 just as much as my xbox360. And my favorite games were Twisted Metal, Need For Speed, and Final Fantasy 7.

I'm considering switching back to PC, instead of buying a new console, because there are more games (and more free, or cheaper ones, probably) and I won't have to pay to access a console network.
pravojednostavno
I own xbox, ps2 and Nintendo 64 and owned Nintendo DS(Lite) and Sega.
william
I've got a Nintendo 64, a couple Nintendo GameCubes, a Nintendo DS Lite, a Nintendo Wii, a PlayStation 2, a PlayStation 3, a PlayStation 4 (which I haven't opened and am trying to get rid of), a PlayStation Vita, a PC, and a smartphone with a clip on controller and a ton of emulators. Wink I'm currently scouring garage sales, eBay, Craigslist, and thrift shops for a SNES, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. While most of those I can emulate, I really want access to their original controllers (particularly for their awesome Dpads).

As for my favorite? Well, it would be the PC but, if I were to exclude it, I'd actually say the GameCube was my favorite. I know that's unusual, but the games on it were a blast. I felt it was a time when franchises that originated from the NES and SNES days were modernized and glorified. While the PS2 probably had more good games than the GameCube, I feel the Cube had more great games. Oh, and the reason I don't own any Microsoft consoles is because they are kind of lacking in exclusives that sell the system for me (most games can be found on Sony systems or on the PC).

Of the consoles, one GameCube and the Wii are modded. The DS has a flash cart for homebrew and emulators. The PS2 will probably be modded at some point, and the PS3 can't be modded, since it's a super slim model. Oh, and the Vita can't be modded either, which is a real shame since it has the potential of being one heck of a good emulation device. I mean, you can use PSP mode for homebrew, but that also means you can't use PSN. So, that leaves the Android phone for emulators, and it handles it pretty well. I'm playing some N64 gems on it, and most run quite nicely.
sysna
i have PS3 right now and i'm just planning to get PS4 soon but i just can't find any strong reason for an update maybe i have to wait for the next month to see what happens in 2014 ,
dxverm

Atari *I don't know which one, I was a little kid
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Nintendo Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy SP
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Game Gear
    Sega Dreamcast
    Playstation
    Playstation 2 Phat and Slim
    Playstation 3 Phat and Slim
    Playstation Portable
    Playstation Vita
    Xbox
    Xbox 360 Phat and Slim
PokemonHunter
PS3 and PSP
but i can say PSP sucks
dxverm
Why would the psp suck? You can mod it and play playstation games on it? I love my psp its great for retro gaming.
Adalew
I have JXD S7800b Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ru5h666
XBox 360, XBox One and a gaming PC ... not a massive Playstation fan
spinout
i just sold my ATARI 2600....
So now just now only ps4
cowkingsscribe
Still own:
Nintendo (NES)
Super Nintendo (SNES)
Gamecube
Nintendo 3DS

If they hadn't been stolen I would still have:
Nintendo 64
PSOne

I have to say out of all the systems I've ever owned, Super Nintendo still holds a special place in my heart.