FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

west bengal election

sudipbanerjee
Is there anybody who has interest on West Bengal Election. What will happen? Again Left Front continuing their 8th Government? or Trinamool Congress and Congress alliance? Buddhadeb or Mamata?
sudipbanerjee
Nobody has any interest on West Bengal Politics? No Bengali person?
gandalfthegrey
Isn't West Bengal one of the states that is ruled by the Communist Party?
IceCreamTruck
I'm interested. Tell us what happens. Is it communist as was asked?
sudipbanerjee
13th May 2011 becomes historic for West Bengal one of the state of India. After 34 years Communist Party of India (Marxf ollower) or CPI(M) lost in Assembly Election. Trinamool Congress (TMC) and Indian National Congress (Indira) or Congress (I) alliance won in this Election.
Out of 294 seats TMC and Congress (I) alliance got 225 and Left Front (CPI-M and other Left Party's alliance) got 63 and Others got 6 seats. Seating Chief Minister Budhhadeb Bhattacharya and many other Ministers lost in the Election. TMC Supremo Mamata Banerjee will be the next CM of the State.
sudipbanerjee
Mamata Banerjee will take oath in today as the first woman chief minister of West Bengal heading a Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance government, marking a change of guard that will see the end of 34 years of uninterrupted rule by CPM-led Left Front. The oath of office and secrecy to Mamata will be administered by Governor M K Narayanan on the Raj Bhawan lawns at 1:01pm, a time chosen by the Trinamool Congress chief. Protem Speaker Veteran Congress MLA Gyan Singh Sohanpal will read the oath. Ahead of her shift from New Delhi to Kolkata, Mamata resigned as railway minister during on Thursday. Trinamool Rajyasabha MP Shri Mukul Roy will take the charges of Railway Ministry.
IceCreamTruck
Thanks for taking a moment to post this. I've never heard anything about how your government is set up, and this is good info.
Gitesh
West bengal was only state in India with Communist rule for last 34 yrs., in fact it was the only region ruled by communists in any democracy if i am not wrong.
Mamata Bannerjee toiled for almost 2 decades and opposed lefts rule., first with Indian National Congress and then single handedly under the banner "Trinamoool Congress" an offshoot of congress the major ruling party in India. Along the journey she had lots of threats and attempts on her life but she stood the ground and today she had a majority rule.
sudipbanerjee
Gitesh wrote:
West bengal was only state in India with Communist rule for last 34 yrs., in fact it was the only region ruled by communists in any democracy if i am not wrong.
Mamata Bannerjee toiled for almost 2 decades and opposed lefts rule., first with Indian National Congress and then single handedly under the banner "Trinamoool Congress" an offshoot of congress the major ruling party in India. Along the journey she had lots of threats and attempts on her life but she stood the ground and today she had a majority rule.

West Bengal is not the only region in any democracy ruled by Communists. In Kerala in last five years the ruling Party was Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPIM). In Tripura the CPIM are the ruling Party for last 12 Years (Aprx.)