FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error pages

phpzone
Frihost support creation of custom pages like 403,404,500 without use of htaccess and and is frihost provide feature of paid hosting because i want to host adscript.
Asap170
phpzone wrote:
Frihost support creation of custom pages like 403,404,500 without use of htaccess and and is frihost provide feature of paid hosting because i want to host adscript.

Yes. When you first get your site it's supplied with the error pages. Though you may of deleted them can easily be re-created. As for frihost providing paid hosting they do not. You could get a domain from goDaddy and use frihost's name servers. I am pretty sure it'll be alright, but not 100% sure on that.

Hope that helps you.
boinsterman
Is there any way we can use php in our custom error pages, or to change the file referred to as a php file? I want to split the requested url into the main url and the directory names, and it works fine in php. But if I can't use that, I might have to use Javascript.
sysna
boinsterman wrote:
Is there any way we can use php in our custom error pages, or to change the file referred to as a php file? I want to split the requested url into the main url and the directory names, and it works fine in php. But if I can't use that, I might have to use Javascript.

the topic was for 3 years ago Very Happy

i haven't seen any php error page, also an error page like 404 should always be reachable even if your php is down !

just imagine when php is busy and you get a time out error page now if it was in php too then user was not seeing any error so i think it is not possible to have error pages written in php (I may be wrong).
Peterssidan
You can set any file using .htaccess.
Code:
ErrorDocument 403 /error1.php
ErrorDocument 404 /error2.php
ErrorDocument 500 /error3.php
Not sure if you can do it without .htaccess because I haven't tried.

In what situations are PHP down? I have never seen it happen. Well of course, if the server is down, PHP is down but in that case the error page will not be shown anyway so I think using PHP error pages is not really an issue.
boinsterman
I did it in Javascript. Check out the false url http://worldthinker.frihost.org/codeexamples2/fgh/erty/404.shtml?me=not. It works fairly well, though my choice of styles reveals my terrible taste. Razz

To set the error pages in .htaccess, would I need to create a .htaccess file for the public_html directory? I did not find one in it, but did find it some of the standard directories like cgi-bin and awstats.
Peterssidan
If it doesn't exist, create it.