FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adobe CS4/5 on Linux?

jeremyhowell
Has anyone successfully installed the entire CS on linux? I am running Ubuntu 64 bit.

I have a legit copy of CS4 but even after following all WINE's instructions to the letter have had no such luck getting it to work? I mainly just want Dreamweaver and Illustrator working, the rest I can live without, but it would be nice to have Photoshop as GIMP can be a pain.

Thanks,

Jeremy
ankur209
I haven't installed it on Linux/ubuntu right now but will be installing it in few days !!
I think it should get installed without getting bugged with the OS platform as WINE makes it possible to install .exe/windows file on linux !!

Give it a try !!
Fire Boar
ankur209 wrote:
Give it a try !!

Uh... he did. The post is asking for advice given that it wasn't working with Wine.
macky
jeremyhowell wrote:
Has anyone successfully installed the entire CS on linux? I am running Ubuntu 64 bit.

I have a legit copy of CS4 but even after following all WINE's instructions to the letter have had no such luck getting it to work? I mainly just want Dreamweaver and Illustrator working, the rest I can live without, but it would be nice to have Photoshop as GIMP can be a pain.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hhhmmmmm.... It's easy but full of bugs. All need to do is to download, playonlinux. Then just follow some instruction there. If in case you have some problems, i recommend you to search for this term, i prefer google, " Wine Corkscrews ". I found on some torrent sites that they manipulate some ADOBE apps for your to run on ubuntu machines. I recommend the version is 10.04 since for 10.10 is not yet available.