FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

e-mail problems

valkyrie-heavens
whenever i try to send mail through my account im told that the outgoing serving cannot be found. im trying to correct my account settings my they seem to all be correct. can someone help me out here?
Bondings
Did you use mail.<yoursubdomain>.frihost.net for the outgoing mail server? And did you download the setup from DirectAdmin or install it manually?
valkyrie-heavens
Yeah the first one I did.... I had the server right. im not sure what the setup from DirectAdmin is though?
Bondings
Go to email accounts, then searcha for downloads next to the email account and click on download. You should be able to configure outlook (express) with that link. (doesn't work in Firefox, only IE)
valkyrie-heavens
Bondings wrote:
Go to email accounts, then searcha for downloads next to the email account and click on download. You should be able to configure outlook (express) with that link. (doesn't work in Firefox, only IE)
Is it supposed to be a registry key?
Bondings
valkyrie-heavens wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Is it supposed to be a registry key?

Yes apparantly email accounts are stored in the registry or something similar. Just open it with a text editor to see the content, if you don't trust me.
valkyrie-heavens
when it askes for the password, which one do i put in. My hosting acount password?
Bondings
valkyrie-heavens wrote:
when it askes for the password, which one do i put in. My hosting acount password?

Yes that one, unless you made a new email account with a different password.
valkyrie-heavens
it keeps rejecting my password and wont connect to the server. Im sorry about all the questions Embarassed.
Bondings
valkyrie-heavens wrote:
it keeps rejecting my password and wont connect to the server. Im sorry about all the questions Embarassed.

The problem is that it is quite hard for me to test it myself because my university rejects all outgoing smtp traffic. But I'm sure we'll find a solution for this. Wink
valkyrie-heavens
Ok... I hope so. I really want to get my e-mail working. thanx for all the help u could give me anyways. if its possible just Pm me when if u can help me out some more. Thanx a bunch.
Lord Klorel
Hello everyone,

Recently i created a new e-mail account in my directadmin. The settings of the account where inputted in my e-mail application and suddenly it refused to connect.
Then i changed the smtp server of frihost to the smtp server of my Internet provider.
It worked, but know it wouldn't work anymore can somebody help me?

I don't know what to do anymore.

I hope that someone can tell what can be the problem, i use incredimail and outlook 2003 as e-mail applications and none of them will access my account.