FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP program

xiaarra
Hey,
which program do you suggest I use to upload files to server. Give me some good programs with lots of features.
skycen
I usually use flashfxp and cuteftp to upload files!
Car Audio
SmartFTP

Arrow http://www.smartftp.com/

It's free, and easy to use Wink
albert
Well,
I use CuteFTP Cool Laughing
sy08
i use flashfxp
vizavex
smartftp is cooler

and far more easy to use
Alex
CuteFTP is very GOOD!
Maka
I use flashFXP, it suits me fine I've used a few others and always come back to it, it's just easy and simple to use with lot's of features also.

Cute I tried once that was good also.
xiaarra
thanks everyone for the reply.
I will experiment with those programs and choose one I like best.
Bondings
I use Filezilla. Yet another free choice for you!
Raziel
SmartFTP!
It is great, I can't complain.
dionet
I use WS_FTP Pro.
doomachine2000
Flashfxp to download Laughing
CuteFtp to upload Wink
xiaarra
Quote:
Flashfxp to download
CuteFtp to upload

Why so?
why not use only one?
Helios
Kasablanca for uploading and Konqueror for downloading..
Kasa is very easy to use and it´s quite simple =)
noob
only flashfxp
meangurl
WSFTP's good enough for me
Maka
xiaarra wrote:
Quote:
Flashfxp to download
CuteFtp to upload

Why so?
why not use only one?

Lol, I wondered that to. Rolling Eyes
dodhee
I use WS_FTPpro and CuteFTP
napoleonvn
T often use both of flashftp and leapftp
Zligor
CuteFTP and Total Commander - it's so all in one in that case
digifactory
i always use flashfxp,it`s very easy and fast.
James Bond-007
I use FileZilla. It is really good, IMO.
ignition
Bondings wrote:

IMO, Filezilla is the best. I have tried SmartFTP, CuteFTP, and flash, but I find FZ to be teh best.

Yay for free sourceforge programs Smile
ccone
In my eyes, SmartFTP,Flashfxp,CuteFTP are the most popular FTP programs in the world,they are all good.
thaonguyenxanh
I use WSFTP and Leap FTP
Very cool
skycen
I often use flashfxp or cuteftp, But I prefer to flashfxp, I feel it very good.
nntien
Alex wrote:
CuteFTP is very GOOD!

I think so! CuteFTP downloads files faster thn other.
tsj5j
I use FlashFXP cos its just simply great.

I usually use it in library computers where I can't install software.
I found that by installing it to the thumbdrive, it works perfectly fine.

No need to have any registry entries, etc.
Moreover, the interface is very nice.

I also recommend SmartFTP, though I don't really like its interface.
Alienz
I used FlashFXP too. It is just great.
Bline
Best FTP program would be Globalscape Home CuteFTP!!!
Cridiron
I think the best FTP program out there is CoreFTP lite. It has a great drag and drop feature and is very user friendly and easy to use.
r^ck^t^p
yes. smartftp all of the way. Laughing
Astrolopitecos
I already used Cutftp and others...but i think the best one is smartftp
its very easy to use Smile

Cool
HULKBABA
CUTE FTP!!!!!!
salvojure
I use SmartFTP too Very Happy

SmartFTP doesn't give me any problem so there wasn't a need for me to try other programs.
husanet
I prefer tht u use flash fxp.....i also use tht........... very easy to use
007nich
I use web-based http://www.unlimitedftp.ca/ . They're great!
Yac
I have SmartFTP, but i have never use it.

I´ve been using SSH Secure Shell , for about tree years to trade my files from Home - Univ, and i ´m really happy with it. But for a hosting service, i ´don´t know, but i think you can be satisfied with it.

And it´s quite nice.

You can download SSH hier:

http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche11156-winscp.html

Yac
pagaldivanna
i use smartftp.....it batter then all other FTP software......
dannyb
i use flashFXP, i think that the best.
i hate CuteFTP, and i didn't use smartftp. but i will try it Very Happy
brazdadj
ACE FTP
Using it many times , nothig else I need
drpiga
FlashGet ,many,many years and I love it Very Happy
meangurl
drpiga wrote:
FlashGet ,many,many years and I love it Very Happy

FlashGet's an FTP program? i don't think so. as far as i know, flashget's a downloading manager. downloading managers and FTP programs are entirely different

correct me if i'm wrong though Wink
Maka
Lol yes flashget is a download manager not ftp program Laughing .
drpiga
Oh if you want a really professional FTP program than use a WS_ftp PRO ,every such software doesn't give so much functionality...
Yes,FlashGet is a great download manager,but you forgot to say it is also a great FTP download manager!
meangurl
drpiga wrote:
Oh if you want a really professional FTP program than use a WS_ftp PRO ,every such software doesn't give so much functionality...
Yes,FlashGet is a great download manager,but you forgot to say it is also a great FTP download manager!

yeah, wsftp pro's the greatest, many features, very easy to use... just great.. the only thing i hate about wsftp pro is i can't remove a whol folder as long there are still some files in it.

as for flashget... yet FTP download manager is still different from a real ftp program. downloading files from FTP is just one of their features but obviously you can't upload stuffs like a normal FTP does.
billgertz
SONY
I use FlashFxp and Cute Ftp....
Cena
cuteftppro~!!
it very good~!
ashen
I like CuteFTPpro and Ipswitch. But now I just have CuteFTPpro, it's very easy to use. I'm very like it!
the666bbq
I like filezilla quite a lot, but I even like the standard ftp functionnality in internet explorer if you ask me
matir
I like Total Commander. Is very good FTP Smile It's my favourite !!
charliehk
Sometimes I just use Internet Explorer, it is the most convenient way of uploading and downloading. You just have to replace the "http://" with "ftp://", and that is it!
nikolic
Filezilla has both a client and server package. Available for Windows.

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net
mars
lftp or flashFxp.
I think lftp is the best ftp client in linux shell.
FlashFxp is easy to use.
krazeek
FlashFXP has always been loyal with me for the time I have used it. I have tried CuteFTP, but it's just not the same as FlashFXP because I have been with it so long.
Cult
I use Total Comander. IT is very popular and It is convienient!
win66
CuteFTP PRO. Although is a shareware but perfect.
kalpik
i use fileailla. its good and best of all, its free!
surdy
If you are a windows user CuteFTP is a good one.
On linux i use GFTP
Googs
Smart FTP is a very convenient FTP program.
pagaldivanna
i use smart FTP
Oscar
Since I am in a proces of building my site I might try some FTP's I did use Cute FTP but since some mods uses Filezila it might be worth trying.I will try Flash as well and let You know the difference.Last thing is my lack of experience in using two FTP one for Down one for Up..As I can see You can;t stop discovering.Cheers.
jlausbr
SmartFTP is the best...
Try it!
RaFaMp
I like FlashFXP

www.flashfxp.com

its simple and good
Sluff
i also use WS_FTP Pro and have used all the others lol i suggest WS because the interface is much cleaner than the rest and tons faster
ChunkyBustout
I use Firezilla for FTPing. It very nice and free - not a demo! It doesn't hang, configures easily, has a good feature set and I've found there is nothing comparable. I have use many, many different FTP programs and Firezilla is by far the best!
Tepelstreeltje
I used to use WS_FTP because it was a free ftp program. Now you have to pay $34.95 for it. Its a real popular ftp program though.

Now i use CuteFTP, this one is not free either but i think its on of the best.

Maybe CoffeeCup Free FTP 3.0 is a good free ftp program. This one is very popular too.
Psychopath50187
CuteFTP Pro 7.0 is what I use its a awesome program.
«TechnoPhile»
Well I Use... FileZilla... Its Free... Its Cool...
Devil
smartftp is the most userfreindly , anyone new should really try this ,
Aimewitue
i use flash FXP ,it's really great program
meangurl
i'm using flashfxp now since i accidentally deleted my ws ftp pro.... and i must say it's pretty impressive... although i still consider wsftp pro the best one yet.
Grimboy
Filezilla is, in my opinion the best for ftp. It has lots of features without the nagware you get from a lot of others.
gamo
I think Filezilla is choice of everyone because it's free, rapid, accelerated...
croationskater91
i use WS_FTP Pro
rolfie
I use Smart FTP, it's in the beginning a really strange program, but later you wil know how it works... (Perfectly working, you can change a lot!)
dule
Before i used WS_FTP and it was slow like hell, it would search for ip or something, i can't remember now, but between uploading 2 files 60 secs would pass. Sombody knows what i'm talking about?

Now i'm using filezilla. Very fast, very stable. Only problem is that my norton 2005 keeps alerting about worm hack attempts when i'm using it (?).
comsci18
i always use WS_FTP Pro
to upload my file to my hosting
i think it is the best ftp program for me
Eryx
After reading all the posts, I've come to the conclusion I may be the only person on the planet using the ftp portion of Dreamweaver.
Kelcey
Filezilla since it's free. All the other ftp programs I've used are trial versions.
svhkid
i use dreamweaver for ftp uploads
vnt87
I used a lot of different FTP clients. But always have 1 or 2 problems with them. CuteFTP crashes once in a while for no reason. FlashFXP stopped working after some time due to another unknown reason. Now I'm settled with WS FTP Pro. Haven't notice any problems (yet).
tfx
I use CuteFTP Pro
Dimaod
I am using Flas FXP and Cute FTP Pro.
I thin yhis soft is the best for ftp uploads.
kuad
Filezilla for me.
tatatititututoto
that depends on what type of person are you. If you are the type that supports OpenSource or free software then FileZilla is the one for you.
But if you like paying for stuff / cracking stuff then cuteftp 7 is the one for you. In my oppinion, cuteftp is better than FileZilla. Thats just my 2cents.
bambay
i use GFTP on linux.
diablera
I personally prefer Filezilla and Smartftp. Both programs are way cool and definitely the best Ive ever tried.

Cuteftp is OK, but not as good, for those fellas who said cuteftp was the best, please, give Smartftp and/or Filezilla a Chance to show you how they can be better Smile

Cheers! Cool
SamiTheBerber
gFTP in Linux !!!
SmartFTP in Windows !!!
If you are using Firefox, then you can download FireFTP plug-in.
Hikaru
I personally use CuteFTP 7 Pro, it does the job and the interface is quite easy to understand, easy nagivation between multiple sites, newbie-friendly design. So I'd recommend that, I've also used WS_FTP clients before, those weren't bad either.
gamo
Helios wrote:
Kasablanca for uploading and Konqueror for downloading..
Kasa is very easy to use and it´s quite simple =)

Filezila is the best choice because free charge, rapid and easy to use too.
g_unit90
CoerFTP 1.3 Lite edition

I'm using this. It is free and has no advertisement. And it is very fast.
I don't have a problem with this program for now.
simeon
cuteFTP is the best program
justinyuct
i use cuteftp ga very good i think
TimsJugling
I just use something really easy... FTP Explorer. its kinda time consuming to set up but once thats all done, BINGO! Its really simple and easy. anyone else agree with me?
limcopy
Bondings wrote:

Me too using FileZila , FreshFTP also not bad
Yahell
SmartFTP all the way.
Its the simplest FTP around and does the purpose for me.
tefa_taftaf2010
turbo ftp is the best

there is another one called leapftp

thanks
Kudlaty
I use TotalCommander... is very good...
I had also FlashFXP, AceFTP... and more... but total commander is best of all... Very Happy
Angry Oven
I use FlashFXP its a excellent ftp program
mengshi200
above ftp software have characters,i like cuteftp and flashftp.
because of their stablity and speed.
otiscom
I use Core ftp, free and very good.
davjoh
WS_FTP LE
onur
i think best is cuteftp
nntien
This is the best WS_FTP Pro product. Now I use it for my work. It very fast and convenient for me.
tiancai3
well I regard flashfxp as my favourite
kansloos
I use CoreFTP
digressive
I bought FlashFXP a long time ago, and have never regretted it. What's that you say? Yes, some people do actually register shareware Confused
otaku
I tend to use the program WS FTP more often. But I also reccomend FTP explorer.

WS FTP is easier to use, but it takes forever to load on my system.

FTP explorer isn't a big file and it's pretty simple, but it doesn't have all the features WS ftp does.
onur
cuteFTP and WS_FTP
Mandrake
I use Flashfxp, to do the job.
kimia
I use ws ftp pro.
It's very good
and has a very pretty user interface.
MeleceNi
I use this:

IniCom Networks announces the final release of FlashFXP v3.2. Version 3.2 both extends and stabilizes the v3 codebase, and all users of FlashFXP are encouraged to upgrade. Thousands of hours of testing have gone into this release, and we are positive it is the most stable, most powerful, and most user friendly FlashFXP version ever! What are you waiting for?. Download FlashFXP v3 Today!
MeleceNi
FlashFXP offers the easiest and fastest way to transfer any file using FTP, providing an exceptionally stable and robust program that you can always count on to get your job done quickly and efficiently. There are many, many features available in FlashFXP. Here are just a few of them:

Local and Site to Site File transfers.
FlashFXP allows you to transfer files from any FTP server directly to your local hard drive, or transfer files between two ftp sites (Site-to-Site transfers), giving you total control over any situation.
MeleceNi
FTP Proxy, HTTP Proxy, Socks 4 & 5 support.
FlashFXP can handle thousands of connection types. If you are behind a firewall, proxy or gateway, no need to worry, as FlashFXP can be configured to support almost any network configuration.
Full Featured User Interface with Drag & Drop Support.
FlashFXP has an intuitive and full featured user interface, allowing you to do all the common tasks with just a few clicks. It also support full drag & drop, so you can transfer files, synchronize folders, find files and schedule tasks with just one click.
Want to learn more about the FlashFXP Features?
Click here for a more complete list of features.
noliver
I use WSFTP Pro. Its never given me any problems and it only connects when there is data that has to be moved. So you never get those irratating your connection has timed out errors ( normally after no activity for a certain amount of time)

Cheers,
Nick.
mialynavahy
Filezilla and it's free, i think cute ftp isn't a freeware (but i agree it's better), sometimes, i cant connect with filezilla and i dont know why
mckenneth
i use leetch =) simple and easy to use!
Master-
Filezilla here. Free and simple. Very Happy
Varun
at the moment i am using some WS FTP but i like cute ftp a lot better than this, also iam planning to try SmartFTP many of my friends said it is very good and its free too
randomaccess
I recommend Filezilla. It's just simple and it's made by Mozilla. If you have firefox you can download fireFTP as an extension. So it's just one application not two. So it would be easier to use.
So try FileZilla or fireFTP.
Chris24
Firezilla here as well, didn't like the other ones
julianmollema
Well i use Dreamweaver.

it has many features. You can make websites on it, and there is a FTP feature so you don't need a other program to upload it.

I don't know if its exually better than other ftp programs because i think its slower than other one's but its very usefull and very handy.
cavey
I use Total Commander (shareware).
It's also great as a file manager.
It's simple, and you can configure it a lot.
Once you have tried it, you can't go back!
Hogwarts
I use smartftp or aceftp. They are really simple to use, even my sister can understand them! (Wow!)
assex
Well, I'll tell you a software that you must not ever use for FTP!
LeechFTP!!
It is absolutely horrible.
The best FTP Client I have used so far is GlobalFTP.
Though SmartFTP and CuteFTP are quite decent, GlobalFTP is the best.
AhmedSalmanJamal
I would recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver. It is product combined with all the components necessary to produce web applications!
ibay
I think Filezilla is the best. it is stable, and has auto-reconnect feature which is required by many hosts. However, on some servers, Filezilla doesn't work, whereas SmartFTP works on these servers for some unknown reasons.
webbers
have just heard a lot about it, not used that much yet, but think it might be competitive enough

Regards
Nishant kalia
Dimaod
I am Currently Using Ipswitch WS FTP 2006, and Flash Fxp.
Both are good.
4ndY
Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro - great program... everything work smooth and stable.
billybob
Smart FTP was the first one i tryed and i have never had any problems, i did try filezilla but it didnt work so rarther than trying to make it work i just swiched back....
oskuro
I use FlashFxp. I use this program many years ago, its very good in my opinion, and very easy to use Wink
Forces
I will use whatever is free so at the moment I am using SmartFTP and occasionally Dreamweaver which I bought a while ago.
n0obie4life
FileZilla here. It seems to be the only one that works with Frihost for me..besides, I'm used to it's interface already.
HL9881
I'm using CuteFTP to upload files .
But you need $$ to buy the prof. version Twisted Evil
kecha
I use
FileZilla
http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

and CuteFTP
http://www.cuteftp.com/

Because operation is simple with two tools, I like it.
Akselus
Total Commander is best for me.
Alan S
i use filezilla aswell , fast free and easy to use
asDdsA2
hey Filezilla is the best... it's so simple to use, it's free and it's open source . I like it.
ashik
I use FileZilla too. It is free and opensource. And so simple to use.
oskuro
HL9881 wrote:
I'm using CuteFTP to upload files .
But you need $$ to buy the prof. version Twisted Evil

And u paid?? Rolling Eyes

Or emule one Rolling Eyes
time_ar
I recommand FlashFxp. It's very clean and easy to use.
Blankboy
I use SmartFTP, simply because it's free and provides all of the features I need. I have used CuteFTP, however, and it's very good!
TeenZine
albert wrote:
Well,
I use CuteFTP Cool Laughing
Cute name Cute ftp Smile))
copilot
SmartFTP is the best. That is what I use. It is easy to use, but full of features.
katzen3
i use Filezilla its very good before that i've used WSftp wasn't bad but the interface... naja
guatemaleco
Filezilla! Actually I think I'm using Filezilla light now. It doesn't even need to be installed, meaning it's standalone and I can keep a copy of it on my flash drive to use anywhere. Also, since it's open source I can customize it.
ck88
I use mostly IE on my windows machines. To set FTP rights I use WSFTP pro.
exarkun
I was using SMart FTP in the past, but was quite dishearted when the trial period ended. It alway pop up the registration reminder at startup. Only then I convert to FileZilla
chris90
I use SmartFTP, it does keep popping up saying end of trial, but you can still use it then. I don't really mind pressing ok everytime, as after all it is free.
xkobram
I use total commander
faker_phil
SmartFTP... ... Professional, easy to overlook.
waihung
SmartFTP here too... easy to use interface.
i've tried firezilla before, i wouldnt say its bad, but the interface looks very cluttered...
there's plenty of options and its giving me headache...
but since its free, its not a big problem anyway.

for users who cant pay for smartftp, firezilla is the ftp program for them.
r_y_e_20
I used wsftp pro, but before scsftp.
kirocone
It's free, open sourced, easy to use, and a great funcionality!
I've had many problems with other FTP clients, but none with this one.
It's the best!!!! Laughing
Shin
I use SmartFTP. It has got most of the features you want, and more importantly it's free! Smile
Arkan
Bondings wrote:

I also recommend Filezilla!!
JamesBond
i use CoreFTP as its free and its interface is quite neat.
okullar
Cute FTP was good in past. Now I am using Filezilla. It is very good now, also free!!! Great choice for FTP, I think. I advice. Smile
xray
Cute FTP is good.i also used Flash FXP..now i am using FileZilla FTP.and FileZilla is really fast and easy ..
Raijenki
CoreFTP: http://www.coreftp.com
I started learning how to access a FTP using it, and i won't trade my CoreFTP for nothing... heh
Shin
I saw a few posts here in this thread said that SmartFTP is free, and I thought so as well until yesterdat I found that it stop working for me. before that i have always got the nag window but after pressing the OK it goes to the program. But now it wouldn't go further, it just close itself after i press the OK on the nag window.

Have i missed anything? please advise. Thanks very much
webgeek
I use Ace FTP Pro which I got from http://www.visicommedia.com. It has a Lite edition (free) that is a one or two versions downgrade of the PRO edition. It is practically crippleware but considering that it is free it can be worth the try.
novisdesign
I always use Transmit for the Mac. Its beautiful and works great. If you ever get a Mac (or already own one).
XtRm
At the begining I used CuteFTP but I wasn't rally satisfied. Than I've installed SmartFTP. It's really a good program and it is also free for home users. Just the little anoying reminder at startup but I can live with it.
tuncay
There is no program comparable to Total Commander! CuteFTP is good too, but it's just an FTP program right? Total Commander is much more, and still has a great FTP interface.

I'd recommend everyone to check it out.
ftasyo

I've was using Simple FTP Client before I changed to WS_FTP Pro which is a commercial software. The Simple FTP Client is easy to use and it is free. And the download isn't heavy, just about 1120k.
kiranaghor
On Windows its definitely Filezilla.
On mac I use Fetch. I just bought Speed Download 4 which also has a FTP client. But Fetch is good.
deejaystorage
u can use FTP feature on Total Commander. it's really good
egbert
I use FireFTP. That way, I don't have to leave firefox in order to FTP anything.

It's superior to the IE ftp because it has way more features. It's a full-fledged FTP thing like FileZilla, rather than a puny, weak ftp client like IE's that can do little in comparison.

Powerful + Handy = Best
X3 Talk
I think for basic FTP needs (Put) etc. that FileZilla does the job. I like the freeware licence and it works well. Interface needs some work (a splash of life) however the program doesn't have many problems.

However, I like the FTP power behind Frontpage when you are making websites. Dreamweaver may even be better but I don't have it.
parokya
FTPSurfer is fast for uploading files and making those CHMODs. If you simply would like to upload or download use this. It supports drag and drop.
supermuu
I've use WS_FTP Pro alltime when i upload files Very Happy
2m4a
3dftp program is good one couse u can control in the number of files tranfer together

and that number depend on ur host support so u can use all allowed number of files to transfer compared with other programs which upload file and when it uploaded going to another..
jamessweeney
I use FileZilla http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
I have been using it for years and have had no problems using it. It is reasonably fast and has good support available for it on the web.
orcaz
SmartFTP! It is my first and current FTP program. It is totally free for non-commercial usage, and itz interface is cool.
blueray
I use smartftp before but now changed to aceftp coz the smartftp can not transfer directory directly and the later provides simply scripting.
roninmedia
Another vote for filezilla. I love open source. Very Happy
shwetanshu
I use CuteFtp
andryou
-
Hanno
One more vote for Fillezilla.
SurBiff
I like terminal based program so i use NCFTP or midnight commander.

but when i fell like it i use Gftp or Gnome commander
hadiwijoyo
egbert wrote:
I use FireFTP. That way, I don't have to leave firefox in order to FTP anything.

It's superior to the IE ftp because it has way more features. It's a full-fledged FTP thing like FileZilla, rather than a puny, weak ftp client like IE's that can do little in comparison.

Powerful + Handy = Best

I use FireFTP.
dachabre
I use Total Commander - I supose that everyone has it........
Jeyon
I suggest you to use smartFTP.

www.smartftp.com It can say the best to me Very Happy
goansfr
I have tried a lot, like CuteFTP, Smartftp, and others. And my preference goes to Flashfxp. At this time, i was using FXP transfer, for duplicate my website and do mirror.
judelover
in my opinion, the smallest and simplest way is to use leapftp, though a bit not so goodlooking. but leap ftp cannot connect to two sites simultaneously whereas cuteftp and flashfxp can. therefore if you have 2 or more sites then flashfxp is good, and when you have only one, leapftp is very convenient.
heridlia
Whatever FTP program is OK. There is good and bad.

I usually WS FTP Pro. I'm satisfied until now.

Thanks.
pozzler
Hello,

I didn't see anyone mentioning those tools so far.
I would recommend looking on http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
What is great about those tools:
- they are free
- they are fast
- they dont require complex installation
- they support secure filt transfer (opposite to many FTP clients)
- they are flexible to configure

The only drawback is a slight 'geekiness' of them.

Check those out!

Wojtek
blueray
I use ws_ftp pro and aceftp.
jt32470
Filezilla here simple and free open source
samsundar
I use only SmartFTP.
hsadmin
samsundar wrote:
I use only SmartFTP.

SMARTFTP.. Really simple to use, and FREE!
pashmina
i use net2ftp ftp2go
outofnicks
FireFTP has become my favorite, except that for the fact that I can't get it to work on frihost Confused
wildkill
I suggest you to use Cuteftp Professional 8.0. It is a paid software and have a beautiful skin. It also very easy to control it. You can buy it on the web or computer shops.
Alias
I use CuteFTP and SmartFTP. These FTP programs are really efficient and easy to use.
dingdongduck08
if you happen to be using a mac, Captain FTP is a great FTP utillity, and is free if you can find the promotion code within their "iLife/iWeb" documentation.

the website for Captain FTP is http://captainftp.xdsnet.de/cftp/description.html
marrs
It has to be CUTEFTP

It is for ME

Very simple and a nice LAYOUT

Come and try me OUT

http://www.cuteftp.com/

I have been using cuteftp prgrams since V_4 they are great!

mark
Babsta
I've got SmartFtp too but it doesnt lemme connect.. The error it gives is 530 but my login is correct! it's exactly what I got in my hosting details. .I've been wondering what to do.. If anyone can help me with connecting through Smartftp I'll be really grateful.
Smile Smile
darkblack
I use CuteFTP most. It looks beautiful and control easier than other which I have tried before, like FileZilla, FFFTP etc.
vixenk
Filezilla is great (and I would even say comparable to CuteFTP), and another one I would suggest is the FireFTP extension if you're on Firefox. Smile
speedbit
I'll have to say that WsFTP-Pro is my main ftp programm, allright, it's a paid programm but therefore it is very simple to work with. Filezilla is a good free alternative, but working with multiple sites has to be done by opening multiple instances of teh programm.

So in short: WsFTP Very Happy
kiranaghor
On windows Filezilla -- so far so good.
Hey please help me to chose from these clients on Mac os X,
Fetch 2
Transmit 3.5
or yummy FTP ?
I find Transmit good. But still wondering which one to chose. There is also open source alternative called Cyberduck.
Filezilla works much much faster than any of those mac clients.
jay84h
I usually use BulletProof FTP.
jrschool
I USE LEECH-FTP : SO NICE AND EASY Smile
mawia
I think I should try filezilla. Being new I find it very difficult to use AceFtp.
illkill
I would like to use CuteFtp 8. It is because it is perfect (100%) than the other I tried, like FFFTP, FileZilla and so on. Also, I like to upload files- size bigger than 5MB with it. What is your favourite FTP software??? I like to change another. Can you give me some suggest???
KattPappa
FileZilla worked great for me! Then i found FireFTP which is an extension for Firefox which worked even better Very Happy

So, if you use firefox i think you should defentely try FireFTP!

Otherwise i'd suggest FileZilla Wink
Da Rossa
Filezilla. Plain and simple.
tony
i use gftp. runs well on linux, and is free/open-source.
frih
there are various softwares available on the internet freely and various wesites for uploading website.....

software vname----> FILEZILLA,CUTEFTP,SMARTFTP.

website name----->www.hostned.com/FTP/

to download these softwares , you can search in google.they are available freely on the internet.

regards
abhi Laughing
welshsteve
I like SmartFTP as it's nice to look at and easy to use. But as for completely free applications go, FileZilla or WS_FTP are my current choice.
charysteos
hey i just downlaod the add on for firefox : fireFtp and it's look great and handy for my internet site,

thank you for this add-on wauw Very Happy
Mordane
Car Audio wrote:
SmartFTP

Arrow http://www.smartftp.com/

It's free, and easy to use Wink

Totaly agree, its also updated often and is great for transfering large files, beats CuteFTP and LeechFTP hands down.
mjohnson
I like using Flashftp,but sometimes I must use leapftp beacause the service need it.
lerian
Quote:
Totaly agree, its also updated often and is great for transfering large files, beats CuteFTP and LeechFTP hands down.

Thanks for the info. I'm using cuteftp now and would like to try smartftp. I usually have a problem on uploading large files using cuteftp, hope smartftp can handle it better.
getgag
CuteFTP!
It is GOOD!
loosu
FileZilla is the best i can recommend you . Free yet highly efficient tool u can rely on . It has been fully coded in visual c++ and provides a fast , mean , highly efficient transfer for files to upload into ur server . also , it lets you input your own commands , onto the server .
mialynavahy
cuteFTp or FileZilla(and this one is free Smile )
Commando_Sondre
FileZilla, works like hell and there are few or no bugs in it. Or it's just that I haven't found them.
vandame
Cute ftp 8 its the better.... The interface is nice, never stuck, and its easy to use !!!
bulek
I use FlashFXP and I'm very happy with it. I never had any problems with it so I will continue to use it. Filezilla is also very good and free.
Helloall
I Suggest SMART FTP
Zruch
I use WinSCP3.
oleszka
I use CuteFTP, but before I tried upload site by Dreamweaver... brr ... no I didn't like it
Shake
Just use FileZilla. It works well with the FriHost servers.
Other FTP clients like CuteFTP are less likely to work well.

I know this from experience.
frih
i m using filezilla.it is free..
ganesh
FileZilla is cool! Everything configurable.. It is freeware GPL too! open source rules Smile
Shewolf
I use cyberduck, and it works perfect to me Very Happy
hicham_the_webmaster
In terms of features, I think FTP Expert is the best.

It's a Very good ftp client and it CAN BE CONNECTED TO ALL KIND OF SERVERS Idea .
willwright111
do people on here not rate dreamweaver for uploading
jynxanims
I suggest Smart FTP. Very simple and easy. Plus its free and it gets the job done nicely...
Infinity-al
I use CuteFTP as FTP client. Its simply the best. You can't find anything better .
adielo
doomachine2000 wrote:
Flashfxp to download Laughing
CuteFtp to upload Wink

True Smile
corey
Lately, on my Linux machine, I've been using Konqueror for FTP. Its got a really simple way to approach complex tasks. Now, if Windows had a counterpart, I'd probably not use Filezilla any more.
nasted
Bondings wrote:

Filezilla
yes... better using Filezilla... Free dan also have Filezilla portable..

download at portableapps.com
BlueVD
on win (rare ocassions) I use filezilla and cerberus ftp server (cerberus is free for personal use).
But most of the time I have my *Nix boxes...
On them I run ProFTPD with a virtual user database.
Best combo ever, includind chrooting the users...
DecayClan
I used to use aceftp free, but i have also used flash xp,cute ftp and smart ftp...

The one that i use know, and believe that it is far the best (and completely free) is filezilla

Try Filezilla, and you will see that it is incredible! Especially the new version (3) (although it is still beta).

TRY IT OUT ! Wink Cool Wink
takashiro
Cute FTP
That's the best uploading program i've ever use. You can have a try!
mehulved
FireFTP works nicely for me.
ahmbr
CuteFTP is the best and free
daney
I use WS_FTP Pro and Cute ftp.
Ther r the best i think. no problem with them since i use.

Speed, secure, trust me.
PadraigCurran
I use the built FTP in dreamweaver.
jenjenzorz
I have used just about all of the FTP programs out there (including using IE) and to be quite honest, my absolute favourite is FileZilla. Smart FTP is a close second, but I will always prefer FileZilla.
guissmo
skycen wrote:

I second CuteFTP. It's the one I use. It's so easy-to-use and easy-to-understand.
welshsteve
guissmo wrote:
skycen wrote:

I second CuteFTP. It's the one I use. It's so easy-to-use and easy-to-understand.

But not free anymore Sad

CuteFTP was the first FTP program I ever used. I now use SmartFTP
willwright111
i tend not to use a ftp program i tend to upload 3 php files onto my server these allow me to upload files on to my server by just goin to a certain URL
let me no if u want more info on this v simple
ahmbr
Cute FTP
mutspruts
Flash FXP
nhuabo
flashfxp is great ,I use it to upload and download files.
By the way ,You should make a poll instead.
ennnzo
I tried a lot of programs and are satisfied with most of them. Here's my suggestions:

CuteFTP, WS_FTP Pro, CoreFTP, FileZilla, SmartFTP, FlashFXP.

I currently use FlashFXP since it offers everything that paid FTPs offer and it's only around 3MB.
thinkingskull
i use filezilla its an absolute miracle...

it gets installed on any system on any account be it an administrators or not...

it is an opensource program available at sourceforge.net

try it out guys....
cosmicx
I am using filezilla and it works great for me...
before that, i tried WS_FTP pro, but filezilla still the best choice for me Cool
amateurlee
filezilla for me. Free
marathon13
https://filezilla-project.org/
servertest
I use Filezilla most of the time but also like WINSCP. It's family of PuTTY, and I'm a great fan of PuTTY as well.