FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A sudden spiritual sharing..

leat397
Our life message includes our life lessons - the truths that God has taught us from experiences with Him.

However, sadly, we never learn from a lot that happens to us. Of the Israelites, the Bible says:
'A warning given by an experienced person to someone willing to listen is more valuable than gold rings or jewelry made of the finest gold.' Proverbs 25:12 TEV
orno
Correct me if im wrong, but that proverb has nothing to do with israelites (israelis? or what did you mean?)

Also came across this interesting article while googling for that proverb
Accepting Constructive Criticism
Chap
ehhh im farout too reaylly dont understand what he wrote there.....
gonzo
That passage is comparing the value of material goods to the value of being willing to accept truth or wisdom.

Quote:
Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold
Is a wise reprover to a listening ear.

Quote:
Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold
is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear

There aren't any accurate translations of the Bible available online, but of those on gospelcom the above are the least poor.

/me pulls Bible from headboard

Quote:
Like a golden earring, or a necklace of fine gold,
is a wise reprover to an obedient ear.
jawker
this is a proverb of solomon which i believed he wrote for the israelites but im not really quite sure who it was written for but generally it says that if "YOU" know how to listen, understand and obey things and commands that is of God that is better than any gold..though this could be interpreted in other forms because this is basically dependent upon the the revelation and wisdom of the reader..
gonzo
jawker wrote:
this could be interpreted in other forms because this is basically dependent upon the the revelation and wisdom of the reader..

This could not be interpreted that you are a pink flying monkey with a candy addiction.

Contextually its quite clear. Cool

Wisdom of the reader is not the refered to 'wisdom'. Wisdom is the knowledge of God's will.
jawker
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
you are a pink flying monkey with a candy addiction.

well if that's how you interpret it who could argue with you? hehehe Laughing we cant all be TOO literal because there is a flaw in every language

anyways the Word of God is not here to be debated on or be argued upon.. it's here to inform us about the truth and instruct us, everything is up to us to make two choices either to say yes or no..im not also here to display my knowledege of the Bible like the pharisees and sadducees or please any man around me...im just simply living by faith and taking on the narrow road...just as it was said.. if you'd listen and obey then you'll know...
wistom
Really, obey the Bible says,
That learn form the warning given by an experienced person is more valuable than gold rings or jewelry .
Maybe i may not agree with the proverb. I think its nothing to do for the poor man.
mike4652
Quote:
Word of God is not here to be debated

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words will never pass away.
If we choose not to believe in God's word it does not change the fact that God's word is forever setteled in Heaven. When it is all said and done God will have the final word.
Just making the statement I don't believe will not change the facts. We will all face God sooner or later. Laughing
gonzo
mike4652 wrote:
Quote:
Word of God is not here to be debated

Just making the statement I don't believe will not change the facts.

here here! A toast to objective reality!