FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Song Parodies

chartcentral
What are your favorite song parodies?

To answer my own question first, there are a lot of good parodies, but some that I immediately recall are from "Weird Al" Yankovic:
  • Pretty Fly for a Rabbi (parody of The Offspring's "Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)")
  • Which Backstreet Boy Is Gay (parody of Backstreet Boys's "I Want It That Way")
  • You're Pitiful (parody of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful")
I'll probably mention more when I remember them. I might also share some of my own. Smile
emanuel2
Weird Al Yankovic is really great. Also a real great parody band is JBO. They are from germany and there style goes into metal. So if you like metal, you should check them out (however there lyrics are mostly german) on youtube for example
william
chartcentral wrote:

Which Backstreet Boy Is Gay (parody of Backstreet Boys's "I Want It That Way")

Weird Al didn't write that (seems to be misattributed to him). It was performed by the morning crew at an Oregon radio station. They were called Z100 I think. Weird Al did parody I Want It That Way, however, with the song eBay.
chartcentral
william wrote:
Weird Al didn't write that (seems to be misattributed to him). It was performed by the morning crew at an Oregon radio station. They were called Z100 I think. Weird Al did parody I Want It That Way, however, with the song eBay.

Thanks for that, william! Now I know better. How bout you, do you have any favorite parody? Smile
watersoul
This is a parody of Alicia Keys New York State of mind, but performed and written by a local girl here (and about) my town Torquay, in England.
Some of the tourist organisations here didn't like it but I think it's pretty funny...

...whilst pointing out some of the social problems associated with binge drinking on an average weekend in the area.
tomisme
This is one of my most favorite song parodies.
They mock Linkin Park not only this band's style, but also the way they writing song. lol

gverutes
I like Smells Like Nirvana. The way he makes fun of it is funny and uses some cool sounds to mimic the instruments used in the song.