FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New firefox 4...

josephastigin8
need your opinion..

what is the best browser for my Windows 7 isn't FireFox 4 or Opera?

need your suggestion???
ahnguye5
josephastigin8 wrote:
need your opinion..

need your suggestion???

You're not going to get a definite answer to that question because the "best" browser is subjective. You'll probably get a lot of Firefox 4 and Google Chrome suggestions though. IE9 or Opera aren't bad either.
ocalhoun
josephastigin8 wrote:

Well, for one thing, the fact that you use Windows 7 is pretty irrelevant, aside from a few very insignificant performance tweaks.

Besides that, the main consideration should be personal preference.
Personally, I like Firefox the best, as it is the most customizable, and I use a ton of custom add-ons and setting changes to make it exactly what I want, and do all kinds of nifty, convenient things for me... things that other browsers can't even come close to doing.
ProwerBot
Has anyone else noticed that firefox 4 is just totally a chrome wannabe? It looks justl like it... chrome is better though.
Helios
Chrome wannabe? Huh? Firefox 4 rocks and it's nothing like Chrome as far as I can feel.
I use 4.0 for like a month already and it rocks. 3.x used to crash sometimes - a stable release mind you. This 4.0 beta doesn't flicker.

Chrome and all Google software suck in my opinion simply due to their information collection policy which nobody talks about (enough). I simply prefer to stay away from Google just to be on the safe side.
Plus, technically speaking, Chrome is bad at running foreign websites compared to firefox on my PC at least. I browse websites in several languages and only English sites work fine in Chrome, while some foreign sites aren't displayed that well. Maybe it's just my setup that's to blame, but a fact is a fact.

I prefer FF 4.0, compared not just to Chrome but to Opera and IE as well.