FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

They say all the best things in life are free.example?

chasbeen
Ok I will start thi one off.
Air
That's free without it we are dead!
Beat that.
Cheeldash
Frihost Cool
cybersa
Incoming Call.
standready
chasbeen wrote:
Air

Quiet or government will soon start making you pay to it too.
Nameless
chasbeen wrote:
Air
That's free without it we are dead!

Carbon tax frowns displeasurably at you.
IceCreamTruck
Cheeldash wrote:
Frihost Cool

I was glad to see this mentioned second! Smile

PS. Sound and Noise are free it's peace and quiet that will cost you!
saratdear
I'll go all artsy here and say - love.

You'll have to pay for one kind of love, though...Razz
emanuel2
our minds, thoughts and dreams are free...
deanhills
emanuel2 wrote:
our minds, thoughts and dreams are free...
Now you're on a good track emanuel, I can finally relate. Imagination is free, it can also provide plenty of money making opportunities.
ProwerBot
Frihost, free electronics from old ladies, free food, can't think of a whole lot else though.
IceCreamTruck
ProwerBot wrote:
Frihost, free electronics from old ladies, free food, can't think of a whole lot else though.

This is totally random. Free electronics from old ladies? I must have not got that memo?

Free food? I have a specific request with many people to let me know when and where one can acquire free food, as satisfying hunger is always a financial burden in this country. My network has reported no such findings lately! That's not to say free food doesn't exist, but I can speak from experience that "free food" is never consistent. How and when you come by it changes frequently. Do tell where you get this information -- free food.

Frihost can't be mentioned enough on this topic. If I were a referee I would give you two points!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Free food? I have a specific request with many people to let me know when and where one can acquire free food, as satisfying hunger is always a financial burden in this country. My network has reported no such findings lately! That's not to say free food doesn't exist, but I can speak from experience that "free food" is never consistent. How and when you come by it changes frequently. Do tell where you get this information -- free food.
Lots of free food in Vancouver for needy people though. There are soup kitchens especially on the East side of the city where most of the hardship is. A friend of mine was unemployed for a long time and that just about saved his life. Would not take a dime from anyone, nor be taken out for meals. But the food apparently from these kitchens was really excellent.
truespeed
free stuff
william
truespeed wrote:
free stuff

Came here to post this. And also this.
Helios
Getting help from other people used to be free, now it's rare - too bad because as a social species helping other people is, I think, one of the things that has kept us alive so far.
Unfortunately, all that's left free in our times are our thoughts (unless they come out of our mouths or hands of course)... that is quite unfortunate, I think.

Well and electronics from old ladies, that too... as a DIY electronics hobbyist I find that extremely useful! Razz
IceCreamTruck
Helios wrote:
Getting help from other people used to be free, now it's rare - too bad because as a social species helping other people is, I think, one of the things that has kept us alive so far.

I completely agree with this statement. Unfortunately we might find out too late that caring for each other helps us survive.
sonam
Free bill (when buy something).

Sonam
IceCreamTruck
sonam wrote:

Sonam

Don't give businesses any ideas!!! Next they will start charging us to bill us!
Nameless
IceCreamTruck wrote:
sonam wrote:

Sonam

Uh, I'm pretty sure this already happens. You know, when a company gives you a 'discount' to pay by method X instead of face to face or whatever.
IceCreamTruck
Nameless wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
sonam wrote:

Sonam

Uh, I'm pretty sure this already happens. You know, when a company gives you a 'discount' to pay by method X instead of face to face or whatever.

You are correct! haha, I was kind of thinking the same thing but didn't come up with an example.
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
Right on! The Banks are most certainly already doing that. Especially when they make it sound as though they are your best friend for getting a loan. That it is virtually some or other act of benevolence on their part! Twisted Evil
speeDemon
Your family and people who you befriend all come as free presents in life!

Ps: DEATH is free...Razz
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
Your family and people who you befriend all come as free presents in life!

Think Hmmmm ...... depends on what your relationship is with them. The consequences may make it expensive.
Nameless
speeDemon wrote:

Underworld assassins would like to have some words with you.

Also, funerals.
cybersa
Sun light and Moon Light free forever.
jmlworld
Free speech. But, free speech is dead these days. You cannot swear in front of a jury, and you cannot hand vast amount of confidential government documents to Julian Assange.
Bluedoll
Thing that is not free!
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bluedoll/blog/vp-125043.html
Beware clicking on the link will cost you!

Thing that is free.
Nothing!
airh3ad
free frihost the best.
IceCreamTruck
Bluedoll wrote:
Thing that is not free!

What does it cost... haha, you have me perplexed! Have you figured out how to take my fridollars (shakes fist)
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
Thing that is not free!

What does it cost... haha, you have me perplexed! Have you figured out how to take my fridollars (shakes fist)
I think she means that Government should not charge for information that one asks off Government. I agree. Unless it is something like asking for a service to supply copies of documentation, then that is understandable, they have to cover that cost. But if the information is available at a click of a button, then we should be able to download it without having to be charged for the information.
cybersa
All over the world Advice is free thing.
But difficult to follow.
Bluedoll
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Bluedoll wrote:
Thing that is not free!

I am ranting about the unfair pricing of my service provider, the article explains it. Suddenly, the internet is not very 'free'.

cybersa wrote:

All over the world Advice is free thing.
And it is a free choice as to whether or not to accept it. Laughing

AIR is free - including the stuff that comes down wind! Twisted Evil
watersoul
Everything has some kind of cost hidden away which provides for the 'free' activity/experiences in life.
I was going to suggest swimming in the sea, or even just building a sandcastle on the beach, but thinking about it, my taxes/sewer charges pay for the waste treatment to keep the water clear and the council workers who pick the rubbish off the sand at 8am every morning.

Even catching a 'free' fish and cooking it at the shore involves paying for something, rod/hooks/fishing line etc, unless you are going for a Bear Grylls type experience and use survivalist methods - something I try every now and then with my son...but with much less success than when using modern equipment! Laughing

I'm going cliff jumping with my lad later this afternoon and that is a 'free' activity, but to enjoy it you really need to spend money on a wetsuit for the 8C temp sea we've got.
I never pay to go camping usually, just pitching tent on various beaches around here instead. Again though, the tent wasn't free. We sometimes build our own shelters and bushcraft 'camp' in nearby woodlands - it's almost 'free' but without first paying for my hatchet and bow-saw it would be a struggle to construct a half decent place to rest your head for the night!

I guess there are some truly free things such as the air we breathe and that wonderful feeling of warm summer rain on your face, or even the beautiful scenes nature creates for us in meadows of flowers etc, but even collecting driftwood off the shore for a fire has a cost - the labour and energy required to gather it.
sonam
Time is free.
speeDemon
sonam wrote:
Time is free.
I think that time can't really have any pricetag attatched to it, so it cant be free either.

On the other hand, you can actually save(buy) time by using modern technology, like pay more and get an airline ticket, istead of going by a train... you can save a lot of time!
watersoul
sonam wrote:
Time is free.

Mine is definitely not, I'd expect at least minimum wage for any of my time Wink
mahirh
Bluedoll wrote:

I am ranting about the unfair pricing of my service provider, the article explains it. Suddenly, the internet is not very 'free'.

looks like im lucky , Qatar government telecom supplies 1mbps internet for about 54.9526 U.S. dollars a month with unlimited cap , so this will not be a problem for us, so far , its the lowest option
sonam
speeDemon wrote:
sonam wrote:
Time is free.
I think that time can't really have any pricetag attatched to it, so it cant be free either.

On the other hand, you can actually save(buy) time by using modern technology, like pay more and get an airline ticket, istead of going by a train... you can save a lot of time!

watersoul wrote:
sonam wrote:
Time is free.

Mine is definitely not, I'd expect at least minimum wage for any of my time Wink

Both of you are right if we are talking about what you want to do in period of time. But if we time treat without start or end then this time is free. Our focus on some part give price for it.

Sonam
Bluedoll
mahirh wrote:
looks like im lucky , Qatar government telecom supplies 1mbps internet for about 54.9526 U.S. dollars a month with unlimited cap , so this will not be a problem for us, so far , its the lowest option
Is that not expensive for just moving data? The thought of unlimited seems appealing so maybe it is a reasonable price to pay. One thing for certain access to - the internet is not free!

nothing.free
speeDemon
Bluedoll wrote:
mahirh wrote:
Is that not expensive for just moving data? The thought of unlimited seems appealing so maybe it is a reasonable price to pay. One thing for certain access to - the internet is not free!

nothing.free

to access the internet, apart from the service provider, you need a computer, data cable/connection, electricity, so I guess terming it as free is wrong anyway...
Nameless
Advice is not free, there are plenty of services which will charge you for financial planning etc.
Air is not free, go ask a scuba diver where they get their oxygen tanks.
If you think time is free, allow me to introduce you to the concept of opportunity cost. Topic over?
missdixy
Hunger is free
Nameless
missdixy wrote:
Hunger is free

Is hunger really one of the 'best things in life'? I mean, I know I'm starving myself all the time for the sheer joy of it but I'm not sure everybody shares that kind of a passion.
mengshi200
I think all the best things in life are free and the true.
Only prefer one way is not good idea.
Greatking
The air we breath in is free.
The life we have is free.
The love of God is free.
We have so many free things in this life. Its uncountable.
IceCreamTruck
Apparently stupidity, ignorance, and annoying opinionated replies are all free!!
Nameless
Greatking wrote:
The love of God is free.

Depending on your religion, there are a lot of costs involved in maintaining any semblance of faith. There's time involved in prayers and worship, rules and commandments you have to follow, donations or tithes ... Technically the love itself might be 'free', but it's fairly meaningless unless you pay through some kind of action to demonstrate or live by that.

Of course, being an atheist I could argue that it cost you intelligence too, but that would be a low blow. Razz
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
I'm starving myself all the time for the sheer joy of it but I'm not sure everybody shares that kind of a passion.
This sounds interesting. How does it work? Question
Nameless wrote:
Of course, being an atheist I could argue that it cost you intelligence too, but that would be a low blow. Razz
What do you mean, one has to have intelligence or it robs you of intelligence? Does not sound like a very intelligently worded statement to me at all. Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Nameless wrote:
I'm starving myself all the time for the sheer joy of it but I'm not sure everybody shares that kind of a passion.
This sounds interesting. How does it work? Question
Nameless wrote:
What do you mean, one has to have intelligence or it robs you of intelligence? Does not sound like a very intelligently worded statement to me at all. Twisted Evil

I think what Nameless means is that with intelligence comes a certain measure of not being able to blindly accept any religion. Intelligence means you question, and most people who follow religions do not have a questioning nature that drives a person to more knowledge and a greater understanding of our situation. I think it's possible for intelligent people to follow religions, but only if they don't think about it much. If they apply their intelligence, or questioning nature, then most religions of the world will come up lacking and more outside sources are required for "the bigger picture."

I think it was Bikerman that stated in another thread that quantifying the human soul, or proving that it even exists is impossible, so no argument can realistically be made that there is anything more to live than we are living now.

It is also decidedly unintelligent to worship a god just because you can't prove that he doesn't exist. This would mean we should also worship pink elephants, snipes, and the bogeyman. It also means that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are just as important as Jesus.

It may not be a complete, all-inclusive, statement that Nameless made, but it makes perfect sense. Dean, just don't let the fact that you are religious make that a statement that judges your intelligence. Just open yourself up to more sources, and gain insight over and above what little evidence (if any) other's settle for and we'll all be more intelligent, and you won't be limited to one interpretation.

Dean, it is decidedly unintelligent to continue only reading the Bible for guidance and insight. The Bible is antiquated, inaccurate, and manipulated back and forth over the years to satisfy different regimes political agendas. All they want is for you to question your worthiness, and to question if you are good enough, and they have you completely under their control. They can continue to fill their pews and coffers with money, which legitimizes and finances their authority over you. They will only ever tell you what you need to hear to keep supporting them and their business. They don't care if you know the truth, but I do, Dean. I really care for you and I like you A LOT!!!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I think what Nameless means is that with intelligence comes a certain measure of not being able to blindly accept any religion. Intelligence means you question, and most people who follow religions do not have a questioning nature that drives a person to more knowledge and a greater understanding of our situation. I think it's possible for intelligent people to follow religions, but only if they don't think about it much. If they apply their intelligence, or questioning nature, then most religions of the world will come up lacking and more outside sources are required for "the bigger picture."
Perhaps Nameless can speak for himself? I have no problem with the statement that Nameless made. I actually enjoy his postings and I think I've said it on occasion as well, this guy has a wonderful way with words that can have one rolling with laughter. So maybe you misinterpreted my response just a teeny little bit? By the way, I'm not terribly impressed with you wanting people to be more intelligent. I'd personally rather lose the little bit of intelligence I have. I'm beginning to get to the point where I am convinced that "ignorance is bliss". Particularly when I read your post.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I think it was Bikerman that stated in another thread that quantifying the human soul, or proving that it even exists is impossible, so no argument can realistically be made that there is anything more to live than we are living now.
Thanks for the insight.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
It is also decidedly unintelligent to worship a god just because you can't prove that he doesn't exist. This would mean we should also worship pink elephants, snipes, and the bogeyman. It also means that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are just as important as Jesus.
Thank you. Obviously very intelligent observation.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
It may not be a complete, all-inclusive, statement that Nameless made, but it makes perfect sense. Dean, just don't let the fact that you are religious make that a statement that judges your intelligence. Just open yourself up to more sources, and gain insight over and above what little evidence (if any) other's settle for and we'll all be more intelligent, and you won't be limited to one interpretation.
I think you're overreacting IceCreamTruck. But as I've mentioned before, I'm happy to have less intelligence. Personally I enjoy a really good sense of humour, and am particularly looking forward to Nameless's comment on this.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Dean, it is decidedly unintelligent to continue only reading the Bible for guidance and insight.
Really? Angel
IceCreamTruck wrote:
The Bible is antiquated, inaccurate, and manipulated back and forth over the years to satisfy different regimes political agendas.

All they want is for you to question your worthiness, and to question if you are good enough, and they have you completely under their control. They can continue to fill their pews and coffers with money, which legitimizes and finances their authority over you. They will only ever tell you what you need to hear to keep supporting them and their business. They don't care if you know the truth, but I do, Dean. I really care for you and I like you A LOT!!!
Agreed. But that does not say that all of the contents is bad. There are some really good chapters in the Bible, provided of course you have an open mind to read them. I completely agree with you that there are bigoted people under the guise of religion who try to control and manipulate others through the mechanism of fear and many other tools. But don't throw all the good people out with the dirty dish water.

Again, I've got no problem with what Nameless said. He wrote a little bit more than a one-liner which makes your very long comment on his behalf quite bizarre. No doubt he will come up with his usual dry humour. And what is particularly great is that he is usually very economical with his words as well. Now that to me is a sign of REAL intelligence.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
But as I've mentioned before, I'm happy to have less intelligence. Personally I enjoy a really good sense of humour, and am particularly looking forward to Nameless's comment on this.

I think it's obvious that you took some comments personally that were directed at religions in general because you identify yourself as a religious person, but unintelligent you are not, my friend.

Just because someone says religion is stupid, and you participate, doesn't make you stupid, so you can't claim that although you make a good case for yourself! Smile just kidding ... it's important that you understand we're not dissing you but think what you have to say is important.

It is important to us that if you find out everything there is to know about your faith/religion, and you stick with it, then we're actually much more open then people think because we listen to your take and want details that might give us some insight. Where you loose us is when you buy the unprovable statements made in religion, limit your sources so you are not getting the whole picture, and close your mind around one or two ideas. That's the quickest way to make it seem like all we want to do is attack you, but only because you've set yourself up in opposition to a few practices that we feel help a person make intelligent choices. It's very possible for an intelligent person to choose to be unwise, so that's really what we fight against. If you can wisely show belief in god is prudent, then you'll find atheists lining up to hear what you have to say, and if your wisdom holds up to a little reasoning you'll find they convert themselves. Just stop fearing their process -- it's why christians won't listen to good arguments because they've been taught to fear questioning. "Do not put the lord your God to the test"... sound familiar? Do i really need to come full circle again on system of control? The key controlling someone: stop them from asking questions, and make them fearful to ask more questions.

Honestly, if god made me, then why was it so important that I ask so many questions especially if he didn't want someone asking them? My brain fires off probably 10 questions a minute -- loaded questions -- especially when we're talking religion and philosophy (in general chat no less). Every time there is even the slightest inconsistency or conflict my brain starts firing the questions again, and it's not something I've done to give myself a questioning nature. The questions have always been there, and so I eventually picked up trying to get some answered when I was a teen, and now you find me as an adult with not more answers, but even bigger questions.

I can see how questioning after you are all knowing could be counter-productive, but questioning before one knows everything is simply learning. I have never understood why so many christians have been so mean to me just because I ask a question.

I say it all the time but the messiah was built and sold 21 times before it finally stuck on Jesus and he became the universal messiah for everyone.

Christians came to me and said "Jesus was uniquely born of a virgin" and "His heavenly father makes him devine." I asked the simple question "How many other people claim to be born of a virgin?" and the answer I get from the history books is roughly 21 came before Jesus, the known, Christ.

Does the question make me a sinner? I just simply wanted to know how many people came before him claiming the same thing, and I feel asking means I want information and has little to do with how much or how little I believe. What christains don't understand is no one is born with faith... you have to grow and decide what you believe. I hadn't decided to believe anything before the christains were treating me like an outsider for the kinds of questions that I was asking, and I felt they were perfectly fair. I also felt that it was dangerous to not have answers to some of the questions I have.

I gained a measure of intelligence from the answer because I know something most people don't know, especially most christains, and that is that there were 21 virgin births before Jesus' claimed virgin birth (first mentioned many many many years after his death). And what do you think is more likely... these 21 virgin births of Egyptian rulers affected the Israelites idea of what a messiah is, or someone actually had a child while they were still a virgin. Really? You mean the Israelites had an image of a messiah beat into their heads for many years before they came up with one... strange! (it's called sarcasm... it's decidedly not strange at all)

Next I naturally fire the question at the christians to confirm my suspicions that they are closed-minded and five minutes of digging produced truth that most of them don't know -- "What do you think about the other 21 virgin births?" and I get no response!!! I seriously want to know what they think, and how that makes them feel, and all I get is sour faces, and hurt feelings.

What substance is there if one question brings it all down? What substance is there if one question infuriates you? What substance is there if one challenge causes you to bring your whole army to bear? What substance will be there when I have asked my billion other questions?

Religion asks that we accept without evidence and proof, and science doesn't require you to believe anything without evidence or proof. One day, it is my hope, they are one and the same. Religion shouldn't require anyone to accept it's evidence or proof.

Deanhills wrote:
But that does not say that all of the contents is bad.

I completely agree. The Bible is actually a very valuable historic text full of spiritual and moral guidance in a world that is in ever increasing need of, but it's just 1 source. Many sources should be used to paint more accurate pictures of history. I read through the Bible and repeated 7 times until I was about half way through the 8th time, and I put it down and I have never really picked it up since. If I find the need, then I will return to it, but I know I've read the Bible the last time through that I will ever read it. There are many more other religious texts that I would pick up first for a little "light reading." (haha, light reading)

I own three Bibles, each a different version, and each with my name on it -- thanks, mom! I don't , however, own a want to read any of them any more.
Ghost900
Libraries... While not completely free as we pay to support them in our taxes they are still a great thing if you like reading and they are considered free as far as I look at it since we don't pay directly to the library and we don't pay more if we use it or not.
Greatking
we have air to breathe in free of charge.
we have our lives and opportunities.
the love of God is free for the world and for everybody who intends to take it.
life is free and its a gift from God
IceCreamTruck
Greatking wrote:
the love of God is free for the world and for everybody who intends to take it

Are you talking about the christian god or the islamic allah? Love is not free there, bro. It requires faith in both counts, and without faith in those religions you get the "free" discrimination and possibly war against you.

Religious discrimination and hatred are free... love requires commitment and faith in those religions. Those religions preach love, but the underlying theme is kill your enemy in both religions.

Quick substitute the Santa Claus in the sky god for this thread as the "fire and brimstone" war mongering spiritual deity won't go over well here, and we need to improve our recruitment numbers!!! Damn, if we could only have IceCreamTruck join our religion we'd really be something then, wouldn't we?!?!? He's obviously not as important as we are to Jesus though cause we've been buddies with ol' J.C. forever!

I'm ready any time, Greatking, just turn on the love spicket cause I'm ready to take some love -- any time... you just say the word. Wait, you're telling me that god's love can't be quantified or measured, and thus cannot be taken or given? Hmmm, it has a lot in common with things that don't exist... are you sure it's real or are you just making this up?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I think it's obvious that you took some comments personally that were directed at religions in general because you identify yourself as a religious person, but unintelligent you are not, my friend.
Thanks IceCreamTruck. That is a relief. I'd probably got a little sensitive after a few intense sessions in the Phil&Rel Forum. Do you remember that movie of Ace Ventura's - "Do NOT go in there?" Very Happy

IceCreamTruck wrote:
It is important to us that if you find out everything there is to know about your faith/religion, and you stick with it, then we're actually much more open then people think because we listen to your take and want details that might give us some insight. Where you loose us is when you buy the unprovable statements made in religion, limit your sources so you are not getting the whole picture, and close your mind around one or two ideas. That's the quickest way to make it seem like all we want to do is attack you, but only because you've set yourself up in opposition to a few practices that we feel help a person make intelligent choices. It's very possible for an intelligent person to choose to be unwise, so that's really what we fight against. If you can wisely show belief in god is prudent, then you'll find atheists lining up to hear what you have to say, and if your wisdom holds up to a little reasoning you'll find they convert themselves. Just stop fearing their process -- it's why christians won't listen to good arguments because they've been taught to fear questioning. "Do not put the lord your God to the test"... sound familiar? Do i really need to come full circle again on system of control? The key controlling someone: stop them from asking questions, and make them fearful to ask more questions.
I don't like this generalising stuff. All people, whether Christians, atheists or whatever, are together in this same world, and I don't see any differences except how they look at things. My wish would be for them to accept their differences rather than having this need to change one another's thinking. The way we can save one another is to accept that we are different and to appreciate those differences rather than judge one another to almost literal death.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Honestly, if god made me, then why was it so important that I ask so many questions especially if he didn't want someone asking them? My brain fires off probably 10 questions a minute -- loaded questions -- especially when we're talking religion and philosophy (in general chat no less). Every time there is even the slightest inconsistency or conflict my brain starts firing the questions again, and it's not something I've done to give myself a questioning nature. The questions have always been there, and so I eventually picked up trying to get some answered when I was a teen, and now you find me as an adult with not more answers, but even bigger questions.
I don't have a problem with your opinion of how you see things, therefore I won't debate you on this point. I'd prefer you to feel the same way about Christians though dude. Different horses, different courses. My thinking about religion is obviously faith based. Yours work on reason only. So I'm not sure our minds are going to meet on this. For me tolerance is the key. Whatever makes you happy is OK by me. And I mean that.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I can see how questioning after you are all knowing could be counter-productive, but questioning before one knows everything is simply learning. I have never understood why so many christians have been so mean to me just because I ask a question.
I'm sincerely sorry if Christians have been mean to you. Tell me who they are and I will go and beat them up for you. That is wrong. We seem to get this on both sides of the coin however. Again, this "us" and "them" thingie is something of pitting minds against one another. I'd rather that we accept our thinking is different along tolerance lines. That is probably like wishing for the moon, but it is a hope I have anyway.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Religion asks that we accept without evidence and proof, and science doesn't require you to believe anything without evidence or proof. One day, it is my hope, they are one and the same. Religion shouldn't require anyone to accept it's evidence or proof.
Looks as though you and I are hoping for the same thing dude. Peace on earth!

OK, now back with the topic, looks as though being a Christian or being an Atheist comes at a price. Even peace comes at a price as well? So maybe we are not as free as we may hope to be?
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Thanks IceCreamTruck. That is a relief. I'd probably got a little sensitive after a few intense sessions in the Phil&Rel Forum. Do you remember that movie of Ace Ventura's - "Do NOT go in there?" Very Happy

OMG, lmaorofl .... I've started to hate that forum, and YES! Do not go in there! lol ... it currently has the appeal of a day old bucket of vomit for me!

deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I don't like this generalising stuff. All people, whether Christians, atheists or whatever, are together in this same world, and I don't see any differences except how they look at things. My wish would be for them to accept their differences rather than having this need to change one another's thinking. The way we can save one another is to accept that we are different and to appreciate those differences rather than judge one another to almost literal death.

Nah, let's kill them all! Smile Just kidding....

I agree... I often say 1 all-powerful god, and 7 billion unique perspectives of god. We are all the same, but we need to realize that, and that no one's perspective is the same. We literally cannot believe the same thing... it's impossible. Churches divide all the time when they figure out they have differences that cannot be resolved, so really the only churches that are still together are the ones that haven't figured out that everyone in their congregation believes something different. I love it when churches implode like this because it's proof they cannot deny human nature indefinitely.

My want for people to have more information and make more intelligent decisions IS a want to change them. I'm sorry but I feel stupidity is more dangerous than we currently know, and the shear number of imbeciles on this planet at this time MAY mean our downfall as a race. That has yet to be determined.

It's either try to get them to open their own minds and start taking in more knowledge or I have to start killing them. Are there other options since they threaten my safety? I don't mean to alienate you, as I have never felt that you are stupid or unintelligent, Dean, and I know you are christian but that doesn't automatically exclude you from being intelligent no matter how hard your compatriots try to make me think it does.

As I said... there is nothing wrong with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and I do believe his statement that "no one comes to the father, but by me" as not being exclusive but as describing what happens to someone who comes to understand god. I don't believe we are all one here and now, because this is a place of separation and to experience what it is to be alone (that is, i feel, the major purpose of this "game") and when we return to the oneness that we came from then a complete knowledge of Jesus and his teachings is guaranteed, so fundamentally our beliefs are closer than you think, but I choose to experience everything that god is sharing, and I think no human is excluded from that unless they choose to experience only loneliness.

You must come with me on a journey though! Check out William Henry... I really like what this guy is doing with history and multiple religions. He's taking the old imagery and noting the similarities between christian, Egyptian, hindu, Buddhist, and many more cultures teachings and images to paint this bigger picture, and he's found some surprising similarities. Imagery that shows Jesus crossing the river of life on a serpent raft wearing a cloak of many colors looks to be exactly like images of Buddha wearing the same rainbow cloak sitting on a raft adorned with serpents. It all describes supernatural beings coming and going from earth.

History has shown us, and the accounts of people in witness, that the same images and descriptions of those events keep coming up over and over and over even across continents where news did not travel amongst unrelated people groups, and the same images end up in conflicting religions. We even have some super natural events witness by 60k plus people in South America, and that, to me, is fairly impossible to ignore.

I'm not interested in the lies of yesterday, but the truth of tomorrow. I think you'll find that Jesus is a major player, but not for the reasons that we commonly attribute his divinity: miracles, virgin birth, prophecies, etc. He's a major player because he ascended, and he appeared many more places on earth after his ascension and this history was excluded or never written into the current popular Bible, and his miracles were really a byproduct of his ascension and not the other way around.

Both the moron (mormon) faith and the Native American Indians have historical accounts of Jesus visiting the Americas after his death in the Middle East. Those are unrelated accounts of the same phenomenon of a "light being" in a rainbow cloak appearing to people. The problem is the details are vague because the American Indians did not record their history in text, but in rough pictures.

The same type of events in South American history around the same time arises much concern in me, as I wonder why no one feels the need to investigate these things ... except for our wonderful guy William Henry who's attempting to paint a more complete picture. Warning: some of his findings WILL cause you to have to reevaluate your faith because you will find some of your beliefs are based on the beliefs inherited from the Israelites' time in captivity in Egypt. It also doesn't help that they used computers to simulate "red sea parting" type events, and they found a place where water parting occurs naturally and it's more on the route the Israelites took out of Egypt, and it can also account for Pharaoh's lost chariots. You really have to use Occam's Razor on that one -- the simplest solution is usually right.

When you start opening yourself up to history, then major parts of the Bible fall apart because they are based on old ideology and ancient paradigms that make no sense today. The Bible as a whole holds up fairly well even if you burn off all the fat, so to speak, and has much of what people like William Henry draw their material from.

I can actually say that William has shown me more truth in the Bible than any christian could possibly have have shown me in the Bible because you have to know some of the things I have been shown or read about history in order to get the ability to see the meaning under a lot of the words. It's like the word serpent in the Bible... it describes angles streaking across the sky if you have the old paradigm in mind and imagine that anything they saw that was long and slender looked like a snake to them, but to me this is an effect we've seen many times if a light moves fast past our eyes on the highway produces streaks but it's very unlike a serpent to us (they never saw lights streaking on the highway; old paradigm). This is exactly what I mean. You can't think serpent... think light and a bright object moving very fast -- our minds don't think "sky snake" when we see jet trails because we don't have that old paradigm any more... our paradigm has shifted because of more knowledge.

So Jesus being on a serpent raft crossing the river of life, translates more to Jesus entered a portal and traversed a worm hole to a place in the Universe, outside of our perception. This is how I feel you must examine the Bible today... with a new paradigm, and be ready to do some translation in order to gain any kind of understanding because the people describing what really happened weren't very intelligent, informed, or knowledgeable, and sometimes they didn't have much imagination. It doesn't invalidate their description of what they saw, but I think it's time to drop the "evil serpent" and go with brilliant, fast moving object, that can hurt you. So many people today have this image of Satan as a serpent, like a reptile, and it really bothers me that this imagery has been so distorted.

I don't doubt that a supernatural being could just as easily appear as a snake as appear as a human, and appearing as an animal, or reptile may have caused them to make connections that weren't there because of their point of view or paradigm, and a direct need to describe the long slender streaks in the sky.

The Bible even describes aliens coming to earth and breeding with Humans to create super humans, or the "heros of old" and this could be legitimizing greek gods and goddesses, but we have little time frame to go on when it comes to the old testament. It says the earth was created in days, but could be years, centuries, or millennia. The timing of it all doesn't matter to me, cause the fantastic stuff in the Bible causes great concern to me regardless of when it happened, especially since most modern christians literally believe that stuff was just put in their to test their faith! Some believe that dinosaur bones were put here to test our faith, and I believe those people were put here to test my faith! Smile

Don't tell the Christians I think they are partially right... it will only go to their heads, and they need to do some serious paradigm shifting.

I'll finish your statements at another time... I only answered a few here.

PS. My opinion, and sharing my perspective: free! Smile
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
Even peace comes at a price as well? So maybe we are not as free as we may hope to be?
I agree.
Quote:
“Freedom or ‘free’ is not something static, something you can put in a bottle or yank out of your purse at a moments notice. It is something we sometimes need to fight for, sometimes something we need to work for, and sometimes something we need to pursue. Free is free in the sense that sometimes it is given, but never free in the sense that it can be taken for granted.” – after quoting this Bluedoll submitted a paper “Peace is possible” to the Un security council.

Wink
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Even peace comes at a price as well? So maybe we are not as free as we may hope to be?
I agree.
Quote:
“Freedom or ‘free’ is not something static, something you can put in a bottle or yank out of your purse at a moments notice. It is something we sometimes need to fight for, sometimes something we need to work for, and sometimes something we need to pursue. Free is free in the sense that sometimes it is given, but never free in the sense that it can be taken for granted.” – after quoting this Bluedoll submitted a paper “Peace is possible” to the Un security council.

Wink
TOTALLY agreed. Am looking forward to the paper. Maybe you can post it in the Phil&Rel Forum?
Just found this neat Magic Pony artwork .... sort of reminded me of some of my last discussions in the Phil&Rel Forum Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
What is a parasprite?
speeDemon
oh, and, you get a pizza from pizza hut free after half an hour....
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
What is a parasprite?
I don't know, I did Google parasprite but could not find anything so am hoping Ocalhoun may know as it's magic pony language. We're in need of an interpreter here. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
speeDemon wrote:

This is an American created idea, and I'm wondering if they do that in India? Almost no pizza places do this here in the states any more. Usually though if you have a valid complaint then you don't pay for the food and that goes for almost any restaurant. Pizza places usually say 1 hour now, and if they are earlier than that it's cool.
speeDemon
IceCreamTruck wrote:
speeDemon wrote:

This is an American created idea, and I'm wondering if they do that in India? Almost no pizza places do this here in the states any more. Usually though if you have a valid complaint then you don't pay for the food and that goes for almost any restaurant. Pizza places usually say 1 hour now, and if they are earlier than that it's cool.

Yup, I believe dominoes and pizza hut both give out free pizzas for delayed delivery..
also, pizza hut has this stupid offer, where theres a 'hot dot' on the box, and if the box is hot, then the dot says something like "hot", if it's cold, then it turns black, so if the pizza's not hot when it reaches you, it's free..
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
Yup, I believe dominoes and pizza hut both give out free pizzas for delayed delivery..
also, pizza hut has this stupid offer, where theres a 'hot dot' on the box, and if the box is hot, then the dot says something like "hot", if it's cold, then it turns black, so if the pizza's not hot when it reaches you, it's free..
Wow, that has to be quite stressful on the guy who is supposed to deliver the pizza, especially in sub zero temperatures during winter time in the Northern Hemisphere. Question
speeDemon
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:
Wow, that has to be quite stressful on the guy who is supposed to deliver the pizza, especially in sub zero temperatures during winter time in the Northern Hemisphere. Question

hehe, It's India... tropical, and anyway, It's summer right now, they might just terminate the offer in winter...
IceCreamTruck
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:

hehe, It's India... tropical, and anyway, It's summer right now, they might just terminate the offer in winter...

So much for getting free pizza on Christmas day!
c'tair
Life.

Life is free. What you chose to make of it, that doesn't have to be free, but people often forget how frugal lives can be and instead focus on spending and earning money which sucks, because money's value is only virtual ie. money rarely translates into happiness.
IceCreamTruck
c'tair wrote:
Life.

Life is free. What you chose to make of it, that doesn't have to be free, but people often forget how frugal lives can be and instead focus on spending and earning money which sucks, because money's value is only virtual ie. money rarely translates into happiness.

I looked to see where you are from because I didn't recognize the language in your signature at first, but it's polish, no? I mention because I too am polish, but I was born in the USA. You must help me learn the language! Smile

I liked your comment! It describes what I really feel about money: it's someone else's system of wealth in which they are rich and many are poor. If you buy into their system, then you are most likely asking for debt and a life of supporting their wealth unless you are wise and can beat that basic system. True, that's a pessimistic way of looking at the American (or Polish) Dream, but I feel being honest about what's going on is the only way to begin to learn how to beat the system.

I think beating the system is learning to invest in real world wealth. Money starts to trickle in faster and faster if you focus on what's really valuable, and money isn't it.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I think beating the system is learning to invest in real world wealth. Money starts to trickle in faster and faster if you focus on what's really valuable, and money isn't it.
This sounds interesting. How do you go about doing this? What do you define as real world wealth? And how do you get to focus on what is really valuable? Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
This sounds interesting. How do you go about doing this? What do you define as real world wealth? And how do you get to focus on what is really valuable? Very Happy

First it takes looking at the environment around you and studying the need. Does the environment around you need a good mechanic, or a good salesman, or a good fisherman? Is there a lot of junk around you that needs to be organized or thrown away? You don't have to start big... starting small helps you gain points from which perspective is improved.

Over in the music forums someone asked the question how does one begin to learn how to play music, and sadly the best advice seems to be to get born into a musical family, which isn't possible for some people. The other option being to surround yourself with musical people, but could this mean it's too late to really learn for some people who dreamed of being a concert pianist, for instance.

My encouragement to anyone is that it doesn't take long, if you focus, and look around for the biggest needs in your home, community, city, county, country, and then think about what you could study, build, or buy that would put you into your desired station in life. I think it's obvious that most people become overwhelmed when thinking about their future, and so they don't, but with a little planning anything is possible!

Ability to social network also plays a big role. If you know someone who has land, someone who lays bricks and pores concrete, a plummer, a carpenter, a drywall and interior expert, an electrician, and a lawyer, then you could manage a housing project if you find a small investor who's willing to lubricate the wheels with a little old fashion money.
deanhills
Thanks for the tips ICT. If I may ask, what have you identified in your environment for you to focus on? Do you do social networking as well?
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Thanks for the tips ICT. If I may ask, what have you identified in your environment for you to focus on? Do you do social networking as well?

Actually a lot of my time that I'm not at work has been eaten up by this lately -- AstroTwister. I have version 2.0 completed, but it's not released yet. I'm working on the windows7 gadget now.

This project got me the best job that I've ever had and the interview lasted 5 minutes before the kind lady said she was going to hire me. Smile

In this case I'm doing something I've always wanted to see, and that is a miniature solar system spinning on my desktop. I figure, since it's an app, that I might be able to work the next round so that I can make cash off of it, but that's taking a lot of work, so I continue day by day as I have time.

It's not just the widget I'm building... it's the support websites as well. xMPACT.com is going to be my software hub where any software I create is all centralized, but then I have AstroTwister.com for that specific project as well, and I'm trying to launch SearchToFindPeople.com in among all the confusion. It's a mess right now, but hopefully soon I will have most of it ironed out well.

I haven't quit my day job yet if that is what you are asking, Dean! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
This project got me the best job that I've ever had and the interview lasted 5 minutes before the kind lady said she was going to hire me. Smile
I like these kind of interviews. They're the ones that are more or less a formality when the partnership is already a given before it happens. Great that you get to do what you love, and even greater there's no day job. Most expats in the UAE really get tired by now, looking forward to their summer holidays. Last week we had temperatures going into the mid forties, wind storms and I think I'm not the only one wishing I could be on a different continent. When I think like that I remember March/April in Vancouver, BC, when the winter rains did not want to end, and I had wished myself away from Vancouver as well. I'm now searching for a perfect place with the world's most perfect weather, and most perfect quality air and water. Would be nice if one can create something that is of service on the Internet, that can lead to an online business, and then have the freedom to get to live anywhere in the world.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I like these kind of interviews. They're the ones that are more or less a formality when the partnership is already a given before it happens. Great that you get to do what you love, and even greater there's no day job. Most expats in the UAE really get tired by now, looking forward to their summer holidays. Last week we had temperatures going into the mid forties, wind storms and I think I'm not the only one wishing I could be on a different continent. When I think like that I remember March/April in Vancouver, BC, when the winter rains did not want to end, and I had wished myself away from Vancouver as well. I'm now searching for a perfect place with the world's most perfect weather, and most perfect quality air and water. Would be nice if one can create something that is of service on the Internet, that can lead to an online business, and then have the freedom to get to live anywhere in the world.

That's what I'm trying to do... make money off of web projects so I can live anywhere in the world. Let me know when you find somewhere hot, next to the ocean, with beautiful women everywhere! Smile We can move there together!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

That's what I'm trying to do... make money off of web projects so I can live anywhere in the world. Let me know when you find somewhere hot, next to the ocean, with beautiful women everywhere! Smile We can move there together!
Shocked Anxious I'm thinking of the mountains, maybe somewhere in the Himalayas .... maybe I take Bondings' free house with me? Angel
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I'm thinking of the mountains, maybe somewhere in the Himalayas .... maybe I take Bondings' free house with me? Angel

Are you crazy? Do you know how cold it is there? It's only livable for 20% of the year, and I would be cold the whole time. I would like to go there because there is history and culture that I would like to see, but as far as a place to live... I want to live on the water! literally! I want a sail boat that's large enough for me to live on, and just sail around the world.

Satellite internet connection, of course! Frihost forever! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I'm thinking of the mountains, maybe somewhere in the Himalayas .... maybe I take Bondings' free house with me? Angel

Are you crazy? Do you know how cold it is there? It's only livable for 20% of the year, and I would be cold the whole time. I would like to go there because there is history and culture that I would like to see, but as far as a place to live... I want to live on the water! literally! I want a sail boat that's large enough for me to live on, and just sail around the world.
I like both ideas. Now that you mention the cold, I'd like to revise my mountain idea a little. Minimum temperature can't go below 15 degrees Celsius. I love the ocean, so your idea for sailing is great. I'd prefer however to stay somewhere on the coast, maybe an island near Yemen on the Indian Ocean side, Pemba Island near Zanzibar or Madagascar and do snorkelling and diving there. Either that or the Red Sea. And yes, totally agreed, there has to be a satellite internet connection. Viva Frihost! Dancing
drunkenkoz
Technically speaking, nothing is ever free. For example you stay active on the Frihost forum and in return they give you so called "free" hosting.
IceCreamTruck
drunkenkoz wrote:
Technically speaking, nothing is ever free. For example you stay active on the Frihost forum and in return they give you so called "free" hosting.

But we love being active on the forums, so getting hosting is free! Smile If you don't think it's fun to post here then you haven't Hijacked This Topic yet! Smile
drunkenkoz
IceCreamTruck wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

But we love being active on the forums, so getting hosting is free! Smile If you don't think it's fun to post here then you haven't Hijacked This Topic yet! Smile

Well I was just speaking from a technical term. Just stating a fact. I'll check out that thread in a bit.
IceCreamTruck
drunkenkoz wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Well I was just speaking from a technical term. Just stating a fact. I'll check out that thread in a bit.

Sweet! Welcome to the fun!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Thread of the year? Until the next best thread? Very Happy Viva IceCreamTruck .... Viva Frihost Dancing

IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Thread of the year? Until the next best thread? Very Happy Viva IceCreamTruck .... Viva Frihost Dancing

He's exaggerating a bit, but Dean gets to do that cause he's coo! Smile

Yes, come with us, drunkenkoz (and everyone else), and let's see how far the rabbit hole goes! Twisted Evil

PS. Dean, I like your new signature!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Embarassed Thanks! It was FREE! Very Happy
drunkenkoz
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Embarassed Thanks! It was FREE! Very Happy

You would go there. xD
TurtleShell
laughter is free?
IceCreamTruck
TurtleShell wrote:
laughter is free?

Unless you go the way of the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit and pay the ultimate price for laughing -- to die laughing!

It's NOT FUNNY! The evil leader often shouts at the weasels, and we find out later he may be evil but he was trying to protect them! go figure.
TurtleShell
there's a roger rabbit ride at Disneyland--we like to go on it. And every time I'm on it, I think of that movie and how as a 7 year old I literally thought it was the funniest movie ever made. I'd kind of like to see it again just to get some perspective--was it a good movie at all?
IceCreamTruck
TurtleShell wrote:
there's a roger rabbit ride at Disneyland--we like to go on it. And every time I'm on it, I think of that movie and how as a 7 year old I literally thought it was the funniest movie ever made. I'd kind of like to see it again just to get some perspective--was it a good movie at all?

You are safe in adoring that movie on any level because it is a classic. Big budget, all star cast, and I'm not totally sure but I think it was the first full length feature film to include animation with the real characters. Before that movies cut to cartoon scenes, and had real people with cartoons together, but never for such an extended period of time, or as extensive plot elements.

It also gave them license to cover many genres and topics very quickly because of the zany cartoons all over the place. It contains in itself many other adorable cartoon characters who were literally begging for another appearance on the big screen especially since many of them we still cherish but are passing further and further away from popular culture entertainment.

You don't have to watch it in the closet any more. In fact you can show it to younger generations as something that has paved the way for the mostly CGI, and some real people, movies that they like to watch. Then you can shake your fist at them and scream "You, crazy kids!"