FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm not dead!

LittleBlackKitten
Sorry if my sudden and lengthy disappearance scared anyone. Nothing happened to me, really. We got Dragon Age 2 and it absorbed me, I haven't been online for anything, and I just discovered my laptop not booting, not recognizing windows, and giving me the blue screen of death, so I might be sparce but I'll see how often I can manage to log in until it's fixed. Smile
deanhills
Welcome back LBK! If I may ask, what is Dragon Age 2 Question Very Happy
ProfessorY91
You aren't dead. This is a good thing. Congratulations on your return from the world to which Dragon Age 2 took you.

On a completely off topic side note, I have negative 35 points, and my hosting account hasn't been deleted. The warning emails were completely lost in my inbox. So at this point, I'd just like to say that I'm not dead. And neither is my account. And thanks to the leniency of the mods for not removing my account.
ocalhoun
Well, that's good to know.

Frankly, I'd be pretty disturbed if you were posting here while dead.
Ankhanu
Seeing the thread title, I immediately looked to see if the author was Max... alas...

Not that it's not great that you're back from Ferelden, but, ya know Razz Welcome back.
Nameless
I would like to go on the record to state that I, also, am not dead.

/contributing! Razz
IceCreamTruck
LittleBlackKitty! We were discussing something when you left, but I don't remember what it was. I did notice that you were absent, but I didn't know it was because of a video game.

Video games are bad, Kitty! but Frihost is good! Smile
LittleBlackKitten
LOL!!!! Omg Ankhanu, you made me laugh so hard, water came out of my nose.

Deanhills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mn1rVakZg

All: thank you for the nice welcome back!
IceCreamTruck
I watched your video, and it's definitely evil!

Does your mother know you are watching that video, and worse you are playing that god forsaken video game with the sinners. You will get some serious purgatory for this young lady! Twisted Evil

LOL... I must have been hanging out in the faith forums too much! Smile It's good to have you back, now I was under the understanding there would be cookies -- I was promised there would be fresh baked cookies!
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Deanhills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mn1rVakZg
I agree with ICT, Frihost is better ..... Very Happy
missdixy
I, too, am very alive! And I am glad that you are, too! =] Also, Dragon Age 2 is totally a good excuse for going AWOL!
IceCreamTruck
missdixy wrote:
I, too, am very alive! And I am glad that you are, too! =] Also, Dragon Age 2 is totally a good excuse for going AWOL!

Women are thick as thieves! Dragon Age 2 is the devil and no reason to leave your friends who are counting on you in some of these very serious debates on frihost!

missdixy it's ok to be mad at LBK for leaving, so you don't have to be sexist (Being nice to her because she is a girl)!

PS. Try counterstrike source instead! Smile

PPS. What proof do you offer that you are alive?
Helios
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Sorry if my sudden and lengthy disappearance scared anyone. Nothing happened to me, really. We got Dragon Age 2 and it absorbed me, I haven't been online for anything, and I just discovered my laptop not booting, not recognizing windows, and giving me the blue screen of death, so I might be sparce but I'll see how often I can manage to log in until it's fixed. Smile

So what's new in Kirkwall ?
Dragon age 2 rocks. I finished it myself a week after it came out, and I was kinda disappointed because it's quite a short game. Still, a very cool RPG. Dragon Age Origins was better however.
(Un)fortunately I was recovering from a surgery at that time so I had about 12 hours a day to play it Razz

Level 22 mage signing off Twisted Evil

Ah, now we just have to wait for The Witcher 2 Sad
driftingfe3s
I guess Dragon Age 2 is a really good game. Have you played the first one? How do you compare the two? I've been wanting to play it but I don't have too much time right now.
Bluedoll
I just realized I might be dead but still typing. This is causing me a some concern! My computer is recognizing windows and giving me blue screens, so at least that is normal! Razz
IceCreamTruck
Bluedoll wrote:
I just realized I might be dead but still typing. This is causing me a some concern! My computer is recognizing windows and giving me blue screens, so at least that is normal! Razz

Post your blue screen messages in the computer support forums! Let us help you!

Do this: Control panel > system > advanced (tab) > uncheck "automatically restart"

This will let you see the blue screen longer, and the info on that screen can be used to figure out what is causing the problem.

!
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
I just realized I might be dead but still typing.
Good news is Bluedoll that if you notice this, then that means you are alive! I was watching a movie tonight - Final Destination II - and in it it said, and I thought that has to be true - that we are at our most alive when we are dying. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
I just realized I might be dead but still typing.
Good news is Bluedoll that if you notice this, then that means you are alive! I was watching a movie tonight - Final Destination II - and in it it said, and I thought that has to be true - that we are at our most alive when we are dying. Very Happy

We also don't usually try to express our freedoms until they are taken away! We don't tell people what they really mean to us while they are alive! We wait till we're old to start doing what we should have kept doing since we were children! We very often resort to lying and cheating and stealing without having even tried honesty, fair-play, and earning a living! We're highly critical of people's words and actions, and yet we turn a blind eye on our own actions and words even when they are blatantly out of line, uncalled for, or just plan wrong -- we will press any bad idea that we have as well just because it's our idea, as if that has some value or entitlement. We put value on ourselves without any reason, and complain when we have to wait in line, or actually do manual labor -- usually accomplishment comes before putting a value on something, but we'd rather eat twinkies and watch TV and try to convince ourselves, and those around us, that we have a right to be king of everything we see. The only time I see other humans given each other any ounce of recognition like this is almost always if it also improves their station in life or reputation.

Shall I go on? or are you like me, and see the entire human race doing things backwards, living upside down, and wondering why we are not succeeding in winning the battle we fight for survival against ourselves.

If we are not successful interpersonally as a race soon, then I feel we are speeding for a brick wall on which we will destroy ourselves. It's not a matter of when or end, but how far we have to go before we get there and we may be already past the point of no return, which would be the last chance we have to slow down or change course away from the wall.
standready
Welcome back to all those that briefly disappeared and like magic, you're back!
Bluedoll
BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+1c )

Arg1: 00000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 80042000
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 00000000 to 8052fba8

STACK_TEXT:
f7c4bc1c 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+0x1c

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+1c
8052fba8 c3 ret

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+1c

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 3ea80977

STACK_COMMAND: kb

BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_8_nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+1c
Ankhanu
I should probably finish Dragon Age Origins before buying Dragon Age 2. Fantastic game, but I hear that 2 isn't as good... can you confirm, LBK or Dixie?
IceCreamTruck
Bluedoll wrote:

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+1c )

Your random BSOD could be caused by processor overheating, and this falls in line with the text you gave. When was the last time you cleaned out your computer? If it's a laptop then cleaning it out, and buying one of those laptop coolers may be required.

It's also possible this is caused my voltage if your power supply is going bad. A program like speedfan will help you get voltage info from your computer, but be careful with speedfan and read the warnings.

I found this article when searching your problem... sounds like your issue too

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=447852
Asap170
LittleBlackKitten wrote:

How can it give you a BSOD when it doesn't recognize windows. The BSOD is Windows. If it was a black screen with white text then that's the Bios. I have no clue who you are, but welcome back!
speeDemon
Ankhanu wrote:
Seeing the thread title, I immediately looked to see if the author was Max... alas...

Not that it's not great that you're back from Ferelden, but, ya know Razz Welcome back.

same here... disappointed... Razz

I went to quite a high number in the -ves and still was provided with hosting... the considerate mods and owner make it the best of the best!
Helios
Ankhanu wrote:
I should probably finish Dragon Age Origins before buying Dragon Age 2. Fantastic game, but I hear that 2 isn't as good... can you confirm, LBK or Dixie?

Well I'm neither, but since I finished both games I'd say DA origins is better than DA2. DA:O has more RPG elements than DA2 which is more action based.
Ankhanu
Helios wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Well I'm neither, but since I finished both games I'd say DA origins is better than DA2. DA:O has more RPG elements than DA2 which is more action based.

Thanks Smile
Yeah, this seems to be the consensus of what I've been hearing. I'll wait until it's cheap to give it a try.
IceCreamTruck
I died during the life of this thread! This is a post from the grave!
deanhills

Welcome back! Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

*makes sure zombie kit is ready*
*not so much*
Uh, could you maybe wait a week or two? My new AK hasn't been delivered yet, so I'm not quite ready for zombies at the moment.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

How about this potato launcher .... as part of the kit ... Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
Not a brains eating zombie, but I'm definitely "undead"

I've been staying up late working on the AstroTwister project so I feel undead almost every day lately. I do, however, have a newly fashioned tab navigation system on the settings thanks to last night's efforts.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

How about this potato launcher .... as part of the kit ... Twisted Evil

Um... no thanks. I'll stick with this:

Should be delivered sometime next week. ^.^ (Really looking forward to it!)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:

So did you order this through the post then? Amazing! Do you have a special use for it in mind? Or is this as an investment? Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
So did you order this through the post then? Amazing!

Yes, they can be ordered through mail or online. They have to be delivered to a local licensed gun dealer though, so that the dealer can make sure you are legally allowed to own it.
Quote:
Do you have a special use for it in mind? Or is this as an investment? Twisted Evil

A: The go-to main battle rifle for SHTF scenarios. (Providing superior firepower in short to mid-range engagements)
B: Really fun to do target shooting with, and not too expensive.
C: As an investment (the prices of 'assault rifles'* should climb nicely around election time, because: 1- somebody will claim 'obama wants to take away the guns' 2- many will believe this, and buy 'before it's too late' 3- the increased demand causes rise in prices.)

*Assault is a behavior, not an object. A better classification might be 'military rifles' or 'tactical rifles', though these descriptions are also lacking, as they could easily include any hunting rifle as practically identical to a military sniper rifle. One of the problems with gun laws in some areas is that politicians try to ban 'scary looking' guns, but are unable to clearly define what is and isn't allowed, at least not in a way that makes any practical difference to the guns available.
standready
ocalhoun wrote:

Nice! That is one way to take care of a wrabbit! laugh
Cal_123
Welcome back. Might I ask what you think of DA2? Some people tell me it's the best RPG they've played, others tell me it's woeful. I played Origins and thought it was okay (although very buggy).
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:

Only thing better than that would be two of them! Twisted Evil I see a one handed rifle before me
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Only thing better than that would be two of them! Twisted Evil I see a one handed rifle before me
Can you shoot both of them at the same time? Angel Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Can you shoot both of them at the same time? Angel Very Happy

One itty bitty problem with your two-handed approach...
This is a bullpup rifle, meaning that the action is behind the trigger.
What this means practically is that the bolt handle moving and the spent case ejection happen right next to your face... This is fine for use in the right shoulder... But on the left shoulder, you're going to get a bolt handle (very forcibly) in your face and/or hot brass ejected into your eyes. That rifle is NOT for use in the left hand!

(Besides, dual wielding/one hand rifle shooting are just silly tricks for Hollywood, video games, and mall ninjas. In real life, it is MUCH better to shoot one gun accurately than to shoot two guns inaccurately. -- There's no way you can get a good sight picture with two guns at the same time... And holding it with only one hand means it will be much less steady, and therefore much less accurate. -- And the volume of fire provided by one AK is more than adequate; no need to double it.)

Though, if you insist on double AK's, or one-handed AK's, this one should be much more suitable:
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Though, if you insist on double AK's, or one-handed AK's, this one should be much more suitable:
Awesome! I was thinking of those movies where the hero gets to shoot with two of these guns while he is dive-sliding on his belly over the floor. I actually like those kind of movies. Then of course the ammunition is spent soon, and he then grabs a gun that is magically available and kills a few more guys one shot at a time. Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Awesome!

No, really, not awesome.

They're very inaccurate -- even for an AK -- have horrible ergonomics and terrible balance, the distance between front and rear sights is laughably small, making it difficult to aim, and one handed, the recoil is going to make all but the first shot completely wild. Also, they're much too heavy to be pistols, especially when fully loaded, yet they can't legally be fitted with full stocks, as this would make them short barreled rifles, a restricted weapon.
Quote:
I was thinking of those movies where the hero gets to shoot with two of these guns while he is dive-sliding on his belly over the floor. I actually like those kind of movies. Then of course the ammunition is spent soon, and he then grabs a gun that is magically available and kills a few more guys one shot at a time. Very Happy

Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing that works great in the movies, but is actually horrible in real life... Guns like this one are the reason drive-by shootings usually kill half a dozen innocent bystanders without hitting the actual target.
Yet, people still use them, because it looks 'cool'... like something they'd see in a movie.
(Of course, this problem is compounded by how the drive-by shooters don't bother aiming... because what action-flick hero ever pauses to aim before shooting?)
Bikerman
The AK-47 is horribly inaccurate - I know that from a good friend who has fired one. He is British Army and trained in automatic and large caliber weaponry. His words 'I couldn't guarantee to hit a Ford Transit Van at 50 paces with a full clip in automatic'.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Yet, people still use them, because it looks 'cool'... like something they'd see in a movie.
(Of course, this problem is compounded by how the drive-by shooters don't bother aiming... because what action-flick hero ever pauses to aim before shooting?)
You know, I always thought it was not for real. Now this does have me worried. People are actually copying the movies? Doesn't sound good at all!
spinout
Usama Bin Ladin is supposed to be dead!
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:
The AK-47 is horribly inaccurate - I know that from a good friend who has fired one. He is British Army and trained in automatic and large caliber weaponry. His words 'I couldn't guarantee to hit a Ford Transit Van at 50 paces with a full clip in automatic'.

Yes, they're not very accurate... but (normal) AK's aren't that inaccurate!
As long as there's nothing wrong with it (such as worn-out barrel, canted sights, et cetera) an AK should be able to hit man-sized targets at 100m just fine.
Yes, anything beyond 100m is simply 'spray and pray', but they were designed for short-range engagements; pinpoint accuracy was sacrificed for reliability and inexpensiveness.

My first AK isn't full auto, but I can easily use it to kill milk jugs at 50 paces. (And the slant-break barrel compensator works very well to prevent muzzle rise after multiple shots, so using it in full-auto shouldn't affect the aim that badly.)
My guess is that your friend was either exaggerating for effect, shooting a worn-out AK, or shooting an AK that was built to much lower quality standards than even most AK's are.
Give me a full-auto AK, a full magazine*, and a ford van, and I'll guarantee at least 20/30 rounds hit the van. ^.^

(And to be fair, low accuracy is pretty much the only disadvantage of the AK platform.)

*Clips and magazines are different things.

Basically, the rule of thumb is that magazines have springs, clips do not.
(Though, I suppose it might be different in the UK, if you can call a trunk a boot, I guess you can call a mag a clip. ^.^)
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
You know, I always thought it was not for real. Now this does have me worried. People are actually copying the movies? Doesn't sound good at all!

Not consciously imitating movies, I'm sure... But I bet a good many of them are uninformed enough to think that movies accurately portray which weapons are most effective, and how to use them.

(People are generally stupid... The people who do drive-by shootings generally doubly so.)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
(People are generally stupid... The people who do drive-by shootings generally doubly so.)
Quite worrying that "the stupid" get to own guns too.
LittleBlackKitten
Wow everyone, my topic has been effectively hijacked. Ha ha, getting back to the question presented to me about Dragon Age 2, I will give a full review for you all!

Dragon Age 2

Overall, I really enjoyed this game, both as an RPG, and a game in general. I only have a small couple complaints, and that was one about the game length, another was the Black Emporium/dog DLC, and the tattoo options on the face generation section. Otherwise, I think it's an effective combination between a fighting focused RPG, and a story RPG. If one wants, you can do many different options on different play-throughs and have totally different outcomes. It makes it worthwhile to do each gender in each class for each personality type for those who enjoy seeing the small differences in the plot. There's also different romances to follow, and my personal favorite to complete start to finish is Fenris. Not for the sexy complicated elf-boy thing, but from how psychologically complex he is as a character and as a traumatized human being gaining healing from the only normal, sane relationship he's ever had. Now for the break-down!

Playability 10/10

For those who are new to RPG, The normal setting is about as challenging as some RPGs are on easy. The casual setting is great for someone who is more interested in plot line then battling, and hard is for the opposite. If one abuses the gold/exp glitch, playing through as a L 50 with capped stats is actually pretty cool; but unnecessary. Even at L 26 on Normal, the game isn't that hard. (Unless you PUT it on hard). Nightmare is just that - a nightmare. My Level 50 with capped stats and the best weapons in the game with a full party (Anders healing, Fenris, Varric) got totally owned by a shade. Yeah.

Plot 10/10

Without giving away too much of the main plot line (if any at all), I found the plot line leaving me thinking "Wow that was a twist I wasn't expecting..." more than once. Even in the sub plots with the various characters in the different play throughs and different choices, not just on my first play through. I found the tapestry of choices that led to different plot points very interesting, and made me wanting to do whole new play throughs after beating the game just to see what a different decision in a few places would be.

Game Length 4/10

Often with big name games from big name producers, you can expect a game that, even when short, doesn't FEEL short. Dragon Age 2 falls WAY short on this to me, especially after the original. 2 feels rushed, skipped over, and as if you're blasting through some very important pieces of the main character's life. One could easily have clocked 72 hours into the original before even getting in to add ons, DLC, or the like. In 2, all DLC and add ons considered, I can beat the game, with all side quests, in about 70 hours, including leaving it on for food and bathroom breaks. Being split into three acts, I can find at least 3 or 4 places where a whole act could have been placed in to the main plot line and still have the storytelling cut scenes from Varric. I'm very disappointed in 2 for the game length over all, especially since their direct competition, Elder Scrolls, you can easily clock 200 hours without even -touching- the main plot line (at least in Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV. Haven't played V).

DLC 4/10

The DLC is a huge let down. The dog doesn't follow you around, you have to summon him, he has a spell cool down, and won't follow between area transitions. You can't command him, there are no collars, paint, or upgrades for him, and he isn't very effective. The Black Emporium is expensive, and by the time you save enough gold to buy stuff, the weapons are ineffective, and there are far stronger weapons available in game for cheaper. The -only- way to make the Black Emporium worth it's while is to use the gold glitch, but even then, that's only a slight improvement since the enemies level with you, and by the time your level is up with your gold, the star rating of the weapons go WAY down, as does it's power and attack ratio. The -only- worthwhile item in the Emporium, Maker's Sigh aside, is the staff and mage outfit one can get in the third act that makes you look like the Grand Cleric - that and the mirror, of course - but you can only enjoy the awesome clothes and staff for a short time before the game is all over. Sebastian is a GREAT addition to the team, his plot is totally awesome, and he's a very cool character over all - but you need to enable him in the first act and you only get to appreciate him in the second act and only really becomes valuable in the third. I would have loved to use him in the deep roads at the end of act one, but no such luck. He is also almost completely replaceable by Varric, who you get sooner, who has better skills.

Battle System 9/10

I liked the battle system and the amount of fighting to enjoy. My only issue with the battle system is I really wish there was more than 6 menu spots for hot keyed abilities. This made me have to choose between offense, defense, and totally ruled out a combination. I really didn't like having to trigger the rest of the spells and thereby pausing combat to access the other spells. That being said, I really didn't mind having to choose, and it gave me a better selection for being either offensive or defensive and made me pick the most effective abilities.

I hope that makes you guys happy. Ha ha!

As for guns, my personal preference would be shotguns for the power. I wouldn't mind Fallout NV's Riot Shotgun. >Very Happy

As for my computer, it was BSOD with no windows reading. Ironically, all it needed was a system restore. o.O
IceCreamTruck
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Ironically, all it needed was a system restore. o.O

Excellent! Good to hear.... almost didn't catch this note at the bottom cause I couldn't care less about that game, sorry.
LittleBlackKitten
ocalhoun wrote:

You just described most of the stereotypical southern US. LOL!
IceCreamTruck
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

You just described most of the stereotypical southern US. LOL!

I was just cleaning it... and it went off!
ocalhoun
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Wow everyone, my topic has been effectively hijacked.

Sorry...
drunkenkoz
Well it's really good to hear that you aren't dead, I suppose. I think it's awesome that you got Dragon Age 2. It's a great game.
IceCreamTruck
Actually, LittleBlackKitten, this is the amazing topic that should have never been. Isn't it against the rules or discouraged to post "I'm back" messages .... I think I read that somewhere.

It should have died ages ago, but I guess people are still really happy you are not dead! Smile It's like my "500 posts" thread which I never should have posted. I've now almost doubled that and I'm not sure I've seen the last of that topic, and so it's begging to be hijacked again and again as well.

Threads aren't supposed to live this long! Smile This thread is definitely not dead!
Greatking
its good to have you alive.
and it sure feels good to be alive and not dead.
cheers to life!
IceCreamTruck
Greatking wrote:
it sure feels good to be alive and not dead.

Is speaking about things with which you have no experience your theme today? Your statement above makes about as much sense as it's inverse: It sure feels bad to be dead, and not alive!

Life is varying degrees of pain it's just that you like some of it more than others. A much more accurate statement is: "it sure feels painful to be alive and not dead" which makes so much more sense then your ridiculous "non-speak" statement above which is not grounded the same way my statement below is.

PS. All hail Satan's majesty! Greatking, I seem to have misplaced my Satanic Bible... can I barrow yours until I find it? Thanks, Bro!
ocalhoun
Greatking wrote:

Well, I am a big fan of being alive... but from what I've heard, being dead is pretty nice, too.
(At peace, one with the world, accepted, that kind of thing.)
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
Greatking wrote:

Well, I am a big fan of being alive... but from what I've heard, being dead is pretty nice, too.
(At peace, one with the world, accepted, that kind of thing.)

I agree, but being alive feels infinitely more "anything" than dead at the same time (substitute pain, good, sorrow, remorse, jealousy, or any other feeling)
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I agree, but being alive feels infinitely more "anything" than dead at the same time (substitute pain, good, sorrow, remorse, jealousy, or any other feeling)

I'm going off of reports from near-death experiences (some of which were apparently experienced during times of zero brain activity, which lends a bit of credibility)... Anyway, extremely few reports of such things find the experience to be unpleasant in the least, and nearly all of them find that they no longer fear death afterwards.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I'm going off of reports from near-death experiences (some of which were apparently experienced during times of zero brain activity, which lends a bit of credibility)... Anyway, extremely few reports of such things find the experience to be unpleasant in the least, and nearly all of them find that they no longer fear death afterwards.

I believe in life before death! Smile I'm happy to share it with you, because you are cool and fun to chat with, and I don't mind that you like ponies! lol
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Wish I could compare the too ..... guess I would have to die before I can do that .... Shocked Or is there an alternative way to experience death? Think
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Wish I could compare the too ..... guess I would have to die before I can do that .... Shocked Or is there an alternative way to experience death? Think

Many people enjoy death vicariously through others ie. the Goth generation, but this does not give them any more insight into death than people who almost die, and survive, in my opinion.

Many people talk about after death experiences or near death experiences, but here's what I think happens. Their brain is active while the connection from their brain to their body is not, and our sense of time becomes warped because we have no frame of reference, and the mind begins moving through ideas and processing very quickly while not accounting for things not taking as long to accomplish in virtual reality as they do in real life.

For instance, once I experienced a drug called salvia, and I took so much that I had an "out of body" experience. The hallway, the light at the end, going into the light... benevolent beings all around comforting me and telling me everything was going to be ok, and then *poof* the smoke cleared and I was sitting on my couch again, but what I experienced was amazingly real, and I also experienced about three hours in 10 minutes because, like I said, my brain had no frame of reference.

The only thing I can figure is that salvia produces a temporary "locked in" state where the mind can no longer communicate with the body. I wouldn't think much more than a drug experience of it except that I experienced everything that everyone ever talks about as being a "near death" experience, and it wasn't a "locked in" state produced by trauma so I didn't mistakenly think I had died.

I'm willing to bet that anyone who says they experienced one of these moments actually had very high brain function while being passed out much like a sleep state where one is dreaming. When doctors stupidly support people's lunatic ideas of brain function while dead because they aren't taking into account when people are spending what seems like hours in this state during the wake up process. The "dreamer" can experience hours in just a few minutes of brain activity without body stimulus to reference time. We probably could learn to tell time more accurately if we spent our lives in that state because there may be little clues that we miss in our inexperience with wakeful dreaming while the body is asleep/unresponsive.

Do I believe people experience anything while completely brain dead? No.
Do I believe people spend ours in their imaginations while waking up from some traumas? Yes.
Is this confusing and messes with their perception of time? Yes.
Do I think doctors need to study brain activity when someone is coming around instead of just when they are unconscious or awake? Yes.
Do I think doctors purposely misinform people? No. But too often they support a patents claims, or don't deny them, without any evidence one way or the other. Doctors shouldn't allow this speculation as there is probably a very sound medical reason for this "near death" thing we keep experiencing which will will discover the reason for after more medical experimentation.

The only thing in common between people claiming a near death experience is that they are all still very much alive, and you cannot prove they experienced anything while there was no activity in their brain. I think we've missed brain activity spikes either before or after the person is coming back around that explain this state. My own experience explains how they think it was hours when minutes have passed.

No one here is dead. We all have being alive in common, and I didn't even die when I left frihost for a little while! Smile

Salvia is now illegal in the US, and in probably a growing number of countries who follow suit to what the us does first. So here's what I recommend if you want an out of body experience: Go to international waters, find some salvia (didn't say it would be easy), and find a comfortable place where you can completely loose control without hurting yourself... beware edges of coffee tables, and things you can fall on. Salvia, if you smoke a ton of it, will make your body go bye bye, and your brain will go joyriding in your imagination. My advice... speak with the spirit of the forest cause he/she's really nice. If you don't want to come back right away don't let them give you the shot! Smile

BTW, my journey on that stuff was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced, and so horrific and real that just thinking about it is enough to give me chills. It is a much deeper rabbit hole than acid or shrooms, but only lasts for about 10 minutes to those around you. It's a very exciting 10 minutes though, and you will have stories when you come back if overwhelm yourself on it like I did.

* Once again not encouraging breaking any countries laws. Respect their authority on this subject. This is just the only "dead" or "near death" experience I can think of.
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Many people talk about after death experiences or near death experiences, but here's what I think happens. Their brain is active while the connection from their brain to their body is not, and our sense of time becomes warped because we have no frame of reference, and the mind begins moving through ideas and processing very quickly while not accounting for things not taking as long to accomplish in virtual reality as they do in real life.

In most cases, there is no time to test for such things because the situation is so urgent, but there have been a few instances where people had near death experiences while hooked up to brain-monitoring equipment.
... And in some of these cases, the brain had shut down completely during the time they experienced these things.
(To say nothing of the occasional related out-of-body-experience that gives them knowledge they shouldn't have any way to know when they wake up.)
Given that, I'm inclined to think that these near-death experiences actually are useful into gaining insight in what it's like to die.
Quote:

* Once again not encouraging breaking any countries laws. Respect their authority on this subject. This is just the only "dead" or "near death" experience I can think of.

I'll go ahead and do it then.
Break the law! Reject illegitimate authority!

But be smart about it, and realize that there are consequences if you get caught.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I am intrigued that the actions of this drug had similar effects to a near death experience...
Particularly in how it triggered an apparent out-of-body experience.
Could you perhaps provide more details about exactly what you experienced at that time?
Particularly things like if you felt like you were either walking or floating, or did you feel (or see) that you had a 'phantom' body? I would find details like that very interesting... because it almost sounds like this drug may be able to help trigger... certain things.

Hm... Perhaps you should PM me about it instead... I might be in danger of derailing the topic again.
TurtleShell
Nameless wrote:

/contributing! Razz

I'd like to go on record as also not dead. I'm not thinking anybody was looking for me though.
syj824
my points is Negative number now,my accounts is alive
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
Nameless wrote:

/contributing! Razz

I'd like to go on record as also not dead. I'm not thinking anybody was looking for me though.
They do notice when you are around however! Then realize that you have not been around for a while. I think that is the beauty of the Internet and a Forum like this one, one lives on forever and never really dies.