FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hunter X Hunter

noobcake
Does anyone else love this series? I'm still waiting on the manga. It has been almost a year since Yoshihiro Togashi gave us a new issue. Sad
drunkenkoz
I love the Hunter X Hunter series, especially the anime. The only problem I have with it is Yoshi is currently sick and is expected to die anytime soon. They released some news that the Hunter X Hunter might not have an ending or anymore anime seasons.
QrafTee
drunkenkoz wrote:
I love the Hunter X Hunter series, especially the anime. The only problem I have with it is Yoshi is currently sick and is expected to die anytime soon. They released some news that the Hunter X Hunter might not have an ending or anymore anime seasons.
I thought Hunter X Hunter's anime ended a long time ago with one of its OVAs?
drunkenkoz
QrafTee wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

They were suppose to release another season, but I guess it was either a rumor or just an idea they had. I'm not quite sure, but what I am sure of is that the maker of Hunter X Hunter is sick.
QrafTee
drunkenkoz wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

They were suppose to release another season, but I guess it was either a rumor or just an idea they had. I'm not quite sure, but what I am sure of is that the maker of Hunter X Hunter is sick.
Well I thought the Greed Island OVA or something closed the anime by rushing to an ending where Gon finds his father (which, at the time, didn't happen).
drunkenkoz
At the end of the OVA I don't know if that was Gon's father or not. It could of been one of the maker's of the game for all we know. That's why they were going to continue the anime with another OVA to at least clarify the person who Gon met fishing at the lake. It could of been anyone.
QrafTee
I thought it was assumed that it was Gon's father. Oh well, it's a shame to hear what's going on with the creator (same with the mind behind the Gundam SEED Destiny movie).
drunkenkoz
We won't ever know who it was under the tree. It was a dark figure and they didn't bother to give him an actual character and or face.
QrafTee
drunkenkoz wrote:
We won't ever know who it was under the tree. It was a dark figure and they didn't bother to give him an actual character and or face.
That's because no one knew how Gon's father would have looked like. The worst thing you can do as an anime creator is spoil the real manga.
drunkenkoz
QrafTee wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:
That's because no one knew how Gon's father would have looked like. The worst thing you can do as an anime creator is spoil the real manga.

I really wouldn't mind if they spoiled the manga a little bit since the series was just an OVA. They could of came up with their own idea of what Gon's father looked like.
sasakura
i don't think this manga's continuation will be released again. but i hope i'm mistaken. Sad
drunkenkoz
sasakura wrote:
i don't think this manga's continuation will be released again. but i hope i'm mistaken. Sad

It's a great story, but it won't ever have an ending.
QrafTee
drunkenkoz wrote:
sasakura wrote:

It's a great story, but it won't ever have an ending.
I hate open ended series through any type of media, whether they're books, comics, movies, anime, cartoon, TV shows, anything.
loremar
It was really a good seies until they introduced the Greed Islands. The Greed Island series just didn't make up to the expectation after the series episodes about the Giniryudan gang.
p3p07
loremar wrote:
It was really a good seies until they introduced the Greed Islands. The Greed Island series just didn't make up to the expectation after the series episodes about the Giniryudan gang.

yeah, I think so too. But still, I hope they continue making this anime. Would really love to watch gon and killua getting really strong.
lightwate
loremar wrote:

Really? I actually liked the Greed Island arc, where they learn more about nen Smile Anyway, manga is now ongoing, and the story is getting really interesting Smile
saidosa
the episodes of hunter X hunter Razz Razz Razz
drunkenkoz
Well if you guys want to know, they started airing Hunter X Hunter again. This time it's called Hunter X Hunter (2011) where they're remaking the series, but it's shorter in episodes. I heard that they might go all the way and end the anime itself instead of companies creating ovas to keep us entertained.
loremar
drunkenkoz wrote:
Well if you guys want to know, they started airing Hunter X Hunter again. This time it's called Hunter X Hunter (2011) where they're remaking the series, but it's shorter in episodes. I heard that they might go all the way and end the anime itself instead of companies creating ovas to keep us entertained.

Really? That's great. Are they starting it all over again in the first episode? Or continue the last time?
drunkenkoz
They started over where Gon is in the Hunter Exams, except they crammed it all into like 12 episodes instead of it going on for a long time. I actually like the new fast paced series.
donoob88
okay, gon and friends finished the greed island. then they teleport to nig. they saw gon's father. gin look them, turn his neck while fishing, then finished.. ouch, finished right away. as i remember, gin said like this "if you saw me, i will just run" well, i don't saw gin run or even stand up. i expect more, a new episode, kurapica should defeat each giniryudan's member. and rioryo should show up as a doctor and have a skill of healing nen, cool right? and gon and killua will make hunt or something great adventure. we want new episodes, right? Wink
crazsantatra
I follow the manga and see the new version of the anime. I prefer the manga Smile