FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tell your Age

cybersa
If you want to post here,Please tell your age.

My Age 17.
Coming May 8th is my birthday.
standready
2! As in way too old! laugh
IceCreamTruck
I have seen approximately 32 revolutions of the earth around the sun!
peace2011
I am 22 and my full date of birthday is 1988 April 14
IceCreamTruck
peace2011 wrote:
I am 22 and my full date of birthday is 1988 April 14

Just helping... "My full birth date is Apr 14th, 1988" is a better way of saying what you said. You could have more simply said "My birthday is April 14th, 1988".

In English there is the formal declaration "date of birth" or just informal "birthday". Above you kind of combined the two.

Examples:
His date of birth is July 28th, 1929
Her birthday is July 28th, 1929

You may also be able to tell that we do dates by month, day, and year in English. The format is "Month Day, Year" (note the comma between day and year is always present).

May be awkward at first, but practice using it will help you understand more quickly when people write dates on frihost, or more specifically, multiple dates in English on frihost. It will also help you understand what day this is 01/11/11 ... which if you make a mistake is 10 months off because it's January, not November!

Blame the British kings for not wanting to do dates the way they do them in Europe. They just had to be different, then we Americans had to go and be different on everything except this. Honestly, after all we did to not be British -- running our horses the other way around the track from the British way for starters -- it surprises me that we didn't adopt the metric system when we could have. We still should, and dates should be DD/MM/YY ... it just makes more sense.

Hope this helps! And I hope you had a Happy Birthday!
truespeed
IceCreamTruck wrote:
. The format is "Month Day, Year" (note the comma between day and year is always present).

Thats the US date format,in the UK we have Day,Month,Year. Which makes more sense.
IceCreamTruck
truespeed wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
. The format is "Month Day, Year" (note the comma between day and year is always present).

Thats the US date format,in the UK we have Day,Month,Year. Which makes more sense.

Wait a dang minute here. Didn't we get that from you guys? Why do you get to change to the metric system? Ugh, FML! I know our dates don't make sense... I'm reminded by cool foreigners almost every day at work!
CheDragon
I'm 21
Ankhanu
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I have seen approximately 32 revolutions of the earth around the sun!

Me too!
truespeed wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

And Year, Month, Day makes even more sense than that!
IceCreamTruck
Ankhanu wrote:
And Year, Month, Day makes even more sense than that!

Only if you read left to right, duh! Wait... we do read from left to right, so you are correct! I was really trying to stick to the difference in the main two date types used. Using YYYY/MM/DD would mean everyone has to switch, which I'm game for cause we need to change anyway, but it's a big step, and we're not logical enough to make a wise, collective, choice like that.

It's actually hard to believe that the earth has only gone around the sun 32 times while I have been alive. This number seems small to me, and feels more like it should be up in the 100s. I'm older than my years, what can I say.

I may be older than my years, but it's all catching up to me!
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Using YYYY/MM/DD would mean everyone has to switch

A universal format would certainly make life easier for everyone, so I'd adapt to the above without complaint if it was a worldwide change. I do think the x day of the x month of the x year is a more user friendly option though if I'm honest, but I'm obviously going to be a little biased due to being British Wink

...oh, and I'm on my 37th revolution of the Earth around the Sun myself, but I only think of it as a meaningless number as long as I can still kayak/run/cycle a mile faster than many many 20yr olds I know! Razz
IceCreamTruck
watersoul wrote:
... as I can still kayak/run/cycle a mile faster than many many 20yr olds I know! Razz

I wish I could say the same. I'm going to work on that!
metalfreek
I am approximately 746496000 second old.
IceCreamTruck
metalfreek wrote:

Yeah, but do you Kayak for a mile?
metalfreek
IceCreamTruck wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

Never gone for Kayaking. Very Happy
mukesh
My date of birth 18th January 1988 Smile
lightwate
lol, what's with the kayaking? O:

haha. by the way, i'm 18. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
metalfreek wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

Never gone for Kayaking. Very Happy

Me either! I'm actually more of a canoe kind of guy myself. I find the idea of a kayak flipping over to be quite an undesirable effect. I prefer to fall out if it flips over! Smile

I imagine that a kayak is the only way to go down some rappids, but that isn't really my cup of tea! Let's go flying in a private plane instead!
IceCreamTruck
lightwate wrote:

I dunno... watersoul started the whole kayak thing! Smile I just thought it was funny to start asking people who else kayaks. I have no doubt in my mind that kayaking consistently would be good exercise, and more of us should probably kayak or canoe just to have more fun and be more healthy.

I'm sticking to canoes, however!
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
lightwate wrote:

I dunno... watersoul started the whole kayak thing! Smile I just thought it was funny to start asking people who else kayaks. I have no doubt in my mind that kayaking consistently would be good exercise, and more of us should probably kayak or canoe just to have more fun and be more healthy.

I'm sticking to canoes, however!

Lol, I only mentioned the kayak thing because I recognise I'm certainly a Frihoster who has travelled around the Sun more times than many people here, and the age thing is something I measure by fitness instead of years Smile

You're right it is great exercise, and once you learn how to roll back upright it's much more fun than a lame open canoe which basically sinks when it fills with water. I live at the sea and have always been pretty crap at surfing on a board so I got into kayaking as a child instead. You'd be surprised how agile a kayak can be in good surf.

Anyway, back to the OP and the ages of different folk, I live on a clifftop above the beach and as there is nowhere to leave the car down the bottom I just carry my kayak over my shoulder and walk instead. I feel absolutely youthful when I overtake people (15-20 years younger than me) on my way back up the hill, while carrying a 17 kg / 37 lbs kayak.

...to me, age is measured by revolutions around the Sun, but how old we really are can more accurately be measured by the condition of the body we travel our lives in Razz
IceCreamTruck
watersoul wrote:
open canoe which basically sinks when it fills with water.

True, but turning a canoe back over in the water is kind of essential to piloting one over open water!

watersoul wrote:

I live at the sea and have always been pretty crap at surfing on a board so I got into kayaking as a child instead. You'd be surprised how agile a kayak can be in good surf.

Anyway, back to the OP and the ages of different folk, I live on a clifftop above the beach and as there is nowhere to leave the car down the bottom I just carry my kayak over my shoulder and walk instead. I feel absolutely youthful when I overtake people (15-20 years younger than me) on my way back up the hill, while carrying a 17 kg / 37 lbs kayak.

...to me, age is measured by revolutions around the Sun, but how old we really are can more accurately be measured by the condition of the body we travel our lives in Razz

OK, but someone has to carry the supplies, the tents, and the fishing tackle in their boat, and when you are done playing in the surf you'll be back, because I will have all the beer in a cooler! Smile

Any cliff diving in your area? I have actually taken the large dive in Split, Croatia and it's 50 meters... I think. It's long enough to yell all the air out of your lungs, breath in, yell all the air out of your lungs, and breath in again before you hit the water which comes on like a brick wall so you have to maintain good position entering the water from that height. The Adriatic Sea was so clear that from the top you can see bottom very clearly from the top and you think there is no way that you won't hit bottom, but once you are in the water you can look and you still have 60 meters between you and any of the rocks on the bottom. I don't know how deep I was exactly, but I purposely penetrated the water quite far for the purpose of seeing if I could do a little sight seeing near the bottom while I was out there... there was just no way that was possible... the bottom was still so far below me and a long way to the surface for air.

It's true that I need to get out more but it's kind of hard with the current job I have; it will not last forever. I will adjust again and get myself back to the sea! Smile I miss being near the water!
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Great analogy! So by that definition I have to be geriatric. I haven't been as unfit as I am right now in ages. Reminds me I have to do something about it! I'm basically vegetating and expanding and if I keep this up am going to morph into a computer. Very Happy

It's "darn" hot over here, air is not the greatest, and well excuses excuses .....

I envy you your situation so close to the sea. Do you do the kayaking year round? Winter and summer?

I really need to move from where I am, and when I look up a new place, probably a situation like yours should be on top of my list. Right environment for regular and natural exercise (close to a surf would be great), lots of fresh air, access to fresh food from the farms ..... Pray
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I really need to move from where I am, and when I look up a new place, probably a situation like yours should be on top of my list. Right environment for regular and natural exercise (close to a surf would be great), lots of fresh air, access to fresh food from the farms ..... Pray

No, get back in your cage! Smile
Insanity
I am just turning 21. Time to start partying and drinking all the time.
driftingfe3s
I just turned 26, I'm getting a bit old... Sad
watersoul
driftingfe3s wrote:

I'd love to be 26 again! Lol Smile

deanhills wrote:
Do you do the kayaking year round? Winter and summer?

All except the dark badlands of January and February when I pretty much hibernate Very Happy

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Any cliff diving in your area?

Lots, although I mostly just jump from higher points as I haven't got the balls to dive from anything above say 10 feet!
Here's some low quality footage of me, my son and some friends at the coast in my area, Summer 2009...

PS, apologies to the OP for going off topic Wink
IceCreamTruck
We're not off topic! Merely expanding the idea of what units can be used to measure age!

So far we have revolutions around the sun, how fast you can kayak or canoe a mile, "partying and drinking all the time" (thanks Insanity and congratz on the 21st bday), metalfreek wrote: I am approximately 746496000 second old (which means I'm approximately 1009152000 and counting), we've had some great birth date format debate AND we've got how many cliff jumps you've done -- which I have been lucky enough to do more than 32 amazingly high cliff jumps in my life time, and that video is sick watersoul! You are living the dream my friend .. live it up!

We could try sticking to the suggested format! Smile

cybersa wrote:

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 am Post subject: Tell your Age

My Age 17.

It feels like an AA meeting... lol

Hello, my name is IceCreamTruck
I am 32 years old, and this coming December 2nd is my brithday!

now you guys try it!!!!!!
standready
driftingfe3s wrote:

I am like watersoul, to only be 26 again then I could go jump off a cliff and kayak across the sea.
missdixy
I am also 21, for like two more weeks. ACK I'M GETTING OLD Sad I wish I could stay 21 forever. I think it's like the perfect age Very Happy
Nameless
WHAT is with the young adults complaining that they're just so oh noes old in this thread? Even working on a strictly binary system of 'old'/'not old', nobody under the age of 40 or so gets to say that they're 'old'.

I am ... 'not old'.
airh3ad
Please come on my birthday September 26, 1985 you are all invited.
spinout
today I am 43,,,, Surprised

Crying or Very sad getting older!

But birthday cake is served tonight!
deanhills
spinout wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Very Happy
therimalaya
Mine is 8 Feb, i'm 27 running.
Cheeldash
I'm 18 Surprised
sudipbanerjee
At present I am 33+ Years old. My Date of Birth is 24th September 1977. Am I the oldest in this forum?
cybersa
spinout wrote:

Wish you many more Happy returns of the day.
Happy Birthday.
ms_j
I'm 27
IceCreamTruck
ms_j wrote:
I'm 27

If that's how many strokes of the oar it takes her to finish a mile in a kayak then she has you so stomped, watersoul!

If that's seconds, then I think she's really mature for her age! Smile

I'm guessing she's talking about how many times she's traveled around the sun on the earth.

So what's your thing, ms_j? Do you kayak, party all the time, cliff jump, or just along for the ride around the sun?
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
ms_j wrote:
I'm 27

If that's how many strokes of the oar it takes her to finish a mile in a kayak then she has you so stomped, watersoul!

Argh! It's a paddle in a kayak, not an... urgh, I can hardly bear to say it...oar!
..sorry, I'll admit I was in my school rowing team years ago, but rowing-boats are not my cup of tea at all, they can keep their oars to themselves lol

I did think of another measure of age today though - how childish we are or not.
My son is in his young teenage years and we are both pretty silly, playing tricks on each other, or making up stupid games and that sort of thing.
I'm obviously (acting) mature and 'grown up' when I'm seriously giving advice to my lad, or when I'm working/involved in that kind of responsible thing, but thats as far as it goes to be honest.
I think if you still settle things with your mates like 'who's going to walk the shop' or 'who's turn is it to drive' with a game of rock, paper, scissors, then certainly the age of your mind is less than the number of your Sun revolutions!
standready
airh3ad wrote:
Please come on my birthday September 26, 1985 you are all invited.

Well, let me jump into my time machine and head back to '85! laugh
ProfessorY91
My age is relative.

Like many people, I place very little faith in the constructs that society has built around what is 'proper' to do at certain ages. I will not be tending to a garden when I am 50 and old. I did not wait until I was an adult to copulate. Rather than age, I say, let us be discriminated against using raw intelligence as a standard. I rather expect I'd fall fairly low on that scale as well, but better than being held back based on the supposed wisdom and maturity associated with age.
IceCreamTruck
ProfessorY91 wrote:
My age is relative... better than being held back based on the supposed wisdom and maturity associated with age.

I agree with you. The way I look at it none of us is really old when we die. We're all still so young even after 100 revolutions of the earth around the sun, and what we really refer to as aging is really the degeneration of the body as it begins to process toxins worse and worse.

Being slow and cautious at old age seems to be more as a result of fear of hurting yourself rather than it's a learned behavior, and old people hurt themselves badly if they forget that they are more fragile than they were when they were kids.

Mental maturity seems to come more from how responsible you've had to be over the course of your life, and people who had to be responsible earlier than their peers carry this with them their entire lives, and people who are not mature or who have life given to them by financially supportive parents tend to remain young in the mind their entire lives. Seriousness about life and gaining maturity is a choice, not something that as a result of hitting a certain age.

The thought of death (life coming to an end) seems to make middle aged men start acting like boys again, women want to have babies and relive youth vicariously through their children, and it forces many old people through a return to youth event as their inner child seems to be right below the surface having suffered suppression by their adult personality when maturity was needed to survive. Once survival is no longer a requirement there is a massive return to youth in the mind because it's returning to where it started a lot of things but had to leave them. Our broken dreams still live in our youthful side, or they can be reconstructed there.

Maturity is what is over-rated. Most of the time I feel that maturity is a lack of youthful exuberance and imagination simply because the mind doesn't know how to become smarter than it already is, but it can suppress actions and behaviors that are not conducive of survival either alone or socially. To me people do literally become less fun when they get serious about life, and the people the suppress their childhood too much really are the ones that end up cracking/freaking out later in a massive return to their youth sometimes with disastrous effect. These people are taking life too seriously, and they are hurting themselves with the idea of maturity or they are hurting themselves mentally because their inner child is too destructive or so they've been told.

When was the last time you were excited about something like kids get excited about going for pizza! Seriously, just as an experiment and go tell any kid that you are going to take them for pizza with all of their friends tomorrow night. They'd get super excited, and the excitement would build until you actually took them there the following night. They almost won't sleep the night before, they'll talk to all their friends about it all day like they've never eaten pizza before. This excitement is how much fun it is to be a kid, and it's also what adults tell kids is self destructive, and they have plenty of examples of people hurting themselves and others when they are excited, but I feel we take it too far. Maybe it's jealousy of not being allowed to act super excited that causes adults to be so hard on children... I don't know for sure.

Whatever the case there appears to be a massive universal return to this youthful excitement or at least a shared desire amongst old people that wants to experience those feelings again, and they don't really care what anyone thinks about them, and they literally start running back over all those barriers they set up and other people helped them set up in their minds. Desperation produces a break down later, but I do not intend to let it get that bad. I'd rather live while I still have the ability to do so... yes, I'm kind of a big kid.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Maturity is what is over-rated. Most of the time I feel that maturity is a lack of youthful exuberance and imagination simply because the mind doesn't know how to become smarter than it already is, but it can suppress actions and behaviors that are not conducive of survival either alone or socially. To me people do literally become less fun when they get serious about life, and the people the suppress their childhood too much really are the ones that end up cracking/freaking out later in a massive return to their youth sometimes with disastrous effect. These people are taking life too seriously, and they are hurting themselves with the idea of maturity or they are hurting themselves mentally because their inner child is too destructive or so they've been told.
Totally agreed. When people call me mature, then I usually pay attention to whether I've become boring or something. Not a good sign. My mother used to accuse me of being immature all the time, and that to me was a great compliment. Twisted Evil

PS: Great post.
nigam
ill be turning 31 this coming august...time flies so fast Sad....
IceCreamTruck
nigam wrote:
ill be turning 31 this coming august...time flies so fast Sad....

It's ok man, turning 31 doesn't hurt... much. Turning 32, now that hurts really really bad! Smile
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
My mother used to accuse me of being immature all the time, and that to me was a great compliment. Twisted Evil

That's unfortunate.

I grew up in a bubble where I was scolded as a teen for normal exploratory behavior, and only as an adult looking backward can I see that I really wasn't acting out but simply wanted more input from the world around me because my mind was expanding and building my own world view that didn't want to have borders everywhere my parents wanted structure.

Really early on I figured out that my parents were concealing the real truth about life beyond the doors of our home, but it had already produced a lot of up-side-down behaviors that I've had to iron out as an adult. An example that doesn't really apply would be, some people get paid a lot of money to make funny voices, and they didn't learn to do that by being a quiet kid.

Try to even think of six funny voices you can make. I mean different accents, tone/pitch, slurring, or whatever produces six uniquely sounding character voices. If you can do six then maybe you should think about doing some voice-over work for children's programming.

I can do all of three basic character voices and still keep them unique, and I found myself in the strange position of reexamining my childhood, when I was approached to do voice-overs for a children's website, and wishing I had kept playing games like changing my voice for the entire day, which I was stopped from doing when I was a kid on day three, but if I had kept it up for a week I would have 7 character voices I could do! Smile
nepalstar
My age is in Hex = 1F, Dec = 31, Oct = 37 & Bin = 11111
Thank You...!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I can do all of three basic character voices and still keep them unique, and I found myself in the strange position of reexamining my childhood, when I was approached to do voice-overs for a children's website, and wishing I had kept playing games like changing my voice for the entire day, which I was stopped from doing when I was a kid on day three, but if I had kept it up for a week I would have 7 character voices I could do! Smile
Agreed. That is a bummer. One could probably still try and do it now, but that special magic as a kid to create things unique must be gone.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Agreed. That is a bummer. One could probably still try and do it now, but that special magic as a kid to create things unique must be gone.

On top of that being an adult about things is a habit. I want to develop the habit of looking at the world through a kids eyes again, and that extreme imagination is definitely not present because our minds, as adults, think they know about everything they see. This is why I like space so much... there are still things that amaze me and I get to sit in my ignorance and wonder. I feel I know too much about the immediate world around me to really observe things for all their glory now.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
On top of that being an adult about things is a habit. I want to develop the habit of looking at the world through a kids eyes again, and that extreme imagination is definitely not present because our minds, as adults, think they know about everything they see.
Right .... we have been ruined for life! Twisted Evil

Actually, if you are prepared to work very hard there are people who can train you in the power of visualization through developing the art of "image streaming" like at the Website below:
CreativeThinking

I'm not that good with it, but I'm sure if one worked with a coach and provided one kept it up with plenty of practice, that it will have the same effect as thinking with a child's more open mind.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:

Actually, if you are prepared to work very hard there are people who can train you in the power of visualization through developing the art of "image streaming" like at the Website below:
CreativeThinking

I'm not that good with it, but I'm sure if one worked with a coach and provided one kept it up with plenty of practice, that it will have the same effect as thinking with a child's more open mind.

This is actually what I wish I had more time to do. Anything like this is more fun to me than going to work and just doing the same thing over and over. I am, by nature, an innovator, and at times I have changed things for the better, but I feel distracted from the thinking that leads to innovation by mundane tasks and daily chores.

I actually hate my adult life because it's so far from what I imagined I would be doing when I was a kid. I didn't want to be an astronaut... just an engineer either civil or mechanical, but probably not chemical engineer like my father. It could be worse because I am in software, but still.

The reality of my life is that all the time is eaten up with regular computer work, chores, and free time activities. Little time left over to revolutionize my life, or to go back to engineering school which I have never attempted, but part of my fear there is that I will only get another career that I don't like because I don't feel I get to innovate enough.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
but part of my fear there is that I will only get another career that I don't like because I don't feel I get to innovate enough.
Good point, probably better to spend any spare time on finding how to innovate what you are involved in. Most people are pretty much in the same situation as you are I think, except maybe they just don't think about it as much.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
but part of my fear there is that I will only get another career that I don't like because I don't feel I get to innovate enough.
Good point, probably better to spend any spare time on finding how to innovate what you are involved in. Most people are pretty much in the same situation as you are I think, except maybe they just don't think about it as much.

I wish I could just blindly except life, and faith. I, too often, am conflicted on life and faith. At least being self-destructive when I get like that is something I left in my childhood, so now eventually the feelings subside, and I can go back to my boring job without much inner turmoil.

One of these days soon I will break out of this and work for myself! I'm building a software company now... let's just hope I can get it done before I die! Smile No plans to die, but s*** happens.
Utopia GFR
I used this website to calculate my age and convert it to other time units :
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/time.htm

I'm about 1166832000 seconds, or 1166832000000000 microseconds Laughing

Happy Easter everyone!

cybersa wrote:

My Age 17.
cedric84
I'm 17 years old
cybersa
I'm also 17.
What's your date of birth?
Let me who is younger?.
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I wish I could just blindly except life, and faith. I, too often, am conflicted on life and faith. At least being self-destructive when I get like that is something I left in my childhood, so now eventually the feelings subside, and I can go back to my boring job without much inner turmoil.

One of these days soon I will break out of this and work for myself! I'm building a software company now... let's just hope I can get it done before I die! Smile No plans to die, but s*** happens.

The following quote sums up a major element of the way I look at life...

Fight Club, movie 1999
Tyler Durden wrote:
Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life.

Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it?

Do you read everything you're supposed to read?
Do you think every thing you're supposed to think?
Buy what you're told to want?

Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive.

If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.

If you cannot change the way you earn your money fella, can you maybe change the way you view it instead?
To me, work is simply a necessary distraction required to pay for the things I really want to do in my life. I just zone into whatever is paying me the most money available at any given point in my working life and play the part of an actor for however many hours I'm paid to.
I don't give a toss what society says I should be or what I should own, I chase what is really important to me...enjoying the things that make me happy with the people who I love and who love me back.

I'm not advocating quit your job irrationally, or start a fight with a stranger, but the freedom I've felt inside when I've tactically moved jobs (even temporarily at a lower wage working a 'stop gap') vastly outweighs the burden of feeling as a neo slave with no other options.
I'm not advocting start a fight unjustifiably either, but I've enjoyed many controlled fights with friends in our own 'fight clubs' in the closed gym over the years. I've got some scars on my nose which I look at every morning before work in the mirror and I smile to myself when I remember the blows I took from my giant of a friend who struck me. I remember the impacts and the energy as it travelled through my skull and especially optic nerve - a flash if you like. But I also remember the respect for each other over a couple of cold pints at the pub after the fight ended in a blood/laughter filled draw with the two of us in an unbreakable hold which would have taken more energy to finish than either of us had!

...when we push our own boundaries we always see our own strengths, take a look at yours and consider how gutted you'd feel saying 'I wish I'd tried X or Y'
Navigator
Insanity wrote:
I am just turning 21. Time to start partying and drinking all the time.

Wise man has a wise nickname.
foumy6
I am 15 soon to be 16
IceCreamTruck
foumy6 wrote:
I am 15 soon to be 16

Are you a member of the family von Trapp par chance? lol
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I am 15 soon to be 16

Must be the missing member .... Rolling Eyes Laughing
robinio_1965
Well let this granddad also make a post here and be for now the oldest that post.

My age is 45 and counting. With already 3 grandchildren i've made sure the next generation for Frihost is growing up. Hopefully by then the site still exist.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I am 15 soon to be 16

Must be the missing member .... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Look... knowing the sound of music by heart shouldn't affect my manhood!!! Everyone has a mom, but I also had a sister, so between the two of them I must have seen that movie a million or so times. I liked it better than Anne of Green Gables because it actually had some suspense. The music from that movie just gets in your head after a while!

Thanks for not poking fun at me, Dean! Not that you ever do
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I'm a great fan of Christopher Plummer's. So watched the movie too. Parts of it were not too bad either. The nun's chorus was chill stuff, and I liked that song by the Mother Superior - Climb Every Mountain. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I'm a great fan of Christopher Plummer's. So watched the movie too. Parts of it were not too bad either. The nun's chorus was chill stuff, and I liked that song by the Mother Superior - Climb Every Mountain. Very Happy

Sadly, I know exactly what you are talking about. I think that's one of my favorites too, which my brain plays for me every once and a while out of the blue. I was humming "I am sixteen going on seventeen" yesterday till I got upset with myself for having that stuck in my head. lol

Be careful of this music... it does get stuck in your head, and it's good music, but it's days of popularity are WAY behind us. Actually this conversation is making me feel old. We should talk about Captain America! Smile
Possum
Im 52. Hey Umm that if I remember correctly. himmmmmmmm

Hey I might be the oldest person here. lol
komkom
I'm 16
IceCreamTruck
Possum wrote:
Im 52. Hey Umm that if I remember correctly. himmmmmmmm

Hey I might be the oldest person here. lol

You don't look that old in your profile picture! Smile