FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer starts up, monitor has no signal

omfgitsnervo
I tried to find an answer somewhere else on this page, tried all viable options none seemed to work so I'm just asking if anyone can have any input.
Brand new pc specs are as follows:
M4A87TD evo MOBO
ram 2x4GB G skill
Amd 6950 Graphics card
Antec 750 W
Seageate 1Tb 7200 RPM
AMP 965 black processor

Like the topic says i can get the computer to start fans graphics card etc but the monitor isn't receiving a signal. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
cybersa
Plug your monitor cable in CPU not in Graphics Card.
To check whether your graphics card had a problem or monitor?
omfgitsnervo
cant plug monitor into cpu?
cybersa
All motherboard come with internal graphics card.
Connecte your monitor with motherboard.
adri
Normally if you turn on your screen there should be some message "Monitor working fine", well at least my desktop monitor does that. So if you are sure your monitor works, (you could always try to put another computer or laptop on the screen, to check if it works) you check your cables. Pull out the monitor currentcable and plug it back in, same for the the wire to your case. Normally your graphics card has certain output ports like VGA, DVI, etc. Make sure you put your cable in the right output and tighten the connection by screwing the screws. Smile

That should work. Smile

Quote:
Plug your monitor cable in CPU not in Graphics Card.

What he probably means is that your motherboard has an I/O panel on the outside of your case, where you connect your mouse, keyboard, sound, etc. This I/O panel could have video output ports too, like in this photo:

Source: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1024/asus_io.jpg

Which enables you to also have a screen without using a graphics card. Smile

adri
omfgitsnervo
the mobo i am using (the M4A87TD evo) doesn't have a slot for the monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImage=13-131-647-TS&SpinSet=13-131-647-RS&ISList=13-131-647-Z01%2c13-131-647-Z02%2c13-131-647-Z03%2c13-131-647-Z04%2c13-131-647-Z05&S7ImageFlag=1&Item=N82E16813131647&Depa=0&WaterMark=1&Description=ASUS%20M4A87TD%20EVO%20AM3%20AMD%20870%20SATA%206Gb%2fs%20USB%203.0%20ATX%20AMD%20Motherboard
omfgitsnervo
the monitor i am using works fine i was just using it the other day and i checked it again on my old pc so it's not that. gonna strip the new one down and try rebuilding it see if that gets me anywhere
mukesh
not signal in monitor if means 1st check Processor and Ram. Then after one by one ram to use and check then check motherboard.
FunDa
Problem can be in one or more of Three places

1) Monitor

2) Cable from monitor to CPU/graphics card

3) Graphics card/inbuilt graphics card of motherboard

First make sure the monitor and its cable are working fine by trying out on another working comouter.

Use the cable and he monitor on the working computer's CPU.

once that is made sure to be working fine, then see if the problem is there in the motherboard/ graphicd card
portoskt
just reinstall your operating system, thats all you need to do
Helios
omfgitsnervo wrote:
I tried to find an answer somewhere else on this page, tried all viable options none seemed to work so I'm just asking if anyone can have any input.
Brand new pc specs are as follows:
M4A87TD evo MOBO
ram 2x4GB G skill
Amd 6950 Graphics card
Antec 750 W
Seageate 1Tb 7200 RPM
AMP 965 black processor

Like the topic says i can get the computer to start fans graphics card etc but the monitor isn't receiving a signal. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Had this problem myself recently. I disassembled the whole rig except the CPU, meaning RAM, video card and hard disks - out and back in. Everything worked fine afterwards. I wonder what's the cause though...
airh3ad
1. check the cable VGA
2. check the Video card
3. check the power of the VGA
4. uninstall the drivers and e-installed
5. apply for the warranty if ever
6. if not work better to call Technician.
jwellsy
Do you get the single beep post during the boot up?

Have you tried booting up into the BIOS?
lifeplaysu420
have you removed ur grafix card an just used onbord card ??, also if that works check in bios for configs check see if set right.
Aredon
omfgitsnervo wrote:
the monitor i am using works fine i was just using it the other day and i checked it again on my old pc so it's not that. gonna strip the new one down and try rebuilding it see if that gets me anywhere

You need to figure out if it's reaching post. When you turn the computer on, is there a system speaker beep? Does your keyboard's numlock light turn on? Does the CPU fan spin up? Does the video card fan spin up? These are questions that need answered. Smile

If it's reaching post (system speaker beep, keyboard lights on, hard drive light blinking), then it's likely your video card or power supply.

If it's not reaching post its the motherboard, power supply, or CPU.
portoskt
probably mainboard problem, just maybe graphic card...
menino
Check you motherboard manual, if there is a hardware switch for setting the type of vga card used, either pciExpress or AGP.
Perhaps that is not automatic.

Another thing to try, is to ensure that the graphics card is set in properly.

Yet another thing to try, is use another monitor.... I've had this problem with some servers.

By the way, not all motherboards come with a vga port.