FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Glenn Beck getting fired from FOX. Boycott works

handfleisch
Glenn Beck is having to leave FOX propaganda network, his ratings have been plummeting and also his advertisers have fled after a long-going boycott. The progressive forces organizing the boycott say this knock out of Beck is just round one. An awesome victory for sanity in the public dialogue

Quote:
Glenn Beck's Post-Fox Future
Advertiser boycott looms over talk of new TV network

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/digital/e3i27c212b6ed514676e42ba6449a486fd2

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-07/news/29408463_1_hatred-for-white-people-glenn-beck-deep-seated-hatred
IceCreamTruck
I wasn't paying attention... what did he do that was any worse than any other network? It's all a business to them... I don't watch.
handfleisch
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I wasn't paying attention... what did he do that was any worse than any other network? It's all a business to them... I don't watch.

I agree, it's all (dirty) business to them. Beck was the worst on the station, and he hit bottom when he said Obama has "a deep seated hatred for white people". A decent, responsible network would have fired him the next day
IceCreamTruck
handfleisch wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I agree, it's all (dirty) business to them. Beck was the worst on the station, and he hit bottom when he said Obama has "a deep seated hatred for white people". A decent, responsible network would have fired him the next day

Oh, that guy! lol ... yup, off with his head. Are you looking at me... off with YOUR head! My head hurts... off with MY head! no wait!
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
The progressive forces organizing the boycott say this knock out of Beck is just round one.

Wait... progressives watch fox at all?
You do know that you have to watch a show to start with in order to call not watching it a boycott, right?

I'd be more inclined to call this a victory for moderate conservatives, versus their (apparently huge) lunatic fringe.
jmi256
Fired? While the Left seems to be happy claiming their latest attempt at censorship has been fruitful, it looks like he’s still producing shows for Fox. And from what I hear his production company is contemplating a new channel, while also scaling up existing ventures. His show had one of the highest ratings for FOX, so it sure sounds more like he’s going off and making more and more $$ thanks to the attention the Left has lavished on the guy. Looks like the Left is really “winning.” Rolling Eyes

BTW, you may want to check your sources and find something lest than a hit-piece from a fringe lefty. At least the author eventually acknowledges his bias and history of attacks on Beck on the second page:

Quote:
The anti-Beck coalition includes one-man operations such as Angelo Carusone’s Stopbeck.com and well-organized national groups such as Media Matters for America, Color of Change and Jewish Funds for Justice. (Full disclosure: The author conducts research for Media Matters.)

Quote:
Alexander Zaitchik is a freelance journalist and the author of Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance.

Source = http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/digital/e3i27c212b6ed514676e42ba6449a486fd2?pn=2
deanhills
I don't see anything particularly meaningful in this except that it was a business decision. Ratings are down. Obviously Beck is not attracting the same size audiences any longer, the controversial is no longer controversial. No doubt Fox is looking for something that will get the ratings up again, so will be interesting to see who will be replacing Beck if that decision is made. Or whether they may drop the whole show.

From the links supplied in the OP, it would appear that Beck has his own show in mind. Sounds like a bad move to me. If the ratings are down, maybe he should pay attention that people aren't interested in him any longer.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I don't see anything particularly meaningful in this except that it was a business decision. Ratings are down. Obviously Beck is not attracting the same size audiences any longer, the controversial is no longer controversial. No doubt Fox is looking for something that will get the ratings up again, so will be interesting to see who will be replacing Beck if that decision is made. Or whether they may drop the whole show.

From the links supplied in the OP, it would appear that Beck has his own show in mind. Sounds like a bad move to me. If the ratings are down, maybe he should pay attention that people aren't interested in him any longer.

I honestly don't watch hardly any TV, but I think I actually saw live footage of him making his comment about Obama having hatred for white people. I think my reaction was literally to mumble "oh brother" because it really was just an inflammatory statement without factual backing. At best it's a hypothesis, and if you really believe that way then go get some evidence. "oh brother" because it's yet another media person who I feel might be making it the best interest of the nation to ignore them forever. You can't make atom bomb statements like that without being prepared to back it up, and it doesn't count if you want to follow it up at 11pm. It's a sales gimmick at that point -- at best -- and I vote we class action sue him for damages caused by false claims.
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
Fired? While the Left seems to be happy claiming their latest attempt at censorship has been fruitful, it looks like he’s still producing shows for Fox. And from what I hear his production company is contemplating a new channel, while also scaling up existing ventures. His show had one of the highest ratings for FOX, so it sure sounds more like he’s going off and making more and more $$ thanks to the attention the Left has lavished on the guy. Looks like the Left is really “winning.”
BTW, you may want to check your sources and find something lest than a hit-piece from a fringe lefty. At least the author eventually acknowledges his bias and history of attacks on Beck on the second page:

It's no surprise you support a lunatic-shill like Beck, but it's hilarious that you would call anyone biased.
gandalfthegrey
I am glad he is finally gone. I find him an insane conspiracy theorist that somehow got his own television show.
jmi256
I don't get Fox News, so I've never seen his show, but here is the segment in question found on YouTube. Seems far less offensive than many of the things we hear from Left-wing commentators and TV personalities who make racist and homophobic comments, or advocate violence toward those they disagree with. Whether Obama is a racist or not is up for debate, but you do have to question why he chooses to surround himself with other racists, such as Jeremiah Wright and Van Jones, and whether some of their racist and bigoted beliefs have made an impression on Obama, especially after spending decades surround by their racist nonsense.

IceCreamTruck
jmi256 wrote:
especially after spending decades surround by their racist nonsense.

We're all surrounded by "racist nonsense" all the time. This is the status quo. Goes hand it hand with constantly being surrounded by idiots with small world view. Our only hope is that their heads explode when they attempt to understand concepts like the "universe", but it usually fails in a "round" idea, square hole kind of problem that they do not have the ability to solve.

Honestly, I'm an equal opportunity hater: I hate all stupid/ignorant racist people equally.

Question: why are stupid people the loudest and the most likely to be intolerant of alternative viewpoints around them, or more likely to attempt to force their ideas on someone else?

I see stupid people everywhere... they don't even know they are stupid!

Actually I do know what part of the problem really is: we don't seem to be able to tell anyone they are wrong any more. The worst is when kids get told "good job" like a broken record when their efforts are obviously substandard, not even close to average, or just plan failures. Adults don't hear this as much, it's true, but adults aren't told they are wrong either. For everything someone does that is stupid there should be someone in their face yelling at them for being that dumb. example... driving while using a smart phone = not smart. If you hit something while messing with your phone you're an idiot. We've all heard the message that driving and texting is dangerous now it's time to listen, and this means doing anything other than putting the phone down and ignoring it until the drive is over is STUPID. Don't wait to think about that fact after you've hit something, or worse, killed someone. Sorry, this is just a good example of "everyone" being retarded, which generally, we are.
liljp617
In other news, viewers getting together and avoiding a show is censorship.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I honestly don't watch hardly any TV, but I think I actually saw live footage of him making his comment about Obama having hatred for white people. I think my reaction was literally to mumble "oh brother" because it really was just an inflammatory statement without factual backing. At best it's a hypothesis, and if you really believe that way then go get some evidence. "oh brother" because it's yet another media person who I feel might be making it the best interest of the nation to ignore them forever. You can't make atom bomb statements like that without being prepared to back it up, and it doesn't count if you want to follow it up at 11pm. It's a sales gimmick at that point -- at best -- and I vote we class action sue him for damages caused by false claims.
Right, but my point was that this type of stuff apparently had people interested. They loved to watch it as it was controversial, but somehow it's lost its entertainment value along the lines of .... boooring and now Fox wants to get rid of it. For all the reasons you have given, possibly this is a good sign, it's on its way out, and even better is the fact that people aren't watching his shows any longer. People aren't entertained by this guy any longer.
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:

Remember, sarcasm/satire doesn't work on weak minds.
jmi256
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

In other news, those who post smear pieces don’t bother reading their own sources, which admit that Beck’s ratings are through the roof compared to silly Left-wing pundits, and likeminded brainics fail to understand that this was an attempt at a boycott of advertisers, not viewership. This has to do with a small minority who doesn’t agree with what someone says or believes and instead of merely changing the channel work to have the voice silenced.
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

In other news, those who post smear pieces don’t bother reading their own sources, which admit that Beck’s ratings are through the roof compared to silly Left-wing pundits, and likeminded brainics fail to understand that this was an attempt at a boycott of advertisers, not viewership. This has to do with a small minority who doesn’t agree with what someone says or believes and instead of merely changing the channel work to have the voice silenced.

An advertiser boycott is a tool of democracy. Something you wouldn't understand. This particular boycott is working, which is why most major advertisers won't touch Beck anymore, why scores of advertisers have dropped him. It's why the pipe dream of a Beck network is a fantasy.

You call it a smear piece? Thanks for the laugh. It's impossible to smear Beck, he's too busy smearing himself. And people who still support him are fools.
jmi256
IceCreamTruck wrote:
We're all surrounded by "racist nonsense" all the time. This is the status quo. Goes hand it hand with constantly being surrounded by idiots with small world view. Our only hope is that their heads explode when they attempt to understand concepts like the "universe", but it usually fails in a "round" idea, square hole kind of problem that they do not have the ability to solve.

On the whole, I disagree with you; I would be hard pressed to find a single person I associate with who I would say is racist. But I think racism has been twisted even further by the Left to what some call ‘the soft racism of low expectations.’ This modern form of racism is the at the root of many Left-wing social programs founded on the notion of “well those people can’t possibly be expected to compete on a level playing field, and therefore they need….(fill in the gap). I see it all the time with liberals here in New York, who would trip over themselves to ‘prove’ they aren’t a racist, but have no problem claiming that black people on welfare just can’t help themselves “because of their situation” (code for being black) and need more and more government aid that ultimately keeps them in a cycle of poverty, broken families and alienation. I am more than ready and willing to treat every single person as my equal, and my politics pretty much follow that principle.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Honestly, I'm an equal opportunity hater: I hate all stupid/ignorant racist people equally.

Hate’s a strong word, and I don’t think you get anywhere hating anyone. But I definitely disagree with them, Despite my objection to their beliefs and words, I do believe in the Right to Free Speech, and therefore I would defend their right to say whatever vile and idiotic things they choose to.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Question: why are stupid people the loudest and the most likely to be intolerant of alternative viewpoints around them, or more likely to attempt to force their ideas on someone else?

You mean like the OP of this thread? Or those who would rather silence those they disagree with, setting an example for others who might also disagree? Take a look at what end of the political spectrum these people tend to reside on.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I see stupid people everywhere... they don't even know they are stupid!

Actually I do know what part of the problem really is: we don't seem to be able to tell anyone they are wrong any more. The worst is when kids get told "good job" like a broken record when their efforts are obviously substandard, not even close to average, or just plan failures. Adults don't hear this as much, it's true, but adults aren't told they are wrong either. For everything someone does that is stupid there should be someone in their face yelling at them for being that dumb. example... driving while using a smart phone = not smart. If you hit something while messing with your phone you're an idiot. We've all heard the message that driving and texting is dangerous now it's time to listen, and this means doing anything other than putting the phone down and ignoring it until the drive is over is STUPID. Don't wait to think about that fact after you've hit something, or worse, killed someone. Sorry, this is just a good example of "everyone" being retarded, which generally, we are.

Again, I disagree with you on the whole, but there are parts where I can at least see your logic. The problem isn’t that we can’t or are unable tell someone they are stupid or wrong, but rather that many are unwilling to do so. The Left does a pretty good job of associating any disagreement with their backward policies and general stupidity with unassociated topics and labeling those who disagree with derogatory names, and therefore many people either don’t engage in any meaningful debate because it’s frustrating, get caught up in stupid back and forth with people like handfleisch and Bikerman (I have to admit I often do this, but I like showing how idiotic their arguments are) or they simply avoid the whole thing to avoid being labeled. For example, someone may disagree with Obama’s policies on X, Y and Z, but as soon as those disagreements are voiced, some kook swoops in with charges that the person who dared not parrot the party line is a racist, birther, bigot, etc. Then the person spends most of their time defending themselves from the false charges that the original disagreement gets lost. And despite lodging these accusation on others, those on the Left will hypocritically fight tooth and nail if you simply point out their own acts.
IceCreamTruck
Thanks for the response, Jmi256, I appriciate it, and I think you are right on about most everything you said including the fact that some of my statements are close minded.

Allow me to elaborate on one thought, but I don't have time right now for much more. I will follow up all of your statements at some other time. For now you are well thought, and, I feel, a good citizen.

Are you, however, trading your right to be opinionated for impotence on all subjects? Sure, it's a free country, and ANYONE can say WHATEVER they like as far as I'm concerned, without exception (except threatening people is wrong), but I reserve the right to hate them for what they said all the same and I also reserve the right to hold a grudge.

I loath Dick Cheney because he merely suggested using our special forces to attack american soldiers and make it look like the Iraqi soldiers did it to justify the war with Iraq. It didn't happen -- that one time -- but I still reserve the right to curse every time his name comes up on anything political, and I exercise my right to also be vocal and utilize my right to free speech against his efforts. I will never stop him physically, so it's up to the American people to not elect him to any more offices, or worse, to the presidency which he'd love to get his greedy little hands on.

I just feel like you aren't allowing yourself to say you're right and their wrong. Granted, this is where a lot of the problems we face spring out from, but it also has to do with where you draw the line that determines when it's time for you to stop talking and fight for what you believe. I'm very outspoken about the fact that there are freedoms which are threatened even now that I am willing to fight to protect, including free speech, and for me there is a line in the sand that if they cross will end all debate in my opinion and I'll stop talking and fight.

I stand by my comments that you are a well thought out person, and said some good things that needed to be said, even in opposition to me, but I am curious if you've listened to your true feelings and decided what you want and are willing to fight for. It sounds like they can keep encroaching on you and your rights and all you will do about it is debate further.

Get smart, and get opinionated on subjects that really matter. Do not flinch when you look the enemy in the eye and tell them that if they cross that line you intend on making sure they die for their country. Convince people that merely approaching the line with malicious intent will be interpreted as an act of aggression and will be met with swift force of any magnitude required to return the status quo freedoms that we have grown to love and enjoy and share with the world. Then follow that up with nice death glare as you look down at their feet and back up again as if checking to see if they crossed the line right then. Be ready to fight, show them you are ready to fight, and you won't have to.

Do not fear... your retaliation is expected across a border that I have not established any ground rules for. Back and forth is more fun, and I don't feel you are hostile to what I said, but listened just as I have listened to you.

(looks down at your feet and back up again) ... just kidding. Please comment whatever you like, but try to answer this: Where do you draw the line in the sand? Tell me an issue that you are willing to fight so hard you might die for! Your last post lacked this energy, and I'm feeling you out in text, so to speak, because I don't think this is all there is below your surface.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

Instead of changing the channel, they got together and did something about what they disagreed with. Kind of like Glenn Beck and his avid supporters. Imagine that. Glenn Beck was a fear-mongering conspiracy theorist with no place in informing the general public. He'll have to find another medium to spew nonsense from that fried brain of his. How unfortunate...and none of that has anything to do with left or right. A nut is a nut.

If it was a small minority, advertisers wouldn't have cared.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
If it was a small minority, advertisers wouldn't have cared.
This is the bottom line for me all the way. Fox was catering to an audience that was responsible for high ratings, and great income. Beck is a result of what the audience wanted, almost like an ugly pimple of sorts. So now that the ratings have dropped, Beck may be on his way out. For me that could be a good sign, as perhaps his audience are no longer thrilled by his kind of controversial reporting (if one could call it that). Or maybe they have got too used to it, are bored, and need another "Beck" to take over? Would be interesting to see whether Beck will be dropped, and who will be replacing him. And what the results will be.
jwellsy
What has Beck been wrong about that is so egregious?
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:

he doesn't like black people
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
jwellsy wrote:

Are you both joking?

liljp617, I figure you must be joking, since you probably know that is not a fair summary of Beck at all.

jwellsy, since you seem rather well acquainted with right wing ideas and conspiracy theories, can you truly unaware of the nature of Glenn Beck's show, his history, or even the info so far in this thread?
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
jwellsy wrote:

Are you both joking?

liljp617, I figure you must be joking, since you probably know that is not a fair summary of Beck at all.

jwellsy, since you seem rather well acquainted with right wing ideas and conspiracy theories, can you truly unaware of the nature of Glenn Beck's show, his history, or even the info so far in this thread?

I'm joking of course. A play on Beck labeling Obama as a person who hates white people Rolling Eyes
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
I'm joking of course. A play on Beck labeling Obama as a person who hates white people

ok sorry about that, though you must admit it was rather dry
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
I'm joking of course. A play on Beck labeling Obama as a person who hates white people

ok sorry about that, though you must admit it was rather dry

It's what I do Wink
Navigator
Wow, now I am concern! Who's gonna replace this guy?
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
Palin? Twisted Evil Or is she going to try for the Presidency?
Navigator
deanhills wrote:
Navigator wrote:
Palin? Twisted Evil Or is she going to try for the Presidency?

Trump/Palin 2012

Beck is replaced with Alex Jones

Anxious Anxious Anxious
deanhills
Handfleisch has to approve! Twisted Evil

This one also looks interesting, but probably quite long, I still have to watch it, maybe this weekend:

Bikerman
Alex Jones is always good for a giggle. He seems to have had a massive dose of conspiracy serum as a child and never got over it. Any slightly unusual (or better yet, newsworthy) event is sure to attract his attentions and be woven into his anti-semitic, anti-just about everything stories and nightmares.
The only slightly sad thing is that he makes is so easy for officialdom to get away with genuine misdeeds. 'Just another Jones rant' is enough to persuade many that an allegation is groundless.
IceCreamTruck
Trump/Palin... is that a ticket? OMG! I can't believe trump would go for that... he's a business man, so I don't see him on the same ticket with her, unless of course he treats the election like his hair, and ignores all logic and reason that he used to build his empire.
Navigator
Maybe White House Apprentice is on the works? Thats a very modern way to select the WH staff.
liljp617
Trump should stick to what he knows. And that's not politics.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
The only slightly sad thing is that he makes is so easy for officialdom to get away with genuine misdeeds. 'Just another Jones rant' is enough to persuade many that an allegation is groundless.
Did you check out his show about the "Secrets of the Royal Wedding Exposed"? Very Happy

I must say one good thing about him is that he gets so excited about what he is saying, one can't help but keep awake while he is ranting. Lots of entertainment value, and I can understand why Fox picked him.
Bikerman
Yes, I watched the first few mins - full of distortion and plain lies. I am no Royalist - I would happily get rid of the lot of them - but Jones is simply lying in much of what he says. This is the thing I find hard to stomache about him - he really does not care whether what he says is actually true - so long as it gets a reaction. He never retracts or corrects the miriad of untruths he has told. This means that he has no credibility and I suspect that even the most ardent conspiracy theorists will pretty soon get fed-up with him.

PS - the idea that the Queen 'sacked' the Canadian and Australian governments had everyone in the staff-room roaring with laughter. What he actually means is :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/3568990/Canadian-leader-suspends-Parliament-to-keep-power.html

The queen probably never even heard about it until much later when she would have been briefed by her ministers.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
Yes, I watched the first few mins - full of distortion and plain lies. I am no Royalist - I would happily get rid of the lot of them - but Jones is simply lying in much of what he says. This is the thing I find hard to stomache about him - he really does not care whether what he says is actually true - so long as it gets a reaction. He never retracts or corrects the miriad of untruths he has told. This means that he has no credibility and I suspect that even the most ardent conspiracy theorists will pretty soon get fed-up with him.
Agreed. All of it is mostly for entertainment. The facts are all subject to that main objective.

Bikerman wrote:
PS - the idea that the Queen 'sacked' the Canadian and Australian governments had everyone in the staff-room roaring with laughter. What he actually means is :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/3568990/Canadian-leader-suspends-Parliament-to-keep-power.html

The queen probably never even heard about it until much later when she would have been briefed by her ministers.
Right. He does seem to have given the Royals powers that even the Royals would have been impressed with and they never thought they had. Very Happy
liljp617
Has there been some official announcement that Jones is replacing Beck, because I can't seem to find such an announcement.

That seems like a really pointless replacement...why would advertisers support Jones if they pulled their ads from Beck's show? Jones is like Beck on steroids. Advertisers aren't idiots.
Navigator
liljp617 wrote:
Has there been some official announcement that Jones is replacing Beck, because I can't seem to find such an announcement.

That seems like a really pointless replacement...why would advertisers support Jones if they pulled their ads from Beck's show? Jones is like Beck on steroids. Advertisers aren't idiots.

Sorry this got out of hand, it was a lame joke on my part. Of course they aren't doing this as neither are Trump/Palin the GOP ticket for 2012, well...not yet.

And yes, Jones is COINTELPRO himself, check out this vid.

deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Jones is like Beck on steroids.
Hillarious ... but completely on the mark. Must say I really thought he replaced Beck, so thanks for correcting that. Any idea yet who is going to replace Beck, or whether, indeed, he is to be replaced?
IceCreamTruck
Fox has only announced that their new host will deliver their usual line of inflammatory political remarks, will not have an artistic bone in his body, and is not expected to have a soul. The actual identity of possible candidates is largely speculative but possibilities include: Jones, George "dubyah" Bush, Palin (if she breaks from presidential campaigning), Mike Tyson, Peewee Herman, Cruella Deville, Dick Cheney (they can't pay him what he's asking though), Brak from Space Ghost (I hope they pick him), Gargamel who harassed the smurfs for untold centuries, Kim Jong Il, and they are still hoping to get Genghis Khan and/or the prince of darkness himself, Satan.

Record setting lows produced by Cheney, Cruella, and the prince of darkness are in light of the announcement of their candidacy, and in hopes that it will boost their numbers before Fox's decision is handed down.

Mike Tyson, Peewee Herman, and Brak began by writing lies about Obama to compete with the "Obama hates whites" statement that recently saw a two viewer rise in Fox's existing viewership, so they are looking to repeat those numbers early. They came up with:
"Obama smells like feet"
"Obama wears panties"
and
"Obama likes girls"

Fox doesn't think they'll see quite the same 2 viewer increase that "Obama hates whites" got them, but they are rumored to be going with "Obama likes girls" later this month.

Breaking news: Satan has been dropped by Fox as a possible candidate as the question of his soul was brought up, and although not credited with possessing an actual soul, the comparison was made and everyone agreed Satan has more soul than Brak, Palin and Cheney combined, so Satan is out of the running. This laid to rest the question of the prince of darkness's partial truth lying which runs in direct conflict with Fox's usual "completely in the wrong" stance on politics and life in general.

LOL... this was fun to write!!! Smile NOOOOO! I'm not bitter! rofl
Navigator
Yesterday I went to bed thinking about this thread, I was feeling bad because a couple of the forum members believed in a bad joke I cracked, but certainly speaks volumes of Fox News when people think of AJ as a real possible replacement for Beck.

Then I started thinking about possible replacements, and with this thought I fell asleep. Anyways, this morning I woke up to a horrendous nightmare, I was having one of those dreams where you can't remember anything but the feeling, the kind of feeling as bad as a horrendous case of hemorrhoids, the words that came out of my mouth with disgust and fear were: Rush Limbaugh.
ocalhoun
liljp617 wrote:

Pointless... Unless they weren't concerned about the boycott to begin with...

Or, even if they are, perhaps they assume that it will end (at least for a while) because the boycotting people nominally got what they wanted.

IceCreamTruck wrote:

Breaking news: Satan has been dropped by Fox as a possible candidate as the question of his soul was brought up, and although not credited with possessing an actual soul, the comparison was made and everyone agreed Satan has more soul than Brak, Palin and Cheney combined, so Satan is out of the running.

Duh. Satan may not have a soul of his own, but he's got lots of other people's souls.

(Though, soul or no soul, I think a show hosted by Satan would have pretty good ratings, though probably a lot would have to be censored for broadcast.)
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
Yesterday I went to bed thinking about this thread, I was feeling bad because a couple of the forum members believed in a bad joke I cracked, but certainly speaks volumes of Fox News when people think of AJ as a real possible replacement for Beck.
No worries! I got to look up Jones and was thoroughly entertained by him. Very Happy

Navigator wrote:
Anyways, this morning I woke up to a horrendous nightmare, I was having one of those dreams where you can't remember anything but the feeling, the kind of feeling as bad as a horrendous case of hemorrhoids, the words that came out of my mouth with disgust and fear were: Rush Limbaugh.
I don't think Rush Limbaugh would be interested, but I looked him up too, exactly why would he give you any nightmares? I think he would be a brilliant choice!!! Twisted Evil

IceCreamTruck
Rush says some right things in the most wrong way possible. I don't usually like to split hairs with people on this, and I don't require everyone to be right all of the time, but Rush is so full of himself it grosses me out.

Generally it would be hard to argue with Rush, he plans his statements so it's stupid to argue with him, and people get torn up when they try. I just wish he'd deflate his ego... He's like a Diva in a man's body. He needs his ass kicked! Pardon my french!
Navigator
deanhills wrote:
exactly why would he give you any nightmares? I think he would be a brilliant choice!!! Twisted Evil

Argh!, don't say that, I am having flashes of that nightmare! Shocked Shocked

*runs away*
IceCreamTruck
Navigator wrote:
deanhills wrote:
exactly why would he give you any nightmares? I think he would be a brilliant choice!!! Twisted Evil

*runs away*

What's the problem with putting a "never pay attention to him" rush on a "never pay attention to it" network?? Seems like a match made in heaven to me cause I probably won't have to live with all three of the viewers that would enjoy watching that show.
Navigator
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Navigator wrote:
deanhills wrote:

*runs away*

What's the problem with putting a "never pay attention to him" rush on a "never pay attention to it" network?? Seems like a match made in heaven to me cause I probably won't have to live with all three of the viewers that would enjoy watching that show.

Can you really ignore a blatant example of what is wrong with America?