FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Recover/undelete Files Aplication

Amsilva
Have a big problem with my pc now, so i am asking your opinions..
WHAT IS THE BEST RECOVER/UNDELETE FILES APLICATION FOR WINDOWS XP?
I formated c:, but i lost my files at D: E: F: - Partitions pufffffff, all gone..
Laughing Laughing
my last change is recuperation files with a revover/undelete aplication, but what the best one to use??

Some tips and advices???
tanks
progman89
If you want something free, I've used SectorSpy before and found it very reliable, though it is time-consuming. You can get it here: http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?12500000037741
Another program that's worked well for me is Restoration:
http://www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=106926&a=7119871&tag=197233&loc=1
James007
I use PC Inspector File Recovery. It is very good and guess what... FREEWARE!!

I wish you good luck with recovering your files Smile

James Smile
Amsilva
Tanks!
I have read that can not restore my files for the same disc, if so i will lose my data integraty, because it re-writes under the delete file.... etc...etc...

My problem is that i had some partitions, but now i only have c:. So if i restor my data only can do it for c:\

Any one Knows a way to restore files in this case?

(Some one said me that i have to connect to another or pc or another hard-disc (a Usb har-disc for example) - That is the most secure way for recover my lost files, but i dont have nether another pc nether a USB disc...
Crying or Very sad

Tanks
Rhysige
If you dont have access to another method of storing the data eg. Floppy, thumb drive, USB HDD, network drive. Then you would have to just pick out the files you like most and hope that it doesnt over write stuff you want to keep. However! there warnings on this are valid so I suggest you try to borrow a storage device from a friend/family
Amsilva
Dont have no one near to help me. Only have a USB pen, but i have a lots of photo/clips video files of my 5 months kid... maybe 20G... i cant loss them.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well i was thinking in buy a USB Hard-Disc. That's the only way to make things rigt...

Well, do you know some chip e-store in Europe do buy it?
Amsilva
I used the "UNDELETE" aplication... Not perfect but it worked. Had to buy a external drive, and now i have to restore folders one by one. I have created discs images, something that toke +/- 78 hours of none-stop working pc... But the most important is that the files i wonted to restore i get it...
Tanks to you all guys for the help!