FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


BlackBerry PlayBook VS iPad, enjoy DVD/Video with a tablet P





wzhang48
<removed spam>
IceCreamTruck
Wow, I read the review on the new blackberry device, and I'm only unimpressed because it's not android. So far I've heard nothing but doom and gloom from the blackberry OS compatibility field although the device you describe has most of the goodies that anyone could want.

I'm opting for an Android, or windows 7 tablet of some kind.

Wow, because I didn't have time to read the other sections... that's a lot of info
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Wow, I read the review on the new blackberry device, and I'm only unimpressed because it's not android. So far I've heard nothing but doom and gloom from the blackberry OS compatibility field although the device you describe has most of the goodies that anyone could want.

I'm opting for an Android, or windows 7 tablet of some kind.

Wow, because I didn't have time to read the other sections... that's a lot of info
What do you mean when you say android? Would Apple's iPad be an android for example?
adri
Android is a Operating System from Google for Smartphones and tablets, similar with Windows Mobile or the Apple iOS. Smile

If someone says 'I got an Android' they just mean that there phone has the Android OS installed on it. I got a HTC WIldfire with Android 2.2 (named Froyo) for example. Smile Working great by the way.

P.S.: I reported the starting post for being a SPAM post. Wink


adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
Android is a Operating System from Google for Smartphones and tablets, similar with Windows Mobile or the Apple iOS. Smile

If someone says 'I got an Android' they just mean that there phone has the Android OS installed on it. I got a HTC WIldfire with Android 2.2 (named Froyo) for example. Smile Working great by the way.
Thanks for the explanation Adri. Looks as though I am way behind in phone technology. I have a very old Nokia with zero bells and whistles. I can phone and receive calls but not much more than that. I'm happy with it though. I'm not a big phone user. And the battery of course lasts forever.
adri
deanhills wrote:
adri wrote:
Android is a Operating System from Google for Smartphones and tablets, similar with Windows Mobile or the Apple iOS. Smile

If someone says 'I got an Android' they just mean that there phone has the Android OS installed on it. I got a HTC WIldfire with Android 2.2 (named Froyo) for example. Smile Working great by the way.
Thanks for the explanation Adri. Looks as though I am way behind in phone technology. I have a very old Nokia with zero bells and whistles. I can phone and receive calls but not much more than that. I'm happy with it though. I'm not a big phone user. And the battery of course lasts forever.


I had, and still have actually, a Nokia 1100. Like yours, it doesn't do more than texting and calling (and Snake II Very Happy )and the battery indeed lasts forever (definitely in comparison with my HTC Wildfire although it has a good battery for smartphones). I wanted a Smartphone because of the internet function and which is incredibly handy if I want to check Frihost during classes Razz. And I wanted Android because of the Android Market which is something like the iTunes store but with Applications for your Smartphone powered by Android OS.

My old phone:


My new phone:



adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
I had, and still have actually, a Nokia 1100. Like yours, it doesn't do more than texting and calling (and Snake II Very Happy )and the battery indeed lasts forever (definitely in comparison with my HTC Wildfire although it has a good battery for smartphones).
I have EXACTLY the same phone - including colour as your Nokia 1100. It was hilarious when I opened your post, as I was looking at a photo of my own phone. Very Happy I bought it in 2004. So it's REALLY old by cell phone standards. I liked it so much at the time when I bought it because of the battery life, as well as the really low cost that I purchased two more. One of the extra ones is for when I visit South Africa, as I like to keep my contact numbers for South Africa separate since I have so many of them. The second one is for travelling to any other country. They are still in excellent condition.

adri wrote:
I wanted a Smartphone because of the internet function and which is incredibly handy if I want to check Frihost during classes Razz. And I wanted Android because of the Android Market which is something like the iTunes store but with Applications for your Smartphone powered by Android OS.
That makes great sense to me. The iTunes would be attractive to me too. If I were attending classes like you are, I'd definitely go for something like this.
IceCreamTruck
adri wrote:
incredibly handy if I want to check Frihost during classes Razz


Because classes are no where near as important!! Smile Seriously, nothing they can say would make any class worth more than a quick read in frihost. I think that it's less about frihost having all the information in the world, and more about frihosters being so cool, and classes being overshadowed by corporations that care nothing about the students learning.
ocalhoun
wzhang48 wrote:
<removed spam>


Spammers are removing their own spam now?
Well, that's convenient.

Well, at least I'll make sure it's in the right forum, since it seems to be an okay thread anyway.
adri
ocalhoun wrote:
wzhang48 wrote:
<removed spam>

Spammers are removing their own spam now?
Well, that's convenient.


I doubt the member edited his own message... Razz

Quote:

Well, at least I'll make sure it's in the right forum, since it seems to be an okay thread anyway.


While you're at it, change the title too if you can, maybe to something more appropriate than that SPAM-title. Razz For example: Mobile Operating Systems Makes this thread a whole lot nicer when you're browsing the forums. Smile


adri Smile
IceCreamTruck
The mysterious title may be the reason we are here though... If you change it then people might just skip the topic. We could move on a to a thread that actually has an opening message. This is all thread now, and no talking point. Someone could try and hijack it, but you can't hijack something that no longer has a destination.

Oh no! Here come the iOS users to steal it away when we were just getting going on how cool android is, and how it has thwarted apple's good hardware and solid customer support to become the most dominant cell phone OS on the planet! Smile (soon to be challenged only by windows7)

Is apple taking this one laying down, or do they even notice that iPhone 5 is too late, and will probably ship with substandard parts just like the iPad2. I thought by now I'd own an ipad... but they are just stupid about the cameras. I ended up investing in a new laptop, and an android tablet is shortly to follow as only the first ipad impressed me, and that was short lived.

Belay that... it may very well be a windows7 tablet if they get on the ball.
ocalhoun
adri wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
wzhang48 wrote:
<removed spam>

Spammers are removing their own spam now?
Well, that's convenient.


I doubt the member edited his own message... Razz

Moderators would usually just delete the whole topic, or if they did edit it, we're supposed to put in a note saying what we did and who it was...
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Hardware and Electronics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.