FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

That Sweet Chill (note: not a chilli recipe :P)

speeDemon
I'm pretty sure that there's an appropriate term for this, and if this means anything stupid, well sorry!

My question is, that what is that one thing that gives you that Great Awesome chill which makes your whole body feel alive for a moment or so, and you feel like it's the best thing ever!?

To make things more clear, I'll tell you my case,
Whenever I listen to some great guitar pieces, or watch a band perform, or even see a video of any great band's performance, and the crowd shouting and going mad, it gives me that chill, that feeling, that powerful wave of energy bursts through me and I almost forget everything for a few moments. Sometimes it happens repeatedly, if I just hit rewind and play the thing again, there it is again! and sometimes it happens just once, and no matter how hard I try, it just doesn't happen again!

My question to you is, what gives you that feeling?
saratdear
So I'm not the only one! Smile

I think it must be similar to yours, but for me it happens not just in happy moments. Any sort of powerful emotion triggers it. It's like a shiver which begins from the tips of fingers and goes up to the head.

P.S - I clicked on this topic because I thought it said 'That sweet chilli' Razz
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
So I'm not the only one! Smile
Well said for me too. Very Happy It is usually music, and it depends on my mood of the day, but Ennio Morriconi soundtracks with good movies such as the Scarlet and the Black give me thrills. I'm a World War II movie buff and the Scarlet and the Black has all time movie greats in it Christopher Plummer, Gregory Peck and John Gielgud, a fantastic story, and music composed and conducted by Ennio Morriconi at his best.
IceCreamTruck
That feeling is very biological. When serotonin/melatonin is released in the brain to produce a happy feeling and it can be overwhelming. It's really strong when you are a kid, and really does dull and fade with aging.

My advice if you want to keep experiencing it and finding different ways to enjoy it then STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS! Not all of them produce this effect, but some of poorly concocted illegal drugs literally break your brains ability to build up a stock pile of serotonin and thus there's no hope of the dam breaking or getting a flood of feeling. I just wish someone had told me this a long time ago. I'm not broken, but there's a good possibility life would feel better to me if I hadn't messed around so much. I have some friends, for sure, who didn't recover and live very sad lives because of it.

Try this instead. Pilot and airplane! That's what I am saving up for right now. Word is that it will take me about 7 thousand dollars to do it, and I figure if thinking about that gives me the "chills" then I wonder what really doing it will feel like! Wink

What if I listened to my favorite music while piloting an airplane? Would my head explode?

What if I get to learn how to fly a helicopter?

What if I listened to my favorite music while flying a helicopter? ... ))))*pop*((((

lol
missdixy
saratdear wrote:
P.S - I clicked on this topic because I thought it said 'That sweet chilli' Razz

Same here, haha. I was like oooh a Chili recipe?? Haha. Anyways, to answer the OP's question, I also get similar chill feeling, also during those type of moments, and some others. I don't know. It's such an inexplicable thing.
speeDemon
IceCreamTruck wrote:
My advice if you want to keep experiencing it and finding different ways to enjoy it then STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS!

I'm clean Razz Very Happy

All I was trying to say was that sometimes it keeps on happening again and again, and sometimes it's like a "live the moment" kind of feeling, it will only happen once and maybe after a week or so, when I listen to the same thing, it'll happen again Smile
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
All I was trying to say was that sometimes it keeps on happening again and again, and sometimes it's like a "live the moment" kind of feeling, it will only happen once and maybe after a week or so, when I listen to the same thing, it'll happen again Smile
I came across a YouTube Discovery Channel show about the psychology lying behind applause by an audience. And that made me think of this thread. What I particularly liked was towards the end of the show the presenter made the point that:
Quote:
A grand applause is an ode to life, an ode to joy.

The way you relate to things that are special to you to the extent that they make you chill, has to be something similar, an expression of an ode to life and an ode to joy. It is a good sign, as that means that you are connected with life and you are channeled into some serious good moments. Very Happy

IceCreamTruck
You're just feel of good short videos, Dean! Smile
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

What if I listened to my favorite music while piloting an airplane? Would my head explode?

It might if the cockpit depressurizes. ^.^

Really though -- everyone should strive to live their dreams; without that, what good is anything else?

(Also, this subject is relevant to my religion.)
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
You're just feel of good short videos, Dean! Smile
Right! I've just renamed them Chill Videos ..... I really like YouTube. One can type almost anything in it, and together with the logical results, it will also come with unexpected hits. For example, sometimes I land with a completely new band of music, I had not heard before. And then have some serious chill moments with it like the one below with the electric guitar. Laughing

ocalhoun wrote:
Sounds right on! Think speeDemon will also like it, how is it relevant to your religion? Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I've just renamed them Chill Videos ..... I really like YouTube.

Do you have a channel?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Do you have a channel?
What's that ? Shocked Very Happy Sorry, not sure what you mean whether I have a channel? Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

ocalhoun wrote:
Sounds right on! Think speeDemon will also like it, how is it relevant to your religion? Very Happy

No... must ... ... not ... derail ... ... ... topic ...
*strain*
All will be explained here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122278.html#1002989
*phew* That was a close one.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Do you have a channel?
What's that ? Shocked Very Happy Sorry, not sure what you mean whether I have a channel? Very Happy

I don't know how it works... a place where you can make a playlist of videos called "chill videos" on youtube... I assumed this would be called a channel... I dunno the proper nomenclature
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I don't know how it works... a place where you can make a playlist of videos called "chill videos" on youtube... I assumed this would be called a channel... I dunno the proper nomenclature
OK, got it. I have not done anything beyond downloading the shows, but I probably should explore all YouTube's features and put all my favourites together and organize them on YouTube. Maybe even learn how to create my own YouTube shows. Presently I'm storing my favourite YouTube show links on my Fire Fox Explorer and don't have a YouTube Channel .... yet.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
OK, got it. I have not done anything beyond downloading the shows, but I probably should explore all YouTube's features and put all my favourites together and organize them on YouTube. Maybe even learn how to create my own YouTube shows. Presently I'm storing my favourite YouTube show links on my Fire Fox Explorer and don't have a YouTube Channel .... yet.

I think you have a good collection. You should put them in a channel because I would assume this would allow us to watch them all in order... I hope it would remember our individual places along that string so we don't have to watch from the beginning every time and can close and come back whenever we want. I'd assume that they'd want to make it that easy, but honestly, no one does anything the way it should be done. If that doesn't work then you can upload some to my server and we'll work out something cool.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
If that doesn't work then you can upload some to my server and we'll work out something cool.
*grin* Frihost is on a server, probably not far from where yours is relatively speaking from the Middle East. It's in Dallas Texas.

If you are talking about your server, how big is it, and is it in Kentucky?
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
If you are talking about your server, how big is it, and is it in Kentucky?

I'm with a web host, and have no idea where my actual server is, but I have unlimited upload and unlimited bandwidth to my users. It's a relatively fast server... not the fastest by any means, but it does get the job done.

My frihosted account is pressed for space as is, so we can't put it there! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I'm with a web host, and have no idea where my actual server is,
Amazing how it works these days. The back up server could also be in a different part of the world. Thanks for the offer. I should really stop being lazy and get on the job, but first priority this weekend is Bondings' competition. I'm a real procrastinator, and should have that assignment completed before end of tomorrow. Today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) are weekend days where I am. Our first day of the week is Sunday so my goal is to have it completed before end of tomorrow, and to leave the finer edits for when I have time during the week.

Why don't you give the competition a try yourself? Topic: Does this work? Maybe you could choose a Web development topic? Very Happy
ankitdatashn
well music definitely sends a chill in my body if the tune is energetic or emotional, and sometimes it happens that if I listen to that same song again and again then some portions of the songs are everytime successful in sending that chill.

And also when I see any intense emotional news then it sends a chill...
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Why don't you give the competition a try yourself? Topic: Does this work? Maybe you could choose a Web development topic? Very Happy

I was going to attempt this, but keep drawing blanks when I think of topics. I keep missing striking when the iron is hot on getting something in for the competitions. I don't want to start, and not be able to finish, and my life has been crazy at the moment. Honestly, my rate for posting on frihost is down some. 1) I haven't been getting as many emails... which means people aren't responding as often at the moment... must be the good weather?!?! 2) Busy work leaves me a vegetable in the evenings, so I haven't been able to figure out what people are discussing at the moment 3) I've been around the forums and there isn't much new, even thought I have replied to a few new topics 4) No one is responding to my software thread! Sad I thought you guys would like to Beta test for me!

Check it out if you like! Free Beta Software!

I hope you are having a good day, Dean!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Check it out if you like! Free Beta Software!

I hope you are having a good day, Dean!
Thx! OK, let me do the competition first, and then will check out the Beta test. Smile