FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how helpful blog comments for SEO?

lovelyviki
i think blog comments are very helpful for our site SEO,but i heard someone said google will not include blog comments, and i should stop it.
is it really?
medesignz
The comments will only enhance the website on which they are placed... I don't think they will offer any assistance to the site from which they are supplied.
metalfreek
Commenting on dofollow sites is definitely helpful and it improves your backlink but commenting is worthless for nofollow sites when it comes to SEO benefit.
the-guide
...and you can get targeted visitors directly if you comment on related content sites.

SeeaMike
I think blog commenting is the best way to get higher rank in Google because you can get links with PR juice.
medesignz
If that is the case, please feel free to comment on my blog Wink
lovelyviki
i also think blog comment still have some use in SEO, thx a lot
medesignz
Should comments be keyword heavy, though?
georgekalathil
It can get you some handy traffic and if it is a dofollow comment, then it can serve as back link for your website.
webmasterraj1
When we are doing Blog Commenting then it means we are getting the Back Links and we know that Back links are the main purpose of the Off Page SEO process.Thus we can say that Blog commenting is useful for SEO purpose.
lovelyviki
medesignz wrote:
Should comments be keyword heavy, though?

yes, you can put your key words in user name.
georgekalathil
Blog commenting usually helps us in getting some referral traffic. It is also much better if the comment is having dofollow attribute.
johnsmithsuper
Seo have two methods for ranking the website high. One is on-page and second one is off-page method. Blog posting is one of the off-page method. So by this way, we can generate enough traffic for the website and google's spider helps to increase the rank of the site.
Jarvis
Hey...
Blog commenting is one of the best way of SEO.... But mostly there are no follow blog so they can help to boast page rank but those are very effective for generating traffic... if you comment on do follow blog and post your link it increase your page rank and traffic...
GoldenEagle
Jarvis wrote:
Hey...
Blog commenting is one of the best way of SEO.... But mostly there are no follow blog so they can help to boast page rank but those are very effective for generating traffic... if you comment on do follow blog and post your link it increase your page rank and traffic...

How do you tell if a blog or site is a nofollow site, making your link less valuable?

Thanks!
medesignz
I think the new Google algorithm doesnt pay that much attention to back links, especially from Comments in blogs
servercolocationindia
Always try to comment on dofollow blogs or blog that have installed commentluv, keywordluv on it. But never miss to comment on nofofollow blogs, it will bring traffic to your website.

And remember, your comment should be related to the topic.
medesignz
Do you think that blog comments are only for phishing?
loremar
No! blog commenting is helpful. I even tried a few non-popular keywords as anchor text in blog commenting and it works. It put my site in the first SERP for those keywords. I think google has a way to tell which are relevant comments and reward these comments by acknowledging your link. Like this forum, you comment and then you get points.

Commenting on do-follow blogs also helps it makes your work even faster I think google gives more acknowledgement to your links especially if it's external. But don't forget to comment on no-follow blogs so it makes your collection of backlinks look even more natural, I think.
prcys
By making comment on any blog we can start conversation and with providing best information in that we can get attention of people which can be very helpful for our business or for our site. And if we have blogs on own site then by comments from different people, we can know their reviews and can get advice also.
jcreus
GoldenEagle wrote:
Jarvis wrote:
Hey...

How do you tell if a blog or site is a nofollow site, making your link less valuable?

Thanks!

Just look at the code of the webpage (i.e. control+U in Firefox). Look at the A tags (i.e. the links) and see if they have an attribute called rel, with value nofollow.

Therefore, if its nofollow, you should see:

Code:

<a href="whatever" rel="nofollow">text</a>
savable
I don't think blog comments are really helpful for seo purpose because now people are using software for blogs commenting and spamming the blogs too so blogs commenting is not much effective it will give you just temporary results.
sowmya
The blog comments allows your readership and subscribers to have a point of contact with the blog owner as well as with each other. It helps you to bring a community feel to your business and also allows others to feel and say that they are not alone in seeking your advice.
sketteksalfa
I monitor my blog comments on my analytics. And i create list of those comments that made a referral link to my site which only suggests that it is a do-follow site. From there i will increase backlinks. But make sure the website where you comment from is related to your industry or that your comment is very related to the topic or else you will be flagged as spam
shopperpk
I think blog commenting is helpful for very small period of time. It shows some positions for some days and after that no positions on searches. I would suggest to post blogs rather than posting comments on blogs for seo purposes.
futurcat
In any case, if your blog is getting visitors comments it is a sign that it is relevant, and if it is relevant you will get visits, and new visits, so in theory SEO will be all good.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!
deanhills
If you could back link your comments (if it is allowed) to your Website with really useful information to link back to, I'd think it would be very helpful. But bearing in mind that it has to be quality stuff. Otherwise it would be spam. The link should be to some real information that is unique in your Website, rather than selling a product.
medesignz
deanhills wrote:
If you could back link your comments (if it is allowed) to your Website with really useful information to link back to, I'd think it would be very helpful. But bearing in mind that it has to be quality stuff. Otherwise it would be spam. The link should be to some real information that is unique in your Website, rather than selling a product.

And thats also the same for signatures in a forum also, right?
ilmkidunya1
it is very good for making the pack links
medesignz
should comments have tags?
medesignz
I really must start commenting on blog then eh Wink
busaboss
I also do blog commenting these days but I don't know if its effective as I don't monitor results. Very Happy
medesignz
why not comment on my blog and see how much that helps Wink
ankitdatashn
I am always afraid of posting comments on blogs with my website's link simply for the reason that it might be seen as spamming.
medesignz
Does Wordpress (for instance) talk to other wordpress? As in if one user has a certain IP marked as spam, it would always process the ip as spam?
medesignz
Doesnt backlinking not show up on Googles ever seeing eye?
siemens13
Hi metalfreek, i also appreciate you and also support your comment. dofollow sites is must be need for promoting website and also dofollow sites improve back link.
siemens13
recently i have heard that blog commenting do not include the google. it is a matter of sorrow for blog com mentors. but i hope google will include blog commenting as soon as possible.
medesignz
siemens13 wrote:
recently i have heard that blog commenting do not include the google. it is a matter of sorrow for blog com mentors. but i hope google will include blog commenting as soon as possible.
I think that there is a very good reason as to why google would not index the comments. But I am sure there is a workaround using some of google web dev tools that may be able to include them somehow in the search engine. For example, if you had a RSS that was purely and specifically for just comments, and told google to spider that page, in turn the comments would then be indexed and would help with SEO... Whether or not it would help the blog author or the comment author, well that would be something that would be determined through time.
johans
if comments has tag then i think it will include to SEO search engine but this depends on how many user and visitor on your site..

SEO is been manage by google with special codes but of course it is high confidential due to SEO is a big money and huge business..
medesignz
johans wrote:
if comments has tag then i think it will include to SEO search engine but this depends on how many user and visitor on your site..

SEO is been manage by google with special codes but of course it is high confidential due to SEO is a big money and huge business..

If only one could crack the code... They'd be a billionaire Smile
medesignz
elenabrown wrote:
Blog Commenting is helpful for your link's popularity. Also if you can get anchor text on keyword in comments it can also help in keyword ranking improvement.
who told you that?
georgekalathil
What I can say is that in the year 2015, Blog commenting have zero value in increasing the ranking of your website and might only end up in getting a couple of referral traffic.
rojer_martin
I think, if you are commenting in a blog post with the intention of spamming like stuffing the comment with lots of keywords then it can harm your website or even penalize in fact many times these kind of blog comments do not get approval by blog owner. So try to comment in a natural way and make relevant comments only.
HiraFahad
Nofollow Comments are only helpful to generate targeted traffic.
To write comments, you should not go off the topic. and should create a sales pitch to promote your website.

A good tip to find blog posts on your targeted topics is to use search terms such as:

site inurl:YOUR-KEYWORD-HERE "leave a comment"

by this you will be able to find blogs on the relevant topic.

And a good way to create username is: YOURNAME@YOURKEYWORD
urielt
blog can be helpful to your site only if the content is unique and value to the end user
Claimconsultantsllc
here are the benefits of blog commenting:-

Backlinks
Traffic
Relationships/Connections

But always try to post genuine comment instead of "nice post", "good blog "
thelad
lovelyviki wrote:
i think blog comments are very helpful for our site SEO,but i heard someone said google will not include blog comments, and i should stop it.
is it really?

Blog comments in a relevant niche is good. But, if it's no-follow I don't think it's going to give you the searchengine ranking or the traffic.