FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This sig needs to be about 20% cooler.

ocalhoun
It's just something I threw together real quick -- 10 seconds flat! -- to celebrate being the first* openly brony person on Frihost. ^.^

*That I know of.

And, of course, it features my favorite pony:

(+10 internets (approx 67.4 frih$) if you can name her.)
-Lettering done by myself, all other parts scavenged and reassembled from various google image searches.

So, are there any other bronies on Frihost, or do you all just think I'm silly now?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
So, are there any other bronies on Frihost, or do you all just think I'm silly now?
Silly ...... nah ....... count me in.

OK, I think I've solved the riddle, but I really don't need the Frih$, it was too easy. All I had to do was type pony in the YouTube Search Box .... Very Happy

Is it Rainbow Dash?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Silly ...... nah ....... count me in.

What!?! I found another fan of the show already?
That was easy.
Quote:

OK, I think I've solved the riddle, but I really don't need the Frih$, it was too easy. All I had to do was type pony in the YouTube Search Box .... Very Happy

Is it Rainbow Dash?

Okay, if you want a real challenge... My first post there has 4 lines/phrases taken from the show... point 'em out. ^.^
deanhills
I'm stumped! Couldn't work it out .... Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
I'm stumped! Couldn't work it out .... Very Happy

Aw, it's not that hard if you've watched the show... two of them are obvious, and another third one is in the very episode you posted... Okay so the fourth one is obscure...
But if you can't find them, I'll leave them around for a little while, in case somebody else wants to take up the challenge.

Have you watched the show? I warn you, it's addictive, even for -- especially for -- people who think they would never want to watch such a thing.

Oh, and to go along with the new sig, I made some new emoticon images to use:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you'll be seeing those peppered around the forum now instead of my old emoticons. ^.^
Those are just the ones I made myself; there are also some ones I simply stole from elsewhere, but you'll have to wait and find those as I use them.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Have you watched the show? I warn you, it's addictive, even for -- especially for -- people who think they would never want to watch such a thing.
I had not seen the shows before, but then when I did the search, I looked at Episode 1, which I was glad I did, as that showed the whole background about their good and bad ancestors, and how good had conquered bad. And then I watched the whole of Episode 13 when Rainbow Daze had been challenged to a race by Applejack after Rainbow Daze had beaten Applejack at other sports. That was cute. Especially Applejack's accent. What I like about Rainbow Daze is her wings. Couldn't get better. I've always wanted wings for myself! Just imagine being able to fly from point A to B. Very Happy I can't get used to Rainbow Daze being a mare however, the character has more of a feel of a young stallion. I liked the reference to sportmareship however. Very creative! Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
I had not seen the shows before, but then when I did the search, I looked at Episode 1, which I was glad I did,

And another person gets sucked in to enjoying the show.

Doesn't sound like you're a full-blown pony addict yet though.
Quote:
I can't get used to Rainbow Daze being a mare however, the character has more of a feel of a young stallion.

Well, her charachter is supposed to be tomboyish.
By the way... it's rainbow dash ... or occasionally rainbow crash. ^.^

(also, some fans have decided that she must be a lesbian, though I prefer to think of her as bi. ^.^ ... just randomly found a fun video about that assumption:)

Quote:
I liked the reference to sportmareship however. Very creative! Very Happy

That's one of the fun things about it; they're always throwing in things like that...
"fillies and gentlecolts"
"on the other hoof"
"anypony" "nopony" "everypony" et cetera, instead of everybody
"foals" instead of 'fools'

But what's the most fun is how they put in references to other memes sometimes... or even how they respond to fan memes...
My favorite example: In one of the first episodes, a background pony was accidentally given a derp face by the animators.
When some fans spotted it, they named the pony 'derpy hooves' and made a big deal about it:

The cool thing though, is that after a while, the writers of the show accepted this, and now that pony is often shown on the show with a derp face on purpose:
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Definitely not full-blown. Sort of only a nibble at this stage. Sorry about the Daze bloomer. I must have typed that late at night. Rainbow crash .... that sounds right on for some of the action scenes.

Do you know anything more about the animators? Is it a Hollywood effort?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Definitely not full-blown. Sort of only a nibble at this stage.

What? Somebody who only kinda likes it? That's impossible. Everybody either maniacally likes it or despisingly hates it... there is no in between. ^.^
Quote:
Sorry about the Daze bloomer. I must have typed that late at night.

Aw, don't worry about it. I can't expect anybody to remember character names of a show they've only seen a couple times can I?
Quote:
Rainbow crash .... that sounds right on for some of the action scenes.

Like these?

Quote:

Do you know anything more about the animators? Is it a Hollywood effort?

Actually, I don't know much about them.
I make a policy of not knowing about the people who make my entertainment.
(Don't want to know the actors' names, don't want to know who made it, et cetera.)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
(Don't want to know the actors' names, don't want to know who made it, et cetera.)
Although I can see the merit of not knowing, and focusing on the entertainment, I'm just the opposite. I have to know everything! Whoever created this show must have some serious animation talent. OK, here we are, Lauren Faust:

Quote:
I was extremely skeptical at first about taking the job. Shows based on girls’ toys always left a bad taste in my mouth, even when I was a child. They did not reflect the way I played with my toys. I assigned my ponies and my Strawberry Shortcake dolls distinctive personalities and sent them on epic adventures to save the world. On TV, though… female characters [in children's shows] have been so homogenized with old-fashioned “niceness” that they have no flaws and are unrelatable. They are so pretty, polite and perfect; there is no legitimate conflict and nothing exciting ever happens…

This perception, more than anything, is what I am trying to change with My Little Pony.

– Lauren Faust, creative head and executive producer of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I liked this comment on her mission statement:
limewarrior 1 week ago
Quote:
Brony checking in here! Lauren must be doing something right if she can appeal to such a wide demographic. Good role models for girls... and men from 18-35.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Although I can see the merit of not knowing, and focusing on the entertainment, I'm just the opposite. I have to know everything! Whoever created this show must have some serious animation talent.

Serious animation talent, yes, but I still don't want to know about the people behind the scenes...
Somehow, knowing about that kind of thing just ruins it for me... like if I recognize the actors in a movie, I can no longer see the movie, I only see people on a stage.
So, I try to avoid that whenever possible.

Oh, and I like the new avatar. ^.^

(Though I have to warn you, you're hardly the first person to pick that pony as such. DJ Pon3 seems to be one of the most popular choices actually.)
If I were to pick one, I would choose 'cherry coke', just because I like the way the (fan given) name works so well with what he looks like:

(That's another fun part of the show... pretty much all of the random background characters will show up repeatedly... and usually in the same groups, which has led the internet fan-base to assign names to them all... And given their distinctive looks, some of the names are pretty creative.)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Serious animation talent, yes, but I still don't want to know about the people behind the scenes... Somehow, knowing about that kind of thing just ruins it for me... like if I recognize the actors in a movie, I can no longer see the movie, I only see people on a stage.
So, I try to avoid that whenever possible.
OK, got it. Very Happy

ocalhoun wrote:
Oh, and I like the new avatar. ^.^
Thanks!
ocalhoun wrote:
(Though I have to warn you, you're hardly the first person to pick that pony as such. DJ Pon3 seems to be one of the most popular choices actually.)
I've just started Episode 4, going through all of them one by one. I'm almost certain my Avatar will be changing at some or other point, maybe even a few times. I've been copying some of the characters to Gimp, just couldn't resist. Needless to say I'm having lots of fun.
ocalhoun wrote:
If I were to pick one, I would choose 'cherry coke',
I've just met Cherry Coke in Chapter 4 where he is offering to help Applejack with the apple orchards, and Applejack seems to think she can do all of it by herself. I'm now going to check out the rest. As far as background characters go, I thought the old geriatric pony is also very cute.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
I've just started Episode 4, going through all of them one by one.

Okay, I'll admit... After watching the first one, I didn't watch them one by one...
I kinda watched all of them in a row.

Quote:
I'm almost certain my Avatar will be changing at some or other point, maybe even a few times.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.
Quote:
I've been copying some of the characters to Gimp, just couldn't resist.

Usually, you don't have to use Gimp... Google image search is your friend. Chances are, somebody already did it, and you don't have to.

Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
If I were to pick one, I would choose 'cherry coke',
I've just met Cherry Coke in Chapter 4 where he is offering to help Applejack with the apple orchards, and Applejack seems to think she can do all of it by herself.

You're not so good with names, are ya?
That would be Big Macintosh... 'Cherry Coke' doesn't have any speaking parts yet, strictly a background character.
Quote:
I'm now going to check out the rest. As far as background characters go, I thought the old geriatric pony is also very cute.

Yeah, especially the sort of senile cluelessness she has.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Did you watch them with YouTube, or Imageshack?
ocalhoun wrote:
Usually, you don't have to use Gimp... Google image search is your friend. Chances are, somebody already did it, and you don't have to.
OK, I used Google image search for the first time ever ..... Very Happy .... have to admit I had to wiggle the search words three times until I got them almost perfect. So was wondering, how do you upload the images directly from the Google search, or do you go to the source of the Google search item first and then link directly from the source? Or do you upload everything to image shack? Or a combo of everything? Very Happy
ocalhoun wrote:
That would be Big Macintosh... 'Cherry Coke' doesn't have any speaking parts yet, strictly a background character.
OK, I still have to get to this character. So will be watching out for "him"?
ocalhoun wrote:
Yeah, especially the sort of senile cluelessness she has.
That is exactly the scene I had in mind. Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Did you watch them with YouTube, or Imageshack?

I plead the 5th, as the answer may (or may not) incriminate me.

Pretty sure it is actually legal, but not absolutely sure... and a court battle could be expensive even if I win. So, I don't want to just up and say it in a publicly accessible place.
Quote:

So was wondering, how do you upload the images directly from the Google search, or do you go to the source of the Google search item first and then link directly from the source? Or do you upload everything to image shack? Or a combo of everything? Very Happy

Linking directly from the google search won't work, you have to go to the original source, get the url for the image, and then it can be posted here. (usually)
Firefox makes this easy, because 'copy image url' is available when right-clicking an image, so I just need to right-click, select that, and then paste it here.
Quote:

[quote="ocalhoun"] That is exactly the scene I had in mind. Very Happy

Of course! But you haven't seen the one in #18 yet... That would make a good avatar, but I can't find a pic of it... My google-fu is weak.
deanhills

Great photo, a classic Apple Jack pose. I imagine you really like Apple Jack? I like Rainbow Dash, especially since she (still feels like a he) can do so much flying. I've started on Chapter 8 (I think) where a spell has been cast by a Zebra and Apple Jack has become a miniature and even cuter than before. Twilight Sparkle's little horn is limp. Fluttershy has a deep man's voice.
ocalhoun wrote:
Of course! But you haven't seen the one in #18 yet... That would make a good avatar, but I can't find a pic of it... My google-fu is weak.
Great to know there are still many chapters to watch. I'm really in the swing of it, and enjoying it very much. So will watch out for Chapter 18.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

Great photo, a classic Apple Jack pose. I imagine you really like Apple Jack? I like Rainbow Dash, especially since she (still feels like a he) can do so much flying.

I had been wondering which one you liked best...
Though I do enjoy applejack, rainbow dash is my favorite...
I would rank the main ponies in the order of favorite to least favorite:
-Rainbow dash
-Twilight sparkle
-Applejack
-Fluttershy
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
Quote:
I've started on Chapter 8 (I think) where a spell has been cast by a Zebra and Apple Jack has become a miniature and even cuter than before. Twilight Sparkle's little horn is limp. Fluttershy has a deep man's voice.

That is one of the best episodes!
If you haven't finished it yet, just wait until Pinkie convinces Fluttershy to sing!
And I live the nicknames for them all... Hairity, Flutterguy, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, Appletini, and Twilight Flopple. ^.^
Quote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Great to know there are still many chapters to watch. I'm really in the swing of it, and enjoying it very much. So will watch out for Chapter 18.

There are 22 so far... And actually #22 is one of my favorites, mainly because of the antics of rainbow dash with the royal guards.

For now, I'll just leave these here:

Discovered these while looking for new episodes... and they are SO hilarious.
Just a random collection of my little pony video cut with other random shows' audio... and ridiculously funny because it manages to fit so well. ^.^
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:

I would rank the main ponies in the order of favorite to least favorite:
-Rainbow dash
-Twilight sparkle
-Applejack
-Fluttershy
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
OK, my ranking (this far and if you include characters like Zecora and Vinyl Scratch) would be:
Rainbow dash
Applejack
Twilight sparkle
Zecora
Vinyl Scratch
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Rarity

Quote:
For now, I'll just leave these here:
Discovered these while looking for new episodes... and they are SO hilarious.
Just a random collection of my little pony video cut with other random shows' audio... and ridiculously funny because it manages to fit so well. ^.^
Thanks, I checked them out. I particularly liked the second one that starts with the Gold Ecstasy theme from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I'm now just about to start Episode 10 - Winter Wrap Up. Before that it was The Swarm of the Century. I "pony"graphed some interesting facial expressions below:

I also discovered a treasure trove of Vinyl Scratch Productions .... Very Happy Here is one of them:
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
OK, my ranking (this far and if you include characters like Zecora and Vinyl Scratch) would be:
Rainbow dash
Applejack
Twilight sparkle
Zecora
Vinyl Scratch
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Rarity

^.^ Seems awfully close to how I ranked them...
Quote:

I'm now just about to start Episode 10 - Winter Wrap Up.

Also one of the best episodes... And it has what's easily the best song in the whole series so far...
I warn you, if you watch that episode, you'll probably go through the rest of the day humming 'winter wrap up - winter wrap up'... And you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Quote:
Before that it was The Swarm of the Century. I "pony"graphed some interesting facial expressions below:

That third one of rainbow dash is OUTSTANDING!
It captures rainbow's personality so perfectly!
Quote:

I also discovered a treasure trove of Vinyl Scratch Productions .... Very Happy Here is one of them:

Very nice... though if I were making it, I would also include her putting the needle onto the turntable to start the song...
Oh, and while we're on the subject... Keep an eye out for the my little pony version movie trailers... they're much the same as the randomness videos I posted, except it's the audio of various movie trailers... and it also fits hilariously well.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Very nice... though if I were making it, I would also include her putting the needle onto the turntable to start the song...
I keep on thinking of Vinyl Scratch as a stallion as well. By the way have finally caught a glimpse of "her" in Episode 14 - Suited for Success.

Those fashion gowns were pretty gross I thought.

I was disappointed in the cat as well. I always get a feeling that as pets go, pets usually take on some of the mannerisms and looks of their owners. Rarity's cat looks much too lazy and large to be Rarity's. I would have expected a more "svelte" like cat with more fluid mannerisms. The cat's hairstyle is just completely not Rarity's style.

ocalhoun wrote:
Oh, and while we're on the subject... Keep an eye out for the my little pony version movie trailers... they're much the same as the randomness videos I posted, except it's the audio of various movie trailers... and it also fits hilariously well.
OK, I will. I'm now at Episode 15. When I run out of the episodes I will get to the random shows. I liked the second one of the two you suggested, and am looking forward to some more of those. Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
I keep on thinking of Vinyl Scratch as a stallion as well. By the way have finally caught a glimpse of "her" in Episode 14 - Suited for Success.

You seem to do that a lot.

Really though, there does seem to be a shortage of male ponies... So I guess it's kinda understandable.
...And I have yet to figure out why the males and females have different face shapes.
Quote:

Those fashion gowns were pretty gross I thought.

Well, yeah... Who has real experience in designing dresses for ponies though?
For what it's worth, Fluttershy's looked pretty nice, I thought.

Oh, and another subtle thing that's not easily noticeable in that episode... watch Rarity's hair transform throughout the redesign process. ^.^
It's a nice subtle touch, how they drew her getting progressively more frazzled.
Quote:

I was disappointed in the cat as well. I always get a feeling that as pets go, pets usually take on some of the mannerisms and looks of their owners. Rarity's cat looks much too lazy and large to be Rarity's. I would have expected a more "svelte" like cat with more fluid mannerisms. The cat's hairstyle is just completely not Rarity's style.

Okay, now you're just being picky!
I don't think it was named in that episode, but Opal is entertaining to watch. Perhaps not exactly like Rarity, but different enough so that their interaction can be fun.
(And it'll be explained in a later episode why Rarity has little control over Opal's fashion.)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
...And I have yet to figure out why the males and females have different face shapes.
Right! Now that you mention it, me too.
Quote:

[quote="ocalhoun"]For what it's worth, Fluttershy's looked pretty nice, I thought.
True, when you do a close-up like that, amazing the detail in design. And perhaps Applejack's boots were also not too bad.

ocalhoun wrote:
Oh, and another subtle thing that's not easily noticeable in that episode... watch Rarity's hair transform throughout the redesign process. ^.^
It's a nice subtle touch, how they drew her getting progressively more frazzled.
I did not pick up on that at all. You really have an eye for detail. Just checked through and you're right. During the anxiety attack looks as though the hair was even shorter than before. Towards the finals she sported a great hair do.

ocalhoun wrote:

Okay, now you're just being picky!
I don't think it was named in that episode, but Opal is entertaining to watch. Perhaps not exactly like Rarity, but different enough so that their interaction can be fun.
(And it'll be explained in a later episode why Rarity has little control over Opal's fashion.)
OK. Now at least I know its name is Opal. Nice name. Looking forward to seeing whether there is some improvement in next chapters. Rarity does seem to be quite attached to the "cat". Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

ocalhoun wrote:
I did not pick up on that at all. You really have an eye for detail.

Partly, it just comes from multiple viewings...
I might be on my fifth or so pass through watching them all...

There are subtle things like that throughout that I only noticed after watching several times...
Watch the first 1/2 of the first episode carefully, and you'll see nightmare moon in the hourglass long before her first appearance...
Or take this one I noticed: In the second episode, Applejack says if she wins a bet, Big Macintosh will walk down the street in one of granny's girdles... And in the third episode, Big Mac can't help harvest because of an unexplained injury to his midsection. ^.^
Quote:

OK. Now at least I know its name is Opal. Nice name. Looking forward to seeing whether there is some improvement in next chapters.

Towards the most recent chapters, I find it to be more hit-and-miss... one will be awesome, and the next 'meh' and the next awesome again.
...Mostly because I'm not a big fan of:

Quote:
Rarity does seem to be quite attached to the "cat". Twisted Evil

So I take it you watched the stare master episode?
If not, you'll enjoy how your words there are prophetic. ^.^
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Partly, it just comes from multiple viewings...
I might be on my fifth or so pass through watching them all...
Now that is definitely being addicted! Does it get as bad as that? Shocked
ocalhoun wrote:
There are subtle things like that throughout that I only noticed after watching several times...
Watch the first 1/2 of the first episode carefully, and you'll see nightmare moon in the hourglass long before her first appearance...
Or take this one I noticed: In the second episode, Applejack says if she wins a bet, Big Macintosh will walk down the street in one of granny's girdles... And in the third episode, Big Mac can't help harvest because of an unexplained injury to his midsection. ^.^
No, I have not noticed it. Will definitely have to go back and check it out again. I'm still at Episode 15 as had to go back to Episode 14 to check through the finer details. Very Happy
ocalhoun wrote:
Nope, I still have to get there.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Now that is definitely being addicted! Does it get as bad as that? Shocked

Oh, I'm sure it gets worse.
I haven't gotten any merchandise yet, for one...
(Though, technically that may not count, as it's not from lack of trying... I kinda want the miniature rainbow dash figure, but nobody sells it... I has a sad.)

Quote:

No, I have not noticed it. Will definitely have to go back and check it out again. I'm still at Episode 15 as had to go back to Episode 14 to check through the finer details. Very Happy

Oh, don't worry about it... I personally wouldn't re-watch an episode to catch a detail when there are whole shows I hadn't watched yet!
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
Nope, I still have to get there.

Wow, I'm pretty sure you just had psychic powers then!

You will be amazed how precisely true that is!

*edit*
Just found #23 newly posted to youtube! ^.^
Despite the fact that it revolves around the cutie mark crusaders, it is EPIC PONYNESS!
Revolves around how all the main characters got their cutie marks; shows a new city, lots of new (speaking) extras, cherry coke speaks!, meet Twilight's parents!, and best of all, it makes my favorite pony even more awesome... makes Rainbow Dash the central character to everything!

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't post while high on ponies.
It's a hell of a drug.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
I think I'm beginning to get why you are not a big fan of these guys. They are really irritating. For the last few chapters there have been very little or zero Rainbow Flash. Yuck ..... Evil or Very Mad I'm just about to start with Episode 19.

ocalhoun wrote:
I kinda want the miniature rainbow dash figure, but nobody sells it... I has a sad.)
I'm surprised there aren't any. Would be awesome to have an animated running and flying Rainbow Flash with remote control. Very Happy
ocalhoun wrote:
*edit*
Just found #23 newly posted to youtube! ^.^
Despite the fact that it revolves around the cutie mark crusaders, it is EPIC PONYNESS!
Revolves around how all the main characters got their cutie marks; shows a new city, lots of new (speaking) extras, cherry coke speaks!, meet Twilight's parents!, and best of all, it makes my favorite pony even more awesome... makes Rainbow Dash the central character to everything!

Does this mean that Episode 23 is the last one? Shocked
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
I think I'm beginning to get why you are not a big fan of these guys. They are really irritating. For the last few chapters there have been very little or zero Rainbow Flash. Yuck ..... Evil or Very Mad I'm just about to start with Episode 19.

Don't worry, out of the 23 episodes so far, only 4 have centered around them... and one of those four is actually pretty good.
I'd also watch out for #21 (I think it is)... The 'western'...
I mean I'll watch it, of course... but it's hardly a favorite episode...
(Possibly just because the caricatures involved are a little offensive to me and strike a nerve... your results may vary.)
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
I kinda want the miniature rainbow dash figure, but nobody sells it... I has a sad.)
I'm surprised there aren't any. Would be awesome to have an animated running and flying Rainbow Flash with remote control. Very Happy

Oh, they do sell rainbow dash figures... but they have 'real' hair... which given her rainbow hair pattern, just doesn't look right at all.
The little mini-figure looks right, but nobody sells it.
(If somebody sold it, even on ebay, it would probably be on the dash of my car right now. ^.^)

*feeling slight jealousy of whoever took that picture...*
Oh well, I'm sure that they'll at least show up on ebay eventually.
Quote:

Does this mean that Episode 23 is the last one? Shocked

The last one so far, yes... The show is still being made, not even finished with the first season yet... And if previous my little pony trends hold true, it might go on for a LOT of seasons... One can only hope.

I'm looking forward to the season finale... Guessing it will probably be the grand galloping gala?
... And there are rumors that Luna will be re-introduced in the second season. ^.^
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Oh, they do sell rainbow dash figures... but they have 'real' hair... which given her rainbow hair pattern, just doesn't look right at all.
Right, it just does not look like the character at all. Probably going to be a real challenge to capture the essence of the impishness of the animated character, but if someone is really into it, I'm sure it could be done.
ocalhoun wrote:
The little mini-figure looks right, but nobody sells it.
(If somebody sold it, even on ebay, it would probably be on the dash of my car right now. ^.^)

*feeling slight jealousy of whoever took that picture...*
Oh well, I'm sure that they'll at least show up on ebay eventually.
OK, I will keep my eyes peeled. For myself however, I'm hoping for a more "live" version that looks a bit closer to the animation character.
ocalhoun wrote:
The last one so far, yes... The show is still being made, not even finished with the first season yet... And if previous my little pony trends hold true, it might go on for a LOT of seasons... One can only hope.
I hope it does. Anyway, at least I now know I've got No. 23 as the last one. After that I would like to go for shows that have been put together on special themes, and then go back to reviewing some of the ones I really liked. I probably should get into becoming a member of YouTube and organise all the episodes properly, or maybe even download the shows.

ocalhoun wrote:
I'm looking forward to the season finale... Guessing it will probably be the grand galloping gala?
Or maybe set the scene for a second season?
ocalhoun wrote:
... And there are rumors that Luna will be re-introduced in the second season. ^.^
That is awesome. I really like Luna. I always like an evenly portrayal of the good and the bad. Too much of the good is too goody-goody to me. Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Anyway, at least I now know I've got No. 23 as the last one. After that I would like to go for shows that have been put together on special themes, and then go back to reviewing some of the ones I really liked.

23 is the last so far of course... they may manage to make another one while you're still catching up. ^.^
Quote:
I probably should get into becoming a member of YouTube and organise all the episodes properly, or maybe even download the shows.

I'd recommend it, as a youtube membership is pretty painless if all you want to do is watch... Even has auto-login, so you never (or rarely) need to worry about logging in.
And if you want to download them, I found #1-#18 via torrents, and downloaded the later ones using the 'DownloadHelper' extension for firefox.
(Makes it easy to download videos from nearly any video playing site, and is able to download them in a .mp4 format that ordinary media players can recognize, instead of .flv, which usually needs a special player.)
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
Or maybe set the scene for a second season?

If pressed, I would bet on both...
Luna should be at the gala, right?

Oh, and just for laughs, here's a pessimistic view of what the gala would be like:
http://e621.net/data/17/b9/17b928d76faff41b693e4e0092df3794.png
(Linked instead of posted, because it is very, very tall.)
Quote:

That is awesome. I really like Luna. I always like an evenly portrayal of the good and the bad. Too much of the good is too goody-goody to me. Twisted Evil

I'm more interested to see how Luna would be involved in future shows... Would she become one of Twilight's friends? Will we see cutie mark crusader episodes replaced with celestia-and-luna episodes?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Oh, and just for laughs, here's a pessimistic view of what the gala would be like:
Ha, ha .... "Site Blocked" .... that happens so often here where I am. And now I'm curious. What was in it that could possibly have been offensive? Darn!

Anyway. I'm now at Episode 21 - Over the Barrel. And REALLY enjoying it. I've just started it, and hillarious - Applejack reading a bedside story to her Apple Tree ..... the whole show so far fantastic, with ponies pulling the train, this is a good chapter.

ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Ha, ha .... "Site Blocked" .... that happens so often here where I am. And now I'm curious. What was in it that could possibly have been offensive? Darn!

Website Blocked?
Good thing I brought a spare.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2zftpbc.jpg
Quote:

Anyway. I'm now at Episode 21 - Over the Barrel. And REALLY enjoying it. I've just started it, and hillarious - Applejack reading a bedside story to her Apple Tree ..... the whole show so far fantastic, with ponies pulling the train, this is a good chapter.

A good one?

That was actually one of my least favorite...

Don't worry though, haters gonna hate...

It does have what is possibly the most epic pie-in-the-face scene ever...
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Website Blocked?
Thanks! Now I really can't see why it has been blocked. It does sound cynical though.
ocalhoun wrote:
A good one?

Why? Shocked

ocalhoun wrote:
Don't worry though, haters gonna hate...

It does have what is possibly the most epic pie-in-the-face scene ever...
Which one was that .... sorry, Confused must be another day for being dense .... Twisted Evil

OK, now completed Episode 23. But a little disappointed though. I don't know why! Only part that was great that it seemed to have been Rainbow Dash who was responsible for everyone else getting their cutie marks - indirectly. Even the Princess's protege.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Website Blocked?
Thanks! Now I really can't see why it has been blocked. It does sound cynical though.

Probably was blocked because the host site was blocked...
That particular website is part of a family of websites... and one of those sites is 'rule 34'... Which makes perfect sense to block!
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
A good one?
Why? Shocked

Meh, probably just cultural reasons... somewhat off-put by the blithe way they handled an analogue to what in real life was a very horrible situation.
Quote:

Which one was that .... sorry, Confused must be another day for being dense .... Twisted Evil

Surely you didn't miss the buffalo chief getting hit by a pie just before he hits the sheriff...
I surely haven't seen any pie-in-the-face more epic than that one. ^.^
Quote:

OK, now completed Episode 23.

And guess what? Episode 24 just came out yesterday. ^.^
You're not caught up yet!
24 is pretty good too...
Spike turns retro-style villain (complete with hat, black cape, and evil mustache! ^.^)
Even has a the exorcist reference, if you catch it. ^.^
More questions are raised about the relationship between rainbow dash and scootaloo...

... Speaking of which, what do you think is up with that?
Applebloom is Applejack's sister, Sweetie Bell is Rarity's sister, but is Scootaloo Rainbow's sister?
In the episode where the crusaders put on a show, those three are waiting for them backstage after the performance, which suggests that Rainbow was there to meet Scootaloo...
But in the newest episode, the other two crusaders are treated well by their sisters, but Scootaloo isn't treated as well by Rainbow... And in #23, Scootaloo's hero-worship of Rainbow doesn't suggest that they spend a lot of time together, or they would be more familiar...
Coupla comics about the two:

What should have happened in the beginning of #24... Poor scootaloo...

Quote:
But a little disappointed though. I don't know why! Only part that was great that it seemed to have been Rainbow Dash who was responsible for everyone else getting their cutie marks - indirectly. Even the Princess's protege.

Aw, come on... You didn't enjoy finding out about the back-stories for all the characters?
It was cool to see Twilight's parents... how you could actually see the family resemblance, and a fun little bit to notice: Twilight's mother looks just like the initial sketches for what Twilight was supposed to look like, before all the characters were finalized.
Pinkie's story was pretty good too.

Twilight's Mother:

Original Twilight:
Ghost900
I didn't even know there was a show about My Little Pony. When my younger sister got the game I sometimes played the PC game with all the colorful rainbows.

Funny that they came up with a name for people that like the show though. Smile
ocalhoun
Ghost900 wrote:
I didn't even know there was a show about My Little Pony. When my younger sister got the game I sometimes played the PC game with all the colorful rainbows.

Oh, the new show is night-and-day different than the old one... Which is the reason for the sudden, unexpected popularity.

What that popularity might look like:

Kinda amazing really... By some metrics, ponies are the biggest thing to ever happen in internet culture. ^.^
Quote:

Funny that they came up with a name for people that like the show though. Smile

It had to be done, I'm just glad they came up with something so fun to use.
deanhills
I checked out YouTube yesteday and discovered that there were some new episodes since the last one I had watched, Episodes 24-26. That really thrilled me to bits. So last night watched Episode 24 with the owl. Great to have Spike featuring in an Episode, as he is one of my favourite characters. Here are some pics of the episode Very Happy

I've just started on Episode 25 - Party for One.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
I checked out YouTube yesteday and discovered that there were some new episodes since the last one I had watched, Episodes 24-26. That really thrilled me to bits. So last night watched Episode 24 with the owl. Great to have Spike featuring in an Episode, as he is one of my favourite characters. Here are some pics of the episode Very Happy

That was a pretty good one... did you catch the exorcist reference? ^.^
And spike as the old-fashioned cartoon villain is epic!

Not to mention getting to see what happens when Spike meets a full-grown dragon, which is something I missed in the 'dragonshy' episode.

And here's a hilarious random picture I found while looking for that one:

Spike as a pony!

And it really makes me want to see an episode where the relationship between scootaloo and rainbow dash is the main feature... Guess I'll just have to wait for season 2 for that. *fingers crossed*
Quote:

I've just started on Episode 25 - Party for One.

Now, that is a good one!
Pinkie goes CRAZY!

I gotta warn you though... #26 is the season finalle... and although a second season has been confirmed, it isn't airing yet, so after #26, you'll have to wait a while for new ones.
*I has a sad*
Though, 26 was pretty good... I didn't like the song at first, but after a few viewings, it is actually one of my favorites... somehow it is much better when you know the tune.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
No, I didn't ..... I missed that one ..... too Embarassed

ocalhoun wrote:
And here's a hilarious random picture I found while looking for that one:

Spike as a pony!
Which Episode was this one in? Or was he made up in the blog? Agreed, it does look hilarious, but must say, I prefer him as a dragon, particularly when he is "venting" and only smoke puffs come out instead of flames, particularly when he was doing it at the dragon that is about a hundred time larger than he is .... Very Happy

ocalhoun wrote:
And it really makes me want to see an episode where the relationship between scootaloo and rainbow dash is the main feature... Guess I'll just have to wait for season 2 for that. *fingers crossed*
I always thought it was pinkie, and am glad there is someone new on the horizon. think I prefer scootaloo, except maybe she is too much of a Rainbow Dash pleaser? Very Happy
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
No, I didn't ..... I missed that one ..... too Embarassed

When spike first meets the owl.
*tries to find video of it*
*FAIL*
It is the part immediately before this:

(The whole spinning head thing, you know?)
Quote:

Which Episode was this one in? Or was he made up in the blog?

Yeah, that's somebody's made up picture, hasn't been in the show... yet.
The way this show's creators are, I wouldn't be surprised if various internet pictures found their way into the actual show... and that one would be fun, easy enough to explain (twilight's magic), and could be part of a decent plot (spike wants to compete in a ponies-only competition)...
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
I always thought it was pinkie, and am glad there is someone new on the horizon.

Pinkie!?! What gave you the idea that she was related to scootaloo?
Quote:
think I prefer scootaloo, except maybe she is too much of a Rainbow Dash pleaser? Very Happy

Okay, that made me burst out laughing... I thought I was just watching a normal part of the show, which put me off-guard for the surprise at the end. ^.^
Now, that's hilarious!
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
(The whole spinning head thing, you know?)
I checked it out, but it did not really give an eerie feeling. This was more like it, after Spike had exited:

Tonight finished the last show. Episode 26. Do you know when the next season is starting? Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

Tonight finished the last show. Episode 26. Do you know when the next season is starting? Twisted Evil

No, not other than the generalization of 'this fall'...

...Well, anyway, I'm curious, what did you think of the song in the beginning of 26?

(Of course a couple of the jokes in the beginning are some of my favorites though... the 'you can't come in, we're getting dressed' and the 'oh, no, now who's going to pull the carriage' both kinda making fun of how its easy to forget that they are ponies. ^.^)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
...Well, anyway, I'm curious, what did you think of the song in the beginning of 26?
I don't think it is really my cup of tea, although the story lines in it, i.e. the dreaming parts are cute. I don't think this is one of my favourite chapters though. Fluttershy freaking out like that just is not realistic for me. The Episode just does not ring true for me. The parts I did like though were AppleJack's dream and the Wonderbolts, as I can't get enough of the Wonderbolts, particularly since they are always so scarce. The artwork of the Wonderbolts in this episode is really awesome. Would be great if we could see more of them.

ocalhoun wrote:
.(Of course a couple of the jokes in the beginning are some of my favorites though... the 'you can't come in, we're getting dressed' and the 'oh, no, now who's going to pull the carriage' both kinda making fun of how its easy to forget that they are ponies. ^.^)
I found it interesting that Twilight should create horses out of the mice instead of ponies. I'd have hoped for the ponies that Princess Celestia had, rather than these strange foreign looking horses! Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
the Wonderbolts, as I can't get enough of the Wonderbolts, particularly since they are always so scarce. The artwork of the Wonderbolts in this episode is really awesome. Would be great if we could see more of them.

Oh, I'm sure they'll be around for the second season...
I'm just thrilled that a couple of them finally got names. ^.^
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:
.(Of course a couple of the jokes in the beginning are some of my favorites though... the 'you can't come in, we're getting dressed' and the 'oh, no, now who's going to pull the carriage' both kinda making fun of how its easy to forget that they are ponies. ^.^)
I found it interesting that Twilight should create horses out of the mice instead of ponies. I'd have hoped for the ponies that Princess Celestia had, rather than these strange foreign looking horses! Twisted Evil

I was intrigued by how differently they were drawn...
And that they were known of.
I wonder if 'real' full-size horses will ever be featured, and if so, will they speak and act like the ponies?