FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Supported Website 'Software'

Asap170
I think we need to make a sticky topic in the "Webhosting and Support" forum because everyone keeps asking the same questions over and over again because they are too lazy to search the forums. Maybe with this it'll stop some users from doing that. I could go and download about everything there is and check it out and that.
cybersa
I Accept this.
ocalhoun
Perhaps a webhosting support FAQ sticky, with links to the solutions to various common problems?
deanhills
Or just use the Search Feature? Twisted Evil For example, type Word Press Tutorial in the Search Box and see what comes up. Or cPanel Tutorial?

Maybe the suggested sticky can be a link directly to the Search Panel? With detailed instructions , i.e. type in key word/s for information request.
cybersa
What about Frihost Wiki?
All FAQ are available in the Wiki.
It will helpful for people?
ocalhoun
cybersa wrote:
What about Frihost Wiki?

Well, that would be very good, but also a lot more difficult to code and maintain.
cybersa
But doing like this we can make this forum active.
adri
ocalhoun wrote:
cybersa wrote:
What about Frihost Wiki?

Well, that would be very good, but also a lot more difficult to code and maintain.

You don't have to code anything. Razz Wikipedia and other wikis are made with a software platform named MediaWiki, which you can install just like Wordpress or phpBB. Smile

hyperlink: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
And it's not too hard to maintain...

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
hyperlink: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
And it's not too hard to maintain... adri
Hee hee .... it's actualy fun, they even have a sandbox to play in .... Very Happy
Asap170
Or a group of people like me and someone other people can create a Wiki. So Bondings doesn't have to worry about it.
Ankhanu
ocalhoun wrote:
cybersa wrote:
What about Frihost Wiki?

Not really. They're pretty easy to set up; I set one up on here, but didn't do a good job (but I'm sure Bondings et al. would be much more efficient than I was) and didn't maintain it. With the right security settings, or even limiting the contributions to select mods and admins, the wiki would be a really efficient way to provide these details. Adri pointed to the mediwiki that I used, and it was pretty easy to set up, even for me.

With proper security to prevent anyone and everyone from editing, it's really as simple as setting up the mySQL database and installing the wiki. A quick configure later and you're ready to import the content. If you don't have to clean up spam bots and the like, it's a really simple setup. (I'm in the process of reclaiming my wiki entries and starting over with proper security... I have to wipe the db, 'cause I forgot my admin password Razz)
cybersa
That's Nice idea.
Now waiting for Admin to create WiKi.