FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Play on Linux(windows games runing on linux)

glink
for those hwo want to play some games on linux OS and have some difficulties configuring wine, there is a Wine frontend called Play on linux.

its an easy way to install games and some programs as MS Office 2007 or even photoshop Smile

download it and give it a try!!

www.playonlinux.com
loyal
Wouldn't these programs still encounter the same problems running through Wine on Linux? I didnt have too much luck with Wine when I tried it out for a couple of things a long time ago.
carlosgaucho
loyal wrote:
Wouldn't these programs still encounter the same problems running through Wine on Linux? I didnt have too much luck with Wine when I tried it out for a couple of things a long time ago.

It is only a front-end for wine. So i believe it still have problems. But i will give a try Smile
LostOverThere
carlosgaucho wrote:
loyal wrote:

It is only a front-end for wine. So i believe it still have problems. But i will give a try Smile

Yeah, AFAIK PlayOnLinux is just a set of scripts for custom wine parameters for individual games. While it's not perfect, it can be very helpful with getting some games to run on Linux.
glink
LostOverThere said it all!

it is realy helpfull on the lits it gives you... it is not perfect but is quit good!

o tryed the crossover and i realy perfere PoL
gabrielcastillo
I would get vmware's "vmplayer" and create a windows virtual disk then you can have both os your box.

I use vmware on my windows 7 box . I have fedora 10 installed and I can use both at the same time.

This would be the easiest way I think. If you have any questions hit me up and I can help you.
hassane
intresting, i will try it
hassane
in my opinion virtualization can be a solution, with a VM-windows