FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS service doen't work

Tepelstreeltje
Hi,

When i try to configure my domain to point to the nameservers i get an error... i got rejected by the provider where i have my domain... They say that i have to put the domain name on the nameservers before i can point to the frihost nameservers..

I configured "parked domains" in cpanel (hdtvinfo.nl). What did i do wrong?
Bondings
I can make it your main domain if you want. I doubt if that will solve the problem, though. I would just keep trying to put the ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net nameservers till it works.
Tepelstreeltje
If you would do that it would be helpful maybe... tnx anyway.. i keep trying..
Bondings
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
If you would do that it would be helpful maybe... tnx anyway.. i keep trying..

Ok, I'll do it, but first you need to unpark the domain. And your subdomain won't work anymore if I make that your domain your main domain.
Tepelstreeltje
Ok ill do that. Then we'll see what happen. You can always change it back the way it was?
Bondings
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
Ok ill do that. Then we'll see what happen. You can always change it back the way it was?

Yes.
Tepelstreeltje
Ok. How long does it takes that the provider will recognize it?
Bondings
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
Ok. How long does it takes that the provider will recognize it?

Tepelstreeltje, I have no idea how long it will take. I don't know how that provider works, but normally it should be set up instantaneously on Frihost, actually just the same as a parked/addon domain.
Tepelstreeltje
All right... You can change the domain if you havn't done it already...
Bondings
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
All right... You can change the domain if you havn't done it already...

Ok, it's now setup as your main domain. Let's hope it works now on your registrar's site.
Tepelstreeltje
Thanx..

The nameservers are approved thank god Very Happy Now i have to wait 24-48 hours... I hope that its gonna work Very Happy
Bondings
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
Thanx..

The nameservers are approved thank god Very Happy Now i have to wait 24-48 hours... I hope that its gonna work Very Happy

It's a coutry-specific tld, and those normally take longer to propagate. But it will normally be faster than 24 hours, unless you are very unlucky, I think.
Tepelstreeltje
Thank you verry verry much Bondings!!! It is working now!! Now it's time to add some content to the site Razz