FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google to finance $100 Million to buy tuxedos for cats

Bondings
Due to Google TV and simply to make YouTube more interesting to watch, Google is rumored to finance 100 million dollars for movie creation. Most likely it will go towards buying tuxedos for piano players of feline origin.

Mashable wrote:
Now, instead of 500 channels and nothing on, there will be 5 million channels, and if Google has anything to do with it, there will be something on. It might be cats playing the piano — now dressed up in tuxedos because of their expanded budget — but it will be something.

Edit: link down, here is another article about it. http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20110407/tc_mashable/google_to_finance_100_million_worth_of_original_programs_for_youtube
Hogwarts
Hm..

Why has nobody thought of this before?
deanhills
How will it work? Would we be able to get the TV on the Internet, without having to invest in any gadgets? Or do we need extra equipment to make it work? Not sure what the cats are about either? Confused
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
How will it work? Would we be able to get the TV on the Internet, without having to invest in any gadgets? Or do we need extra equipment to make it work? Not sure what the cats are about either? Confused

I suppose it would end up on YouTube. Google is also making a 'Google TV' thing, a sort of box that is connected to the internet and that plays a lot of things available on the internet, like YouTube: http://www.google.com/tv/ .

The cats thing is a joke. YouTube is known for having a lot of popular videos featuring cats doing funny stuff like playing the piano. The joke is that they would spend those 100 million dollars on better clothes for those 'actors', it like the cats who play piano.
saratdear
@Bondings - The Mashable link in your post is a 404.

And I believe the main reason Google wound spend so much money for movie creation is because the response to Google TV has been lukewarm.

Wikipedia's Google TV page wrote:
Cable providers as well as content providers have been slow to warm to Google TV. NBC, ABC,and Hulu have blocked Google TV enabled devices from accessing their web content since Google TV's launch. As of November 22, 2010, Google TV devices are blocked from accessing any programs offered by Viacom’s subsidiaries.
Bondings
I posted another link. I think they took down the story or have some technical problems, no idea why though. Google also links to the 404 at the moment.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
The cats thing is a joke. YouTube is known for having a lot of popular videos featuring cats doing funny stuff like playing the piano. The joke is that they would spend those 100 million dollars on better clothes for those 'actors', it like the cats who play piano.
Aha .... like the ones that get linked to the Yahoo Front Page all the time. People do seem to like those. But OK, get it now ..... as well as the ridiculous amount of money ..... Embarassed However, I'm hoping for the day that I can get TV on my computer without having to fiddle with anything, add hardware or load special software. All I have to do is click on a link. That's probably still going to take a while to happen though .....?