FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The godfather part I, II, III

Tepelstreeltje
I was wondering why there is not a topic about the best movie of all times Rolling Eyes

I have seen this movie last week for the first time Embarassed shame on me!! The thing that kept me away from it was the length of the movie. So now i've seen it i would like to start this topic with a little review of "The Godfather Part I"Smile

The plot of The Godfather is legend. The classic scenes and moments never stop coming at you. With such a gallery of great and interesting characters, how can they not? And then you have the brilliance of the cast to make it all possible. And yet through all this. The moments, adventure and excitement, Marlon Brando still manages to shine far beyond the rest of the cast.

I cannot add anything more about this movie that hasn't already been said by people a lot more experienced about movies than I am.

I can say this though. Few movies have ever grabbed my attention and not let go like this one has. Look at the expression on Al Pacino's face when he tells his brother never to take sides against the family again. There is no doubt about the enormous anger he is fighting to control or about what the results will be if he ever loses that control. Look at Marlon Brando as the reserved dignified old Don spending his last moments playing like a child with his grandson in the garden. And look at Robert Duval when Sal pleads for the favor of his life after he has turned traitor to Michael. And last, look at Dianne Keaton in the last scene when she realizes the her husband IS the Godfather.

These are the things that make a movie great. Standout moments of acting by those who define acting. These are the moments that elevate acting to an art form (and film is just as much an art form as painting or music or poetry). This movie is FILLED with just such moments Laughing
SilverDogg
i have only seen the first one, and partly the second one. everybody says that the third one sucks anyway, so why watch it? aah, might watch it someday anyway.

i find the movie ok, but its not my favourite gangstermovie. dont really understand what all the fuzz is about, but everybody has a different taste =)
gh0stface
After reading the book, I tried watching the movie. Literally I tried. I was pretty much bored as it was kind of slow paced and like you said, it was a long movie. I've only seen Part I and they cut out a lot of stuff from the book. Although I have never seen the second one, so the stuff they cut out from the may have put it in the second one. But I highly doubt since the book was full of crucial information. Pretty much how the book Jurassic Park was better then the movie tenfolds.

One day, I just might and try to finish the trilogy. I definetly recommend the book over the movie.
Tepelstreeltje
gh0stface wrote:
After reading the book, I tried watching the movie. Literally I tried. I was pretty much bored as it was kind of slow paced and like you said, it was a long movie. I've only seen Part I and they cut out a lot of stuff from the book. Although I have never seen the second one, so the stuff they cut out from the may have put it in the second one. But I highly doubt since the book was full of crucial information. Pretty much how the book Jurassic Park was better then the movie tenfolds.

One day, I just might and try to finish the trilogy. I definetly recommend the book over the movie.

Ok I havn't read the book yet.. maybe i will trying to read the book after I have watched the trilogy.

And yes, maybe the book is better than the movie just like The Lord of the Rings.