FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Android over windows mobile

iyepes
Hi,

I've found some information that there's a way to run Android over windows mobile, so you don't have to flash your mobile device. However I haven't been able to find a link that explains it.

Does anyone know about this, I read that the solution was developed in xda-developers, but I've had no luck with their forums search engine.

Thanks,
cybersa
It can possible by Dual boot.
What mobile are you using?
I ready to help you.
ProwerBot
I'm not quite sure HOW people would manage to do these things, because the windows mobile operating system is like, embedded on the chip. So I guess connected with a USB cable, you would have to install an app that creates a loophole allowing the OS to be erased and let another operating system to be installed? I'm not quite sure why you would want to do this anyway. Like if you wanted an android phone shouldn't you just like buy and android phone?
iyepes
I'm using and HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) dual boot could be an option, but I don't have Windows Mobile installers.

Flashing it could be also an option, the Mobile owner allowed me to do so.

Thanks for your help.
cybersa
Ok.
Here is the guide to replace windows with android:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=680518
Note:I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong.
If you want any help,i will help you. Smile
schorsch
This is a very risky thing. You could kill your bootloader, and then you can't flash your Kaiser anymore. It would be better to do this only under assistance of a person with some more experience in it.
Why do you want Android on your TyTN? WinMo can more than the most people think, i'm using it on my smartphone and android on my tablet, and i like both OS. The most things you can do with WinMo AND Android...