FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google PR Update

shkhanal
Recently Google updated the public PR (the PR displayed on Google Toolbar). I was curious about two of my websites and I'm feeling peculiar to find one of my site increased by 1 and reached 4 and another one decreased by 1 and settled to 5.

How did you find your PR?
nepalstar
OMG..! two of your websites are getting non 0 PR, it's seems great..! congratulation for getting +1 in one of your site and Sorry for getting -1 in another but in total your total PR is as same previous, am I right or it makes different..?
nepalstar
http://www.mcqQuestions.com - Google PR1

Recently Google update PR. My site mcqQuestions.com has got Google PR1. I'm happy for that but the sad result of this update is that one of my friend's site psExam.com has decreased PR5 to PR1, unbelievable...! PR5 to PR1 OMG...! his next site (ictTrends.com) has PR4 that's also decreased to PR2.

by the way anybody know what's the requirements of Google PR...?
servercolocationindia
shkhanal wrote:
Recently Google updated the public PR (the PR displayed on Google Toolbar). I was curious about two of my websites and I'm feeling peculiar to find one of my site increased by 1 and reached 4 and another one decreased by 1 and settled to 5.

How did you find your PR?

Same happened with me .....one of my website gets +1 and other decreased...tough to know why this happened..
the-guide
Only three of my sites increased buy all the rest dropped, that's very bad for me. Crying or Very sad

Josso
I've gone from 4 to 3 on my site - I did change the page layout recently, but the meta tags etc are in place... sometimes the algorithms can be very unpredictable.
c'tair
I went up from 3 to 4 on my site. Funny thing is, it's a blog that I haven't updated since January 2010 Shocked . Sure, it's still getting quite a few hits per month, but there is no new content, no meta tag changes, no new backlinks...
sonam
I don't care too much for google ranking but I has 0 and now is 2. Very Happy

Sonam
RavenCross
i was really surprised and somehow disappointed with the latest PR update. My making money online blog went from PR3 to PR1.

But yeah, life goes on and we adjust accordingly
truespeed
My site stayed the same,at PR 2.
GoldenEagle
Are there any other good ways to check your PR besides a toolbar? I don't really feel like downloading another toolbar that's only relevant a handful of times.
Josso
c'tair wrote:
I went up from 3 to 4 on my site. Funny thing is, it's a blog that I haven't updated since January 2010 Shocked . Sure, it's still getting quite a few hits per month, but there is no new content, no meta tag changes, no new backlinks...

See this is one of the things I don't understand... when I went up to 4, it was probably the least search engine efficent that it had ever been. I think it's just when google finds random sites that link to you, it just goes OH RIGHT IT'S MASSIVELY POPULAR NOW... who knows... that and 25% of my visitors being from Japan, don't understand that either.
nepalstar
nepalstar wrote:
http://www.mcqQuestions.com - Google PR1

Recently Google update PR. My site mcqQuestions.com has got Google PR1. I'm happy for that but the sad result of this update is that one of my friend's site psExam.com has decreased PR5 to PR1, unbelievable...! PR5 to PR1 OMG...! his next site (ictTrends.com) has PR4 that's also decreased to PR2.

by the way anybody know what's the requirements of Google PR...?

After few days of this update of google PR psExam.com able to regain its PR4 just decreased by 1 not by 4.
Navigator
Hey guys, just a question, is PR still important for SEO? Check this guy's take on the issue .

My own thought on this is that PR is just a linking meter (which should be just seen as a good SEO practice), but gets blended with other things to achieve a significant position in the SERPs, ultimately, the real important thing.
nepalstar
While I checked PR of my sites I found both of my site got PR1. My first site http://www.mcqQuestions.com PR1 that's fine because I did little effort on that to make contents and promotion that and I also got some traffic on that site but while checking my another site I got surprise. I was surprised because my that site http://ghumti.com also got PR1 since there was no content at all. I don't know why Google is doing this favor to me...!

Now both of my site got Google PR1.
Susmoy
Thanks