FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brink

Dementei

Release Date: 5/17/2011
Platforms: PC, PS3, XB360
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Developer: Splash Damage
Gamesite: http://brinkthegame.com
Genres: First-Person, Shooter
ESRB: M

Brink is a team-based FPS that allows you to change classes on the fly and climb over small obstacles.

Gameplay:
Quote:

Brink is a first-person shooter with a focus on fluid, parkour style movement similar to that seen in games such as Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge and co-operative play. Online play is also a focus of the game, allowing up to eight players to play online. The game features both cooperative and team-based competitive options as well as the ability to play against bots. -Wikipedia

Plot:
Quote:

In Brink, two factions, "Resistance" and "Security", fight in the previously utopian city known as The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth. The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. However, due to many refugees entering the city from other parts of the world, its population has grown to over 50,000, meaning there are not enough resources to go around - resulting in the city being on the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war. -Wikipedia

Read more at Wikipedia, where I stole this from.

The Ark.

Take back the Ark with style!

Flank your enemies fashionably, be sure to watch your back.

Brink Cinematic GDC 2010 Trailer
Dementei
Someone has got to reply to this, I mean c'mon this game looks awesome.
Dementei
I advise everyone to check this video out: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/overview-interview-brink/713032

Get to know of Brink!
susanexpress
haha, very awesome game
Dementei
susanexpress wrote:
haha, very awesome game

Yay a response, a short one, but yay.. can't believe barely anyone here knows of Brink.
weableandbob
My friend has said that this is very, very good. I'm just a bit hesitant to pay full price for a game that I'm not sure I will enjoy completely. Also, I have an ATI card, and there are apparently some problems with those at the moment.
Dementei
weableandbob wrote:
My friend has said that this is very, very good. I'm just a bit hesitant to pay full price for a game that I'm not sure I will enjoy completely. Also, I have an ATI card, and there are apparently some problems with those at the moment.

Yea it's a pretty good game, I don't think I would pay full price for it either, it's good but not that good. If you ever played Team Fortress 2 then you aren't missing out on much, because it's a lot like that. I have an ATI card, I'm not having any issues with the game, so I don't know about that. I just downloaded the game to try it out, and I'm glad I didn't buy it tbh, maybe some other time when it's cheaper.