FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Point for Tutorial Forum

cybersa
Many members here knows many tutorial.
If admin enable points for that forum,Member ate eager to post.
It will help for other user.

Other user,What you think about this?

In my opinion it will very help full.
gh0stface
Most likely it will not happen.

If we enable a point system within the tutorial section, most people would just copy and paste existing tutorials which would entirely defeats the purpose of having the point system.
deanhills
gh0stface wrote:
If we enable a point system within the tutorial section, most people would just copy and paste existing tutorials which would entirely defeats the purpose of having the point system.
Do we really earn that many points with cut and paste? I think tutorials are a good thing, from the point of view that it may help cut the search for trying to find tutorials on the Web. Would be nice if one could have sub-sections in the Tutorials, so that they could be well organized into logical categories.

For that matter, it would be great if the Computers, Webmaster and Internet, Scripting and Tutorials Forums could be completely resorted and revitalized. We seem to have really good Web development guys on Board who have been asking for a makeover over. Someone recently (I can't remember where) also made the comment that we need to align the Forums with posters' interests. He thought that interests were more in line with the IT Forums, than the General Chat, etc. Forums. Problem is that the way the Computers , Webmaster and Internet Forums are organized, does not generate lots of interest for people to make a meaningful participation in posts.
gh0stface
deanhills wrote:
gh0stface wrote:
Do we really earn that many points with cut and paste? I think tutorials are a good thing, from the point of view that it may help cut the search for trying to find tutorials on the Web. Would be nice if one could have sub-sections in the Tutorials, so that they could be well organized into logical categories.

You get 5 points per post I believe based on the length of your post.

And if people are copying and pasting tutorials like crazy, then can essentially you can "max" out the Fri-Points.

I do agree with re-aligning of the forum with posters interests. But that is out of my realm of duties ;o
deanhills
gh0stface wrote:
I do agree with re-aligning of the forum with posters interests. But that is out of my realm of duties ;o
Got it. By the way, I get completely mesmerized by your Avatar. Did you create it yourself? Very effective.

I wonder whether one could do tutorials on for example how to create a great avatar or a great signature, and then have a competition for the best tutorial. And then in addition to some neat coins, get the tutorial to be linked to all of our Profiles, so there will be a step to step guide and some neat ideas right at the place where we have to upload the Avatar or Signature? Maybe the tutorials can also include a link to the Marketing Forum for services available for helping someone create those. The Marketing Forum has gone through a real downturn for the last year, for some or other reason. Probably needs a revival of sorts as well. Smile
gh0stface
deanhills wrote:
gh0stface wrote:
Got it. By the way, I get completely mesmerized by your Avatar. Did you create it yourself? Very effective.

No, I did not create it. It's from the anime Hellsing.

Quote:

I wonder whether one could do tutorials on for example how to create a great avatar or a great signature, and then have a competition for the best tutorial. And then in addition to some neat coins, get the tutorial to be linked to all of our Profiles, so there will be a step to step guide and some neat ideas right at the place where we have to upload the Avatar or Signature? Maybe the tutorials can also include a link to the Marketing Forum for services available for helping someone create those. The Marketing Forum has gone through a real downturn for the last year, for some or other reason. Probably needs a revival of sorts as well. Smile

That's a pretty decent idea. If you can think of a good way to implement that, I can certainly talk it over with the other mods and Bondings about it.
cybersa
That's nice idea.
Thanks.
deanhills
gh0stface wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That's a pretty decent idea. If you can think of a good way to implement that, I can certainly talk it over with the other mods and Bondings about it.
Awesome! Dancing

OK. What I would like to suggest is that we run it as one of Bondings' series of competitions, for which the prize is a Domain or Frihost Coins as well as linking the winning Tutorial with everyone's Profiles, at the point where the Avatars and Signature Blocks will be uploaded.

The brief for the competition would be:
1. Create a step by step tutorial for uploading the Avatar, including an explanation of the Frihost rules for Avatars, limitations on size, and how to resize the Avatar, etc. The tutorial must include services that are available for designing an original Avatar, i.e. the Marketing Forum.
2. At the same time create a step by step tutorial for the Signature Block, same as above.