FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Imagine being Limitless

kingvidbina
I've been wondering about this at some times -- imagine building a device that allows an individual to make effective use of the 80 % of the brain that we normally don't use. Well last night after viewing I Am Number Four, the misses and I just decided to pick a random film. We watched Limitless. Has anybody seen it? I wont spoil the fun for those who haven't yet seen it but think about this:

Imagine a pil that would render the 80% of unused brain real estate useful. That means top notch concentration, lightning speed thinking, ever present inspiration, upgraded creativity, perfectly coordinated reflexes and much more.

What mind boggling project would you be working on if you had access to that drug?

I kept thinking about the work I'm doing on a small robotics project for school. Imagine the possible sophistication of the result. I would be a concentrated analytically proficient coder for as long as the pil wouldn't have been worked out. I'd probably be done in a fraction of the time I would usually spend on research. I could be a much better student. What if we all had the drug. What if we alll possesed that brainpower. We could probably have send a group of astonauta to Kars and Venus in the next 5 years. What else could've been different? Crazy idea!!!

It's good to be dreamin'
medesignz
I dont think anyone could even start to imagine the sort of things we could produce as the human race as we'd all be wanting more hours in the day for the projects we'd all be working on.

Firstly, I dont think we'd actually require sleep as we could perhaps train ourselves to use certain amount of brain power for certain parts of the day (33% for about 8 hours a day, and an extra 1% for the weekend Smile)

I dont think there would be wars or religion, there would be no starving nations because everything would be thought out rationally and logically. The science that we'd have would far superseed what we have today. Illnesses would be wiped out, our lives would be OK. When it comes to art, mistakes and living a little though, i think those would be the downfall...
deanhills
kingvidbina wrote:
Imagine a pil that would render the 80% of unused brain real estate useful. That means top notch concentration, lightning speed thinking, ever present inspiration, upgraded creativity, perfectly coordinated reflexes and much more.
We'd probably become crazy. Most of the very gifted people, who got to use more than the average percentage of their brain, could not handle it. I'm quite happy with my very small percentage. I wouldn't say I'm completely sane, but I don't seem to have an overburden of too much brain power. Very Happy