FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this your lucky day ?

PGe-tips
Is this your lucky day ?
Well before confirming, watch this video:

Unless you are one of the involuntary actors, I would say it's just an average day behind your PC display. Amazing how lucky some people are, this really unbelievable !
Helios
That's insane. These people are so lucky it's hard to believe, but there you have it, raw chance in action!
PGe-tips
Yet another one,... when it's not your time ... you simply step out and take another plain.

never simply give up when something goes bad. It ain't over till it's over !
Helios
PGe-tips wrote:
Yet another one,... when it's not your time ... you simply step out and take another plain.

never simply give up when something goes bad. It ain't over till it's over !

Great pilot. Reminds me of an IAF pilot who managed to land a F-15 with one wing.
Nameless
Is it wrong that for most of the clips in that video my immediate response was not 'oh how lucky' but 'oh that other guy is a (bleep)'?

Anyway, on my scale I'd rank "nearly badly injured by X" slightly below "not nearly injured by X" in terms of good fortune.
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
Is it wrong that for most of the clips in that video my immediate response was not 'oh how lucky' but 'oh that other guy is a (bleep)'?

Anyway, on my scale I'd rank "nearly badly injured by X" slightly below "not nearly injured by X" in terms of good fortune.
I was thinking more along the lines of some of the "near misses" being as a result of idiocy. Especially in the case of the racing car that missed a guy that was standing in its way by a hair's breath and the traffic cop who almost lost his posterior. It has to be sheer idiocy for a traffic cop to take that position on a high way. And for a racing professional to be in target range when cars are racing.
therimalaya
After looking at such video, I certainly say i'm a very lucky person. But, on the other hand, all those luckiest persons are lucky because something bad missed them. Today, nothing bad occurred, I cant say i'm lucky or unlucky.
nigam
i can say that was their lucky day and their 2nd life Smile but for me, it is not my lucky day today because i just had my impacted wisdom tooth extracted......truly hurts Sad
deanhills
nigam wrote:
i can say that was their lucky day and their 2nd life Smile but for me, it is not my lucky day today because i just had my impacted wisdom tooth extracted......truly hurts Sad
I have an impacted wisdom tooth that has its roots right into my jaw bone, and is surrounded by complicated nerves. If it should be removed, it will require surgery into the jaw bone. That probably has to be unlucky, including that I will definitely be numb in the areas that are affected by the nerves for a while, and if there are complications maybe lose feeling of part of my face for a much longer while. I'm postponing this as long as I can but can't have hot liquid such as coffee, without feeling it ...... darn!
ankitdatashn
Oo my my, the last video piece is so hilarious, The police were not knowing a bit about the robbers, and yeah robbers were too lucky out there, 2 police cars trapped them and yet they managed to escape easily, I wonder if that is really a real video Very Happy

And yeah seen that airplane one earlier, I keep wondering how can an airplance fly with only one wing, how to counter the roll!
nigam
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:
I have an impacted wisdom tooth that has its roots right into my jaw bone, and is surrounded by complicated nerves. If it should be removed, it will require surgery into the jaw bone. That probably has to be unlucky, including that I will definitely be numb in the areas that are affected by the nerves for a while, and if there are complications maybe lose feeling of part of my face for a much longer while. I'm postponing this as long as I can but can't have hot liquid such as coffee, without feeling it ...... darn!

both of my wisdom tooth is horizontal grown...my surgeon advice me that i should have removed it at the age of 24...i carried this 7yrs. already because of my phobia but just decided end of march...1 tooth has been removed..i thought i can carry if both should be removed...and yes...we are same...its roots stick in my jaw bone and surrounded by complicated nerves...my surgeon said it is complicated tooth Sad they cracked my tooth 4 times... half part of my lips was numb but still i can feel the nerves in between the roots....the roots were most disgusting but the crown and 2nd tooth cracked isn't...the operation lasted almost 3 hrs. My surgeon advice me to remove the other tooth as soon as possible because it will stick hardly to the jaw bone...so if I were you, i think you should do it....before it will become worst Sad.... but if your teeth is not horizontal grown...i think you can carry it....i am in a cold diet for 4 days now...

back on the topic, is the last part of video real? i couldn't imagine....the police can see it while on its way....that they were running and bringing those bags....
chatrack
Yes,
I just escaped from a minor accident. I was a heading to a main stream road from a pocket road,
another bike was coming fast, but with out a hone. I thought he would slow down. But he keep in same speed.

With the help of god i could apply break and just pass him. He give me a scary look at me.
But i did not mind it..
Thank God
cybersa
Nice video.
Thanks for the video.

Best of Luck to all.
mukesh
I am very unlucky i have no remember which day was lucky !!
ProwerBot
lmfao.... I should be on here. I have absolutely the worst fricken luck of anyone I know. I'm basically a shleprock with a stormy cloud hanging over my head at all times.
deanhills
ProwerBot wrote:
lmfao.... I should be on here. I have absolutely the worst fricken luck of anyone I know. I'm basically a shleprock with a stormy cloud hanging over my head at all times.
Never heard of schleprock before. Thanks for making a contribution to my vocabulary tonight Very Happy

When I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary it came up with this as well:
Quote:
1. Yo, Lacey I've been a schleprock all week. First my car broke down and while walking to work a bird s*** on my head. When I arrived my boss fired me and when I took the bus home I was mugged. By the time I got home my dog Lucky had died.
drunkenkoz
Well I've had a lot of bad stuff happen to me today, but also some good. All I can say is I'm neutral on the good luck/bad luck thing.
Ghost900
Those are some really lucky people, that is a great video.

The police missed the guys completely, it looked like something from a cheesy movie.
spinout
Hm, I can't remember a lucky day, in this life... or...
What is concidering lucky? Not having a tsuani on my frontdoor???

No, I am heading for the opposite on a tsunami - good times! But is there such a thing???
Good times??? I can only remember in this life to have done 3 good things - the rest is way worse than Darth Vader could ever done!!!

Even those 3 good things aren't concidered as good times , since it just lifted bad times a bit from the ultra darkness!

If there is luck/good times (that lasts more than 5 mins), tell me!
ankitdatashn
Every day is my lucky day,
For I wake up and find that I do breathe,
The day when my heart will silently lay,
Will be my baddest day with an eternal sleep... Smile
goutha
The last video is a making of a commercial Smile it's not a real video.

For the other videos, this is pure luck!

Not sure if today is my lucky day Smile
status
wow that was an epic police fail at the end...
adriane14
illl be lucky if my pending accepted
pirate
those are some extremely lucky people
breakfast
yes,love it they are so lucky
Wow, those are some really lucky people.

I feel lucky just to be alive - at least I try to be thankful most of the time.
DawnnaDukes
Nice video. Truly they are lucky..