FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To make new friends

inuyasha
I think I'm a bit shy and always feel awkward. It seems direct contact seems odd at my age and I can't just go up to someone and directly say hi.
In my English class, I found another boy whom I have much in common with. Both of us are One Piece fans, love English and Japanese pop music, get easily nervous when answering questions, etc.
I want to make friends with him but I'm afraid direct contact would be too strange.
cherry-pie
don't be so shy, talk to him about class and then you can talk about animes and things like that, it's nice to make new friends ^^ ganbare!
captainsuperdude
food is always a good ice breaker
nigam
yes....don't be shy...make friend to him by asking few questions about your lessons first...in that way, you can easily make friend to him Smile
Insanity
I think you need to just bite the bullet and do it. It wouldn't hurt.
ayour
don't be shy , ... and we are all your friends Smile
PlumbobGel
inuyasha wrote:
I found another boy whom I have much in common with.

If you really have that much in common with him then maybe he wants to be your friend too but is ALSO too nervous! Just start by asking about homework or commenting on the teacher and then gradually slip in some conversation pieces on what you're both known to be interested in. That way it's casual, but you'll be sure to hit it off. Don't worry if he doesn't reply much at first; after all, he sounds shy. Just keep at trying to make conversation and I'm sure friendship will follow. Smile
mshafiq
Some people find it difficult to make friends. Perhaps they are shy, or feel they lack the social skills to start a conversation.
you can Join groups that share your common interests
Watch and learn the people who make friends easily.
Smile.
When you talk to someone new, ask them questions about themselves or what they like to do; it's a good way to get started.
ankur209
Why you are shy of him...?? Wink C'mon give it a damn try ! You'll find that you made it a bit late to talk to him...! Razz
shivaghimire
Its too late me to reply, it has been months for your post. But the same situation might come again. Firstly, you should leave the habit of shyness. I think you don't talk too much. Be familiar with talking first. You may start talking by asking time (you hide your watch), asking places then start asking where you live and so on. The next day, when you see him/her smile and say 'hello', how are and so on. Then what..... become close, share feelings.
zbale
inuyasha wrote:
I think I'm a bit shy and always feel awkward. It seems direct contact seems odd at my age and I can't just go up to someone and directly say hi.
In my English class, I found another boy whom I have much in common with. Both of us are One Piece fans, love English and Japanese pop music, get easily nervous when answering questions, etc.
I want to make friends with him but I'm afraid direct contact would be too strange.

How old are you?

Common interests and experiences are indeed a great way to make new friends.

One possible way to make friends with this boy might be this: since friendship is also about sharing your fears, you might tell him you're not good at making friends easily but would like to be friends with him, and would he have a suggestion on how to do that?

I've always thought that being candid about things is the best way to go.

Good luck! and keep us posted maybe Smile
pll
Talk to him and ask yourself what's worst could happen? The worst thing that could happen is that he will not want to be your friend... BUT AT LEAST YOU WOULD HAVE TRIED.

If you already have some friends tell them to invite other people (which you don't already know).
Make an activity alltogether, this way you will already be with your real friends so you won't be so shy, and you will talk to the new people more easily, that way you will become more confident and be less shy.
After, when you will know those new persons make the same thing, tell them to invite new people.

That way you will get more friends, but take care, sometimes it's better to have one friend which is here to help you whenever you need him/her than to have 1-Million friends but no one can help when you need it.
zbale
Also, I'd like to recommend a book that I find very helpful in terms of developing stronger relationships with people: Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It's a book I recommend a lot.

Anything new? Keep us posted Smile
shomesnehanjan
inuyasha wrote:
Well socializing with strangers can be fun. Give it a try come out of your shyness.
airh3ad
Go online you will earn friends Social networking sites also deserve a mention. Facebook, LinkedIn and other sites can be a great way to keep track of online connections.anyway A good sharing of thoughts and exprience, I learn something from it, I love it. I will take this as a challenge in my life called it blogging for sure you will earn new friends.
loremar
Just approach him and talk about One Piece.
I remember my friend back at school. We talked nothing else but Beast Wars the whole school year.
But I am also shy.
_AVG_
Yeah, I used to be shy as well ... but slowly, as I spoke to more people, I got over the shyness. Everything's a matter of practice Very Happy
friho
you have many opportunities to make friend with him because you are in same class. you can naturely close to him .as time goes, you can become friends naturely.