FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Custom Buillt to order laptop

harihb
Is it possible to get a laptop that has the following parts?

Intel Core i3 processor 2.3GHz
Broadcom Wifi card for wireless
Atheros ethernet card for Wired connection
Intel x3100 Graphics Media Accelerator or Nvidia 9600 GT
320 GB HDD
3 GB RAM

Dell 1535 was one such model, but they have discontinued it.
weableandbob
I'm not sure if you can get a laptop with those exact specifications, but I know there are some sites that allow you to order custom built laptops. I'm much more of a fan of desktops, so I don't know any more than that, but try looking for one if you're interested.
adri
It is possible that a laptop with those specifications exist, yet it could be hard to find. I would suggest to take a look on the websites of globally known companies like Dell, HP, Acer, Apple and have a look around. I qm not sure you will find the same laptop but if you are looking for just a laptop to do some browsing, mailing, some office work, etc. You should do fine with most (probaby almost any) i3 processors and an nVidia 9 series graphics card.

Maybe if you say what you want to do with the laptop, we can find you one? Also, do you really need a laptop because there are alot of people who buy one but then don't use it at work or at school... Also if you are going to take it with you quite often, it mqy be good to keep an eye on the weight of your laptop and limiting the screen size to a max of 13 inches.

Sorry for the typos, I'm not used to write long texts on my touchscreen smartphone. :p

adri
QrafTee
Is there a reason you want a dated Nvidia video card?
Ankhanu
QrafTee wrote:

If you have no plans on using the stronger capabilities of a newer card, why use one?
william
Ankhanu wrote:
QrafTee wrote:

If you have no plans on using the stronger capabilities of a newer card, why use one?

Well, you can get more efficient cards nowadays anyway. No need to limit yourself to an older card when you won't be saving much money, if at all. I actually can't think of any notebooks (still in production) that use a 9600.
Ankhanu
william wrote:
Well, you can get more efficient cards nowadays anyway.

Yeah, it's true that many newer cards are more power efficient, which is a desirable trait in a laptop. But if just looking at graphic performance, going for the newest and best isn't always desirable.