FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bodhi Linux

harihb
When I was surfing, I came across a neat little distro called "Bodhi Linux"

Code:
http://www.bodhilinux.com/download.html

It is lightweight, ubuntu is the core, which means all your favorite packages will work. Enlightenment is the desktop environment (which probably is the reason why the OS is only 385 mb).
fabriascacibas
Σtimo sistema operacional! Laughing
glink
an other greate OS is the elementaryos.org project

it have the ubuntu in the core and have a nice minimalistic visual.

many people complains about it seaming MacOS but they ar aiming to have a diferent window manager, so i think that they are doing a god job go and try it Smile
schorsch
Bodhi is great for enlightenment fans, but i prefer a more minimalistic linux with e17: macpup.
It's based on Puppy Linux, but can use some ubuntu packages. All important tools are available and the system is running perfectly on even older pc's. Very Happy
sukhjinder
I too use bodhi linux on my 10 year old P4 1.6 GHz desktop with 256 MB RAM and it looks great with enlightenment. I get fade in/fade out transitions with the fabulous Enlightenment window manager even on my old pc. The pre packaged web browser also uses very little RAM.

All in all it pumped new life into my old desktop.
menino
schorsch wrote:
Bodhi is great for enlightenment fans, but i prefer a more minimalistic linux with e17: macpup.
It's based on Puppy Linux, but can use some ubuntu packages. All important tools are available and the system is running perfectly on even older pc's. Very Happy
\

I just started using macpup 528 a few days ago, and I love it.

I installed it on my old machine, and it runs quite smooth. I tinkered around with it, and it crashed a few times, which meant reinstallation, but its quite nice.

I tried Slitaz as well, but that also had a few minir problems, but still I liked macpup and slitaz.
AxelKenton
What's your favorite Linux distro?
Just want to see what other people prefer because I'm making my own Linux distro.

Please include what it is that you like about it.

My personal favorite is Bodhi.
lightningleo
Actually.. I DIDN'T heard about Bodhi Linux..
But I am downloading it.. via your link..
is it good???
does the media plugins are included???
AndyKarl
Operating Systems!!!!!!!!!!?
So I'm new to CS and was wondering if anyone could explain what the different Operating systems are used for.
bahba
Bodhi is a very great operation system. I use then on a old machine com a great performance.
Bahba