FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird Traffic Laws in the United States

deanhills
I found a hilarious article in Yahoo!News about weird traffic laws in the United States. I'm including my own personal favourites below, but the article is really great reading. I was wondering whether there were weird traffic laws like these in other countries as well?

1. In Minnetonka, Minnesota no dirty tires are allowed.
It is considered a public nuisance, and therefore illegal for “a truck or other vehicle whose wheels or tires deposit mud, dirt, sticky substances, litter or other material on any street or highway.” Penalty is a fine up to $2,000.

2. In Fort Thomas, Kentucky, it is illegal for your pet to “molest” a vehicle.
It is illegal for a pet to cause “annoyance, discomfort or injury to the health and welfare of persons in the community.” That includes “molesting pedestrians or passing vehicles.” Laughing

The penalty is a fine of up to $500.

3. In Kansas, it is illegal to screech your tires.
The penalty is a fine up to $500 and/or imprisonment up to 30 days.

4. In Eureka, California, it is unlawful to sleep in any public space including park benches, sidewalks, alleys or streets.
Penalty is a fine up to $1,000 and/or up to six months in jail.

5. In Rockville, Maryland it’s illegal to swear within earshot of other people, whether you’re on a street, sidewalk or highway. Even when you are in your car.
The penalty is a fine up to $100 and/or jail time up to 90 days.

I'll most likely receive a fine in Maryland, as I do lots of swearing when I am in the driver's seat. Very Happy
Helios
USA are famous for having dumb laws in general. I think we had a thread or even several threads about stupid laws.
Oh look who opened it Smile http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-117393.html
deanhills
Helios wrote:
USA are famous for having dumb laws in general. I think we had a thread or even several threads about stupid laws.
Oh look who opened it Smile http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-117393.html
Yeah right .... I'd kind'a remembered it, but forgotten I was the author. Although, better to say the author was Yahoo!News. What grabbed me in this one was a photo of muddy tires and that if one has just driven through muddy terrain, that one better visit a carwash first before one drives through Minnetonka, else one could get a fine of up to 2,000 US$. I then discovered some even wackier traffic laws and thought to share them. Very Happy
standready
Thanks for posting this,Dean. Now the local police are going to start looking up and enforcing those dumb laws just to meet their citation quotas.
deanhills
standready wrote:
Thanks for posting this,Dean. Now the local police are going to start looking up and enforcing those dumb laws just to meet their citation quotas.
Laughing Laughing

A good one! I have to wonder how many of our posts from Frihost are being cited though.
Helios
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:
Laughing Laughing

A good one! I have to wonder how many of our posts from Frihost are being cited though.

Hopefully the local police has better things to do than read forum posts. If not, then we're in trouble for sure.
missdixy
deanhills wrote:

4. In Eureka, California, it is unlawful to sleep in any public space including park benches, sidewalks, alleys or streets.
Penalty is a fine up to $1,000 and/or up to six months in jail.

Wow, what the hell do their homeless do? That seem like a pretty shitty law, too. That law is just super dumb. Especially considering that i often love to go to the park and lay down on a blanket and take a nap.
ocalhoun
Helios wrote:
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:
Laughing Laughing

Hopefully the local police has better things to do than read forum posts. If not, then we're in trouble for sure.

We're in trouble.

(+14 internets to whoever photoshops a screenshot of Frihost into that picture.)
ankitdatashn
Quote:

Well do they want the cars to fly then!! Very Happy

Quote:

I guess it's an euphemism for the pets to pee on the vehicles, dirty habit of pets, dunno from where they acquire this habbit! Wink

Quote:

Yeah, mowing down a pedestrian or two is better than screeching Very Happy haha

Quote:

What's the distinction that a person is sleeping or not, he may always claim to be not slleping Smile

Quote:
5. In Rockville, Maryland it’s illegal to swear within earshot of other people, whether you’re on a street, sidewalk or highway. Even when you are in your car.

Now that's a ridiculous one Smile
deanhills
ankitdatashn wrote:
Quote:

What's the distinction that a person is sleeping or not, he may always claim to be not sleeping Smile
Maybe snoring? Laughing

ankitdatashn wrote:
Quote:

Now that's a ridiculous one Smile
Agreed. Particularly when that is the only place that I do all of my swearing. Lots of swearing to do around here, and it somehow keeps me focused when I am driving. Twisted Evil
metalfreek
Quote:

Well than people in Minnesota should not drive during rainy season.

Quote:

I think I should open a dog toy shop there. My business should run very well there.

Quote:

No movie shooting in Kansas then.

Quote:

People in Eureka must be sleepless in this situation. Very Happy

Quote:

No comment on this one.