FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Five stars

sonam
Maybe somebody suggest something similar but I cannot find it. In gmail is one very useful option. This is star messages. With one click is possible to check and keep separate some messages from others. Is it possible to create here on frihost one button what we can use for personal booking some interesting threads. With simple link on forum home page we can then find this thread in any moment without searching around. I don't know how this is working on gmail and is this links stored in cookie or on the server but it is perfect.

Sonam
adri
Such a function is more or less available on Frihost, the problem is there is no list where you can't watch all the topics you follow. You can however, if you are reading this now, scroll down and click the 'Watch this topic for replies'-link which notifies you of all the (new) posts in that topic via email. It shouldn't be too hard for Bondings to list all these 'notified topics' in one list or if he's feeling lazy, he could just install a MOD which does this however Bondings isn't too keen about MOD's...

You can Unwatch a topic by going back to the same place and clicking the link again. Smile

adri
sonam
adri wrote:
Such a function is more or less available on Frihost, the problem is there is no list where you can't watch all the topics you follow. You can however, if you are reading this now, scroll down and click the 'Watch this topic for replies'-link which notifies you of all the (new) posts in that topic via email. It shouldn't be too hard for Bondings to list all these 'notified topics' in one list or if he's feeling lazy, he could just install a MOD which does this however Bondings isn't too keen about MOD's...

You can Unwatch a topic by going back to the same place and clicking the link again. Smile

adri

Yeaaa, this is something similar but.... Sad I don't need notification by email if someone write new post. I would like to have my list of featured topic (with my or without my post in it), nothing else.

Sonam
ocalhoun
Hm, the list of topics that each user is watching is already stored on the database... making a page that could view that data wouldn't be too difficult.

You'd still be getting email notifications that way, but it does seem to be the best option for such a feature, because it would be so (relatively) simple to implement.

(I do just fine by having a separate email folder for frihost emails, and having a sorting rule that automatically puts all frihost emails into that folder... The end effect is that my email inbox has an easy-to-use list of all the topics I'm watching that have new replies. (I mark all emails in that folder as 'read' when I log off of Frihost.) I also do this for every other forum I participate in.)
deanhills
sonam wrote:
Maybe somebody suggest something similar but I cannot find it. In gmail is one very useful option. This is star messages. With one click is possible to check and keep separate some messages from others. Is it possible to create here on frihost one button what we can use for personal booking some interesting threads. With simple link on forum home page we can then find this thread in any moment without searching around. I don't know how this is working on gmail and is this links stored in cookie or on the server but it is perfect.

Sonam
Now that is an excellent suggestion. I'd love to keep some of the threads I really like separate from others. Since I post to the extent I do, and often refer back to older threads, it would be a great help for me as well. The search feature is very helpful, especially the upgrades Bondings has made to it, but if I could rank them with a star system, that would be even more awesome.
sonam
ocalhoun wrote:
Hm, the list of topics that each user is watching is already stored on the database... making a page that could view that data wouldn't be too difficult.

You'd still be getting email notifications that way, but it does seem to be the best option for such a feature, because it would be so (relatively) simple to implement.

(I do just fine by having a separate email folder for frihost emails, and having a sorting rule that automatically puts all frihost emails into that folder... The end effect is that my email inbox has an easy-to-use list of all the topics I'm watching that have new replies. (I mark all emails in that folder as 'read' when I log off of Frihost.) I also do this for every other forum I participate in.)

Thanks ocalhoun, if we can get page with list of "Watching topics" it will be great. For emails I can create filter in my mailbox and this is not big problem. Maybe in future we can implement "Send mail" and "Don't send mail" check-box. Very Happy

Sonam