FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why chrome Crash So Often?

therimalaya
While i'm browsing internet now, the Google chrome crashes very often. I don't understant why it is so.
Does anyone have any idea... Question
jdelfire
It never crashed on me... you might have some corrupted plugins in chrome...
try to isolate the issue by removing or disabling some of the plugins 1 by 1 and observe...

the good thing about chrome is it uses 3 process. when one of the process fails the other 2 will still run...

I am still observing and studying how google chrome works... so far i've been running it with no additional plugins except the basic flash and javascript
Marcuzzo
I love Chrome, never crashed on me.
just as jdelfire advised, turn of the plug ins one at a time untill it stops crashing.
the last plugin is the one you want to repair or even remove.
ms_j
Oh I always use Chrome and I don't remember when was the last time it crashed. Like someone before me said, it could be one of the plugins. Plugins, not just in Chrome, in every browser SUCK!!! I avoid them as much as I can.
loyal
jdelfire wrote:

the good thing about chrome is it uses 3 process. when one of the process fails the other 2 will still run...

Wow, I never knew that. Is there any disadvantage to this?
FunDa
loyal wrote:
jdelfire wrote:

Wow, I never knew that. Is there any disadvantage to this?

Yes, definitely !

I browse with mutliple tabs open at a time, (not just 5 from a forum, also email, facebook, news, etc)
And some of them would be buffering videos too.

If any of these tabs crash(which does not happen often, but does so occassionally), it does not affect whole of Chrome. Only one tab crashes and has to be re-opened, while the other things will work as normal.
IceCreamTruck
I figured I would post this somewhere on here. You weren't descriptive about what's happening in your "crash" so I don't know specifics, but this is the answer to the problem of shockwave crashing on win7x64 chrome: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/chrome/beta

Sounds funny to install beta software for a fix, but it worked for me, and shockwave is not crashing on me any more. I think adobe tripped up the chrome developers, and the fix for chrome 10 updated version is now only in the beta stages.

Hope this helps people who are having the shockwave problem on chrome 10 running on win7x64
FunDa
And the trouble is usually Adobe Shockwave or Flash crashing ...
IceCreamTruck
FunDa wrote:
And the trouble is usually Adobe Shockwave or Flash crashing ...

Adobe used to be good before they started allowing checking for resources to cause so many waiting for "time out" situations, and before their software got so bloated.

How many updates to Adobe reader do we have to install in one year anyway? I think they specifically split all changes up into their own release, and on every release they introduce at least one spelling mistake, so they can do more supplemental releases to correct the minor spelling problems in support documentation we never read because using adobe reader is "stupid easy"

Yes, I can rant on Adobe all day especially since they used to have a good thing going for them, and now they are letting the open source world catch up which is inexcusable negligence to their responsibility to their share holders.

I really do not know what it's like for them to do business, but I do know they had a much better position a few years ago back when we weren't beaten to death with reader updates, and waiting for all the new "time-outs".
FunDa
I agree. Adobe could have done much much better, but they chose to be bad.

Anybody used Microsoft's Silverlight. I heard it is better built than Adobe, but since Adobe Flash and Shockwave have been installed in a lot of browsers while Silverlight is new, I don't like to install Silverlight.

If they collaborate and improve Flash, that would be awesome.

We have to admit that HTML 5 can play videos, but it cannot do everything that Flash does, which is games and stuff, not just videos.
mukesh
Chrome is a good browser i am currently using. it provide better performance. I think problem of any virus which croupy your chrome or installation problem or problem on your installation file.
loyal
FunDa wrote:
I agree. Adobe could have done much much better, but they chose to be bad.

Anybody used Microsoft's Silverlight. I heard it is better built than Adobe, but since Adobe Flash and Shockwave have been installed in a lot of browsers while Silverlight is new, I don't like to install Silverlight.

If they collaborate and improve Flash, that would be awesome.

We have to admit that HTML 5 can play videos, but it cannot do everything that Flash does, which is games and stuff, not just videos.

So is Microsoft Silverlight an alternative to Adobe's flash and shockwave?
IceCreamTruck
loyal wrote:

So is Microsoft Silverlight an alternative to Adobe's flash and shockwave?

I think so
Fire Boar
Yes, Silverlight is an alternative to Flash that is built on .NET, but there are simply not enough people with a Silverlight plugin. Flash is therefore a better option most of the time, despite it being somewhat buggy.
shadoobie
Chrome crashes OFTEN for me. I run the following extensions and these extensions are why I use Chrome:

* Lastpass
* Evernote Web Clipper
* Evernote Snipping Tool

If this keeps happening I think I'm going back to Firefox.
Marcuzzo
shadoobie wrote:
Chrome crashes OFTEN for me. I run the following extensions and these extensions are why I use Chrome:

* Lastpass
* Evernote Web Clipper
* Evernote Snipping Tool

If this keeps happening I think I'm going back to Firefox.

I have to say, I have them both installed, and I find myself using FF ( again ) more and more lately.
on my previous machine ( see previous post in this topic) I switched to chrome because ff was having serious performance issues with firefox.
but on my new laptop I've mostly been using firefox, also because Chrome was becoming slow, especially at startup
Pande
I miss netscape Sad blazing speeds always (relative to other browsers at the time) and really solidly built code!
biolu
Best idea is also to turn off all your pluggins, and restarting them one by one.
I had some problems with the Xvid integrated pluggin and ASA I turned it off, everything worked like a charm!
sysna
the main problem that usually causes users to face crash in chrome is low memory, mainly you need more than 2GB of ram in win 7 when you want to open some chrome tabs. by the way another reason can be a bad installation, you can reinstall your browser to see if problem solves
CHAOS-THEORY
Chrome is not ur choice at all, its so funny how much google pays for publicity and fake reports
riteshk1
May be there is some problem in your chrome try to reinstall it.
mahirh
go to [url]chrome://flags[/url] , check if anything is enabled. I had already switched to firefox.
Pande
riteshk1 wrote:
May be there is some problem in your chrome try to reinstall it.

Brilliant thread necro....
zimmer
therimalaya wrote:
While i'm browsing internet now, the Google chrome crashes very often. I don't understant why it is so.
Does anyone have any idea... Question

I think its more your workstation problem. I have not sure i already share my experience on chrome here but most likely in your PC issue.

I got 2 laptops one is always crashes my google chrome and the other one is perfect all the time. When i reformat it .. then my workstation works perfect as well as the google chrome browser.
JohnSmith420
yes, yes. I got your problem. It's probably sandbox thing that is causing constant Chrome crashes. Follow these instructions:

1. Right click Chrome, select Properties.
2. Click Target | Shortcut.
3. Add "--no-sandbox"
4. Confirm and save.

More solutions here:
http://chromecrashes.com/
mariagarval
I think you're using low configuration computer and sometimes it takes more process. Try to upgrade your system..
FunDa
Disable all add-ons
. I once had recuurent crashes of Chrome because of one particular add-on. Once that was disabled, it was working absolutely fine.
SonLight
CHAOS-THEORY wrote:
Chrome is not ur choice at all, its so funny how much google pays for publicity and fake reports

Why so negative in two different threads, without any basis for your claims? As you can see from other posts, many have no issues with chrome, and the flash conflict issue has a solution that frequently works. Your comments come near to being considered libel and potentially getting you in legal trouble.

I prefer Chromium (the open source version) to chrome, because of privacy issues. It still has a lot of Google-specific stuff, and I don't use it as my primary browser; in fact I normally only use it in incognito mode.