FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Beauty of JQuery

therimalaya
I really like jQuery, it helps to create (Design and functionalities) websites very effectively and efficiently. I can every change the look and add animating functionalities in my webpages without even touching its HTML and CSS. Exclamation

I'm just a beginner in using jQuery, so please elaborate some more feature of jQuery. It will really help us who are interested in jQuery. Smile
therimalaya
Does anyone know about how to install the Intellisense for JQuery in Dreamweaver. Like when I press .(dot) then it prompts for possible code, something like that.
Question
myqute
Or may be list the Jquery tutorial sites that you like? It could help a lot of bloggers here!

I heard good things of Jquery but have no idea what to install, where to install to. Things like that....
Fire Boar
The official jQuery documentation is really good, it's probably the best documentation on the internet. To set it up, the easiest way is just to include the following line in the <head> section of your HTML documentation.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
mahirh
therimalaya wrote:
Does anyone know about how to install the Intellisense for JQuery in Dreamweaver. Like when I press .(dot) then it prompts for possible code, something like that.
Question

this must be the closest you can get to a jquery intellisense plugin, it only supports till cs3
EDIT: oh, wait. I have realized that Dreamweaver natively supports jquery intellisense straight away if you have linked the file in the header.They seem to have some sort of technology they call “introspection” to interpret any javaScript files we would have linked the page we are coding and provide code hints accordingly
So , that means - the plugin for older versions of Dreamweaver and the built in function for pro cs3 versions!
jcreus
therimalaya wrote:
I really like jQuery, it helps to create (Design and functionalities) websites very effectively and efficiently. I can every change the look and add animating functionalities in my webpages without even touching its HTML and CSS. Exclamation

I'm just a beginner in using jQuery, so please elaborate some more feature of jQuery. It will really help us who are interested in jQuery. Smile

I miss the object oriented features that MooTools gives. I definitely recommend it, it also works great. BTW, a great informative and interesting site is [a]http://jqueryvsmootools.com/[/a]. Hope it helps.
therimalaya
Thanks everybody for all these replies, ...

mahirh, could you please elaborate how can i do that in Dreamweaver like including header and activating intellisense
malaysia
i want to ask. Is JQuery are cross browser compatible?.
kacsababa
In short, yes it is. Although there is always a possibility of bugs. Smile
But I hope you don't plan on ditching browser testing just cause you use a cross-browser library. Wink
Radar
jQuery is not-so-slowly taking over the web. It's perfectly understandable, but also weird, just knowing that there is a jQuery plugin for almost everything out there.
D'Artagnan
malaysia wrote:
i want to ask. Is JQuery are cross browser compatible?.

from jquery website

Firefox 3.6, 5.0.x, 6.0.x
Internet Explorer 6+
Safari 5.0.x
Opera Current - 1 version
Chrome Current - 1 version

actually jquery was the one thing that i've been working with for years now and i don't recall having adue to browser incompatibility, and i've seen some weird shit going on between Gecko and Webkit