FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Hollywood Icon passes on .... Liz Taylor dies

deanhills
Sad to hear about Liz Taylor passing on, but her movies are probably going to live on forever. Although I'm not much for drama movies, from an acting point of view, I think some of her best movies have been with Richard Burton and Paul Newman.
rogue_skydragon
At first glance I thought the subject read "Liv Tyler dies." I was gonna flip. But yes, it's truly sad that Elizabeth Taylor has passed...she lived an incredible life and built an amazingly successful career.
IceCreamTruck
When I was a kid she was a well established actor, and everyone was still talking about her, and telling me that I hadn't lived unless I had seen National Velvet or some other movie she was in. I always thought she was beautiful, so I kinda saw past some of the crazy look she had as she got older.

It marks a change in my life, cause I feel like I'm getting old now. Lot's of actors I used to watch are dead, but mostly because my grandparents used to send me taped TNT movies because my family lived in europe and for a long time there was no english alternative to local language programming.

Too few people will post on this thread, but that's the case when someone decent dies. Just wait till the "Brittany Spears is Dead" thread stresses the limits of the Frihost forums. Everyone says they hate her, but you're all still obsessed.
menino
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Too few people will post on this thread, but that's the case when someone decent dies. Just wait till the "Brittany Spears is Dead" thread stresses the limits of the Frihost forums. Everyone says they hate her, but you're all still obsessed.

Or any other new celebrities out there.

Elizabeth Taylor was very beautiful during her day, but lately she was more on the quiet side, so not many of this generation know about her.

I don't remember the movie that she was in, but it was with Paul Newman, and her acting wasn't bad at all, but she acted as a vamp, which I guess would be easy to play.

She was also good friends with Michael Jackson, as I remember, and I do believe she did some good charitable works for kids and people around the poor countries of the world.
It is sad to know that she has passed away.
IceCreamTruck
menino wrote:
She was also good friends with Michael Jackson, as I remember, and I do believe she did some good charitable works for kids and people around the poor countries of the world.

I didn't know any of this except that she did charity, but I didn't and still don't know what exactly.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I didn't know any of this except that she did charity, but I didn't and still don't know what exactly.
She took up HIV cause just after Rock Hudson, a really great friend of hers, had died of HIV. She raised millions, contributed lots of her own money and time to create a greater understanding of the HIV virus. At that time in particular (I think it was in the nineties) no one wanted to be near anyone with HIV and everyone went into shock when they realized Rock Hudson was otherwise. A Hollywood Actress (can't remember who it was) who was a romantic co star in a movie, was very upset that Rock Hudson had not told her about his situation, so that must have provided quite an uproar at the time, enough for Liz Taylor to take it up as a cause. She was also a great friend of Michael Jackson's, particularly during all the accusations of his alleged pedophilia. His death apparently completely capsized her as well.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
She took up HIV cause just after Rock Hudson, a really great friend of hers, had died of HIV. She raised millions, contributed lots of her own money and time to create a greater understanding of the HIV virus. At that time in particular (I think it was in the nineties) no one wanted to be near anyone with HIV and everyone went into shock when they realized Rock Hudson was otherwise. A Hollywood Actress (can't remember who it was) who was a romantic co star in a movie, was very upset that Rock Hudson had not told her about his situation, so that must have provided quite an uproar at the time, enough for Liz Taylor to take it up as a cause. She was also a great friend of Michael Jackson's, particularly during all the accusations of his alleged pedophilia. His death apparently completely capsized her as well.

I completely appreciate the time you have taken to put that information here, and I'm personally grateful. I did a search and read for alittle while, and picked up a couple of the facts you mentioned, but you provided a more complete picture then I was able to quickly read elsewhere.

While reading I was interrupted by the thought that I'm continuing a problem with humanity that I have found undesirable for a long time, and that is getting to know someone after they die. It was the reason I stopped reading. Not because I wasn't enjoying the info, but because I had the thought that I should do more research on living people, and continue working on my projects that will, hopefully, amount to me having more time for more pleasurable pursuits.

Thanks, again.
IceCreamTruck
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sjff_03_img1044.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm... even off set these two were great!

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/39814-find-out-elizabeth-taylors-shocking-james-dean-secret/1301063670_taylor-dean-290.jpg
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sjff_03_img1044.jpg
Oops ..... site was blocked.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm... even off set these two were great!

Agreed! Very Happy