FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Service Pack 1 for Windows 7

Possum
Hi

Have you installed SP1 for Windows 7 Yet.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1

It seems to be there but I got lost trying to find the version I need to install.

I want to format my drive and think having a SP is the best way to do this..

thank you..
Helios
Yeah, but it's a much easier process - using windows update.
I got a new notification about the SP1 upgrade as I would get about any new windows update. I downloaded and installed it through the windows update GUI.
Navigator
Thanks for the tip I wasn't aware of this, Vista SP1 was release a year and a month after Vista. For Win7 it took almost 2 years, what does this say about the product?
ahnguye5
Helios wrote:
Yeah, but it's a much easier process - using windows update.
I got a new notification about the SP1 upgrade as I would get about any new windows update. I downloaded and installed it through the windows update GUI.

Yeah, you should have seen it under the important list of Windows update. You may have downloaded it already unless you've checked and you haven't.
Possum
Does that mean if I re-install windows 7 again it will just download SP1. So my computer wont be rebooting all the time..
Asap170
Possum wrote:
Does that mean if I re-install windows 7 again it will just download SP1. So my computer wont be rebooting all the time..

If you re-install Windows 7 on your computer it's going to install base system with no updates. You then can check for updates by using the Update Checker in Windows 7. So I would say you wouldn't have to restart your computer as much, but after those you still will have the normal once a month updates that may require you to restart.
achowles
Well I was going to reinstall Windows anyway due to a hard drive upgrade. So I thought I'd try it first. I haven't experienced any significant problems with it at all. The only thing I noticed was that I then had to ensure my graphics card settings were set to resize images to fit the screen automatically. But other than that minor issue it was problem-free.

Possum wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately Windows update insisted on downloading a whole load of smaller updates before it finally got around to downloading SP1 again (after the format). So yes, many restarts. Sad
silverdown
I installed it , went successfully (not guaranteed for all users... you know how Microsoft is )
k_s_baskar
Thanks for your info. i;ll try it
menino
Navigator wrote:
Thanks for the tip I wasn't aware of this, Vista SP1 was release a year and a month after Vista. For Win7 it took almost 2 years, what does this say about the product?

After 2 years, for a service pack, means that the product has been stable for 2 years.
The service pack should contain a lot of hotfixes, and security updates as well.

At the moment, I'm also waiting to see the impact of SP1 for windows 7, as I don't want to slow down my machine.
LostOverThere
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I should definitely upgrade.

What's new?
ProwerBot
My copy of Windows 7 basically forbids me from installing SP1 because its tiny7 (naughty naughty) but I really wanna take it off my laptop, tiny7 is so constricting I can't connect to my home workgroup or like anything to do with networking except go on the internet.
mukesh
wow nice win 7 Service Pack Smile
chartcentral
I've updated my Windows 7 installation with Service Pack 1 the moment Windows Update prompted me to. However, I can't really tell much of a difference between this and the previous one. As I've read, there are only a few major changes and most are security fixes. Smile
flamepjlh
Possum wrote:
Hi

Have you installed SP1 for Windows 7 Yet.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1

It seems to be there but I got lost trying to find the version I need to install.

I want to format my drive and think having a SP is the best way to do this..

thank you..

Which version do you need?

The x86 platform or x64? I assume that you don't have the IA64.

Smile Smile
socials
Thanks for the link. I do have a windows 7 pc but I do not have internet. I had download it. Thanks
k_s_baskar
my 32 bit windows 7 already have service pack pack. I don't know when it updated. I am using auto update feature in windows so i am really always have updated version. Smile